Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on pb brother,it's crazy how much faster things happen with a 10ish mph pb..you are officially addicted to speedrunning 😆🤣🤣😂🤣😅😆

Thanks bro , I am totally addicted it’s such a rush and that difference of 11 seemed so much faster . Crazy how fast you run out of space

Thanks bro , I am totally addicted it’s such a rush and that difference of 11 seemed so much faster . Crazy how fast you run out of space
I also go after 5+lb bass..only other way to get the RUSH was to catch a 5lber..could only catch 2-4 a year..I get the RUSH about everytime with speedrunning.things start getting alot more technical after 130ish.start learning your data logging,plenty of help with learning to read them on here.

Typhon gt 5s playing around .

Screenshot_20221113-160238_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-155138_GNSS PA.jpg

I should try some foam running, from what I have been told and have experienced you can't run GRPs under 50 degrees.
I remember seeing someone running contacts on their WL Toys 1604...but I can't seem to find them. I might be misremembering. I looked around and found 1/18 foams from the companies XRAY and Action Line.
Just found some BSR 28mm 12mm hex wheels. In my opinion they are expensive, and I think I might just go with the pan car ones I found, they are $14 instead of $21.50 a par.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/bsr-racing-1-10-28mm-touring-tires-2-purple-bxrf2806/p59932

Last edited:
New all time pb for me. On a single srd v2 4s. Definitely gonna go down a couple teeth next weekend. Having to go get the car is getting old. Yesterday I ran 104 on 3s with a 400amp peak and the car still wouldn't drive back after I stopped. Infraction will throw a code and still drive back 🤔🤔🤔

20221113_190136.jpg

Screenshot_20221113-165324_GNSS PA.jpg

New all time pb for me. On a single srd v2 4s. Definitely gonna go down a couple teeth next weekend. Having to go get the car is getting old. Yesterday I ran 104 on 3s with a 400amp peak and the car still wouldn't drive back after I stopped. Infraction will throw a code and still drive back 🤔🤔🤔

View attachment 256134

View attachment 256135
Looking at your log, one thing you could do to decrease your amp draw is to accelerate faster at the start of your pull and slow it down as you reach WOT. Ideally, you want the last 10-15% of your pull to go the slowest. To be fair, I tend to have the same problem that I get impatient towards the end of the pull and it's hard to resist the urge to just gun it.

You want your curve to look more like this
1668385341411.png

And less like this
1668385376197.png

At lower RPMs you're drawing less current which is something you can take advantage of. You could assist your efforts in doing so by experimenting a little with EXP on throttle. I know, a lot of people like to keep it linear, but it still might be worth messing around with to see if it provides any benefits.

@Diem Turner thanks brother. Hopefully next weekend I'll have it sorted. I really want to get on the 4s challenge list.
Anytime. Just don't go crazy with the Expo. Add a gentle curve and see if it helps. Tweak. Rinse. Repeat.

View attachment 256134

View attachment 256135
Congrats on the new pb brother!!!😃👍🤘🤘

View attachment 256134

View attachment 256135
I'd try resetting esc throu software update,great 4s log with minimal v-drop for a single pack.14.7v is great...re calibrate cause ya didn't get 100%.great open wheel single pack 4s run.plenty more mph there..7900w on 4s!!!!!!!!

I'd try resetting esc throu software update,great 4s log with minimal v-drop for a single pack.14.7v is great...re calibrate cause ya didn't get 100%.great open wheel single pack 4s run.plenty more mph there..
Dude it was still pulling hard!!! Never thought about a reset. I'll give it go. Thanks k bash. With a proper road. That typhon could some nice numbers

Alright, so I finally made it out to my long road once again. Setup was identical with my last outing. Batteries were the CNHL 4S 9500mAh packs and motor was the usual 1721. Ambient temps were pretty low at 40°F, but that didn't appear to be a problem at all. It's been dry the past couple of days so road conditions were optimal. Voltage dropped to 13.5V at their lowest and recovered to 14.5V. WOT was held for a solid three seconds and RPMs plateaued. I rushed it a little at the end (as usual) but I'll take it. Amp draw was relatively low at 520A. Distance covered was a little over 1700ft. Gearing was 34T/31T pinion/spool and the calculation was spot on once again. 30k RPM peak, 7.3kW/9.8hp.

Moreover, I set a new PB both for 4S and overall. 130 Club Baby!!!

1668395893932.png
1668395918241.png

1668396019438.png

I’m digging the lighting. How do u control the headlights? I’d like to do something similar.
These lights are great. Absolutely love 'em. Channel four on the receiver controlled by the PS3 switch.

Never seen a grp go like this before.EXPLODED...lol I guess 20 degrees an hit a reflector in center of road did it

View attachment 256200
I guess I can run GRPs under 50 degrees? I was told do not run under 50 and the tires are happy when it is over 60.
Also, i always do a little burn out to worm up my tires (not much 2s-4s hit on the ground while holding the car).

I guess I can run GRPs under 50 degrees? I was told do not run under 50 and the tires are happy when it is over 60.
Also, i always do a little burn out to worm up my tires (not much 2s-4s hit on the ground while holding the car).
Just make sure you avoid the cat's eyes.

Back