Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New PB
2 passes back to back
Both 117mph
View attachment 86992
Not the 12Xmph pass I was wanting to see but I’ll take a new PB either way.
Curious to see what does if I throw a new set of Hoons on it with no other changes
May I ask is the photo exaggerating the toe out on the front end or is this a normal amount? I'm trying to get my Typhon set up and I am just wondering. Was nervous after it got a little sketchy last time I had it out, I may need to increase the toe? I finished making a home made spool and a modified drive shaft configuration I need to test, I don't want to write it all off on the trial run.

May I ask is the photo exaggerating the toe out on the front end or is this a normal amount? I'm trying to get my Typhon set up and I am just wondering. Was nervous after it got a little sketchy last time I had it out, I may need to increase the toe? I finished making a home made spool and a modified drive shaft configuration I need to test, I don't want to write it all off on the trial run.
It just looks out in the picture
64A69648-60ED-4E6D-8DD1-1286CF352899.jpeg

I 3D printed the fan mount. I believe it is posted here somewhere. I uploaded the STL file for others to print.

Just realized I blew another u-joint on my pass today. They were brand new shafts. That’s my final 8S attempt on a 3S car unless I decide to buy the CVDs.
Just found that integy has a dogbone drive shaft kit for the 3s granite. Have you seen these? I mean it's Integy but still... You'd probably have to swap the dogbone out for a longer one to run on a Typhon maybe. Anyways I saw this and thought that these might be an alternative to the composite cvds and the heavier metal cvds. I wish they sold just the out drives by themselves.

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=36322&p_catid=492#.Xveo_VNlCdM
Screenshot_20200627-131628_Chrome.jpg

Just found that integy has a dogbone drive shaft kit for the 3s granite. Have you seen these? I mean it's Integy but still... You'd probably have to swap the dogbone out for a longer one to run on a Typhon maybe. Anyways I saw this and thought that these might be an alternative to the composite cvds and the heavier metal cvds. I wish they sold just the out drives by themselves.

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=36322&p_catid=492#.Xveo_VNlCdM
View attachment 87378
Others have used those and warned me against them. ??‍♂️

Others have used those and warned me against them. ??‍♂️
I figured, I just found them but if they worked well at all I'm sure others would be making similar kits and not just Integy ?.

Only been able to get so far 55MPH out of my 3s Typhon running a 20t pinion!
I am going install the 26t pinion see if I can at least get 60mph out of her which is plenty fast for a 3s rig!
Typhon slammed.jpeg

Wow ! I can't wait to get the funds to put this infraction back together , right out of the box I switched servo out , I'm leaning towards the mamba x set up , haven't really considered motor options yet , hiding enuff funds is first task ?
I've had SOOOO many problems with integy , purchased products , three weeks later get a e mail it's not a availible , got a bumper for my e Revo didn't come close to fitting , had to drill new holes in it , ordered some wheels , they had metal flange on the back side would not work , and sending there crap back is a worthless female dog

Last edited:
Had massive cogging issues today on my Typhon? I don't know what's going on with my setup? The home made spool I put together seemed to work well, though maybe it's the reason for the cogging?

Managed a pretty hopeless 118km/h 73mph in front of my house, but the wheels were still spinning at 3/4 throttle so with a decent run I might get that up to a more respectable figure.
20200629_151923.jpg

How are you fitting 8s into a Typhon 3s?
Not well ??‍♂️?? I am using an MMX8S with an Arrma 2050kv motor. It’s way too much for the plastic drivetrain to hold. Going to go back to my MMX8S and an Arrma 2400kv motor on 6S until my TP shows up.

First run with the Limitless setup so took it nice and easy!

Not a bad first run.
You may want to heat shrink those motor connections. That makes me nervous seeing the connectors close like that. A strong short could take out the ESC.

Not a bad first run.
You may want to heat shrink those motor connections. That makes me nervous seeing the connectors close like that. A strong short could take out the ESC.
Good call. Also just noticed factory setting for the DX3 is 75% throttle limit! I might want to turn that up too! ?
image.jpg

Good call. Also just noticed factory setting for the DX3 is 75% throttle limit! I might want to turn that up too! ?

Be sure to go through the re-calibrate throttle settings on the ESC. It may have been calibrated that 75% was 100%...
Either way you will want that full linear 100% throttle available from the transmitter!

Last edited:
Back