Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awesome run on 4s
Nice,video helps me alot,I'm so amped most the time I don't remember much after runs,..watch vid an It all comes back to me..keep filming brother...I've watched you post fast times on here's for a long time..please keep sharing,,,,subbed

:ROFLMAO::...:( How do you get a car that locked in? I have trouble keeping my car in 2-3 lanes.
If it’s not on rails then you need to do some tuning. Hard to say without looking at it. Make sure there’s as little slop as possible to start. Toe and camber need to be right also. Don’t forget the lift test. When lifting the car from the front and back make sure both tires come off the ground at the same time. If not then it can get “darty” under power.

:ROFLMAO::...:( How do you get a car that locked in? I have trouble keeping my car in 2-3 lanes.
Would it be uncharitable of me to say that Jon wasn't that locked in, which was a big part of his problem? :LOL:

I really wish he would have spent more time looking for a better stretch of road that didn't have the curbed entrances to the road. That's just asking for trouble and it's only a matter of time until, to quote Jon, "BOOOOM!!!!".

To elaborate on my speed runs today. In short I have a new PB of 125 MPH. I had several runs in the 120s, with 125 being the best.
1674369505950.png

This time around I had multiple cameras which is cool, but I realy need to work on my FPV because it's basically useless video. This is the 125 MPH run with two cameras.

After that new milestone, I switched to some fresh SMC batteries. I sent it up the street and it sounded a bit chunky, so I brought it back thinking it was pinion, but it wasn't. Ok then send it. Fresh batteries, throttle pinned I pulled a measly 120 even and spun on braking? Hmm that was weak, we need to do that again, with the same results when even the spin. OK let's pack it in.

The weird thing was it would brake hard, then spin when it decreased speed. When I got back to my truck I looked it over in a bit more detail and found that the front diff doesn't act right. With an open diff, the wheels should spin opposite direction and the drive shaft doesn't turn.

I've got to pull it apart and see what happened. I thing the diff let go which would explain the spin while braking, because there were not front brakes.

It's all part of the game.
Cars all over the place today..1 of the better ones,lol......
You about killed me when you walked on the car. 🙈 You could do that back in the '70s, but they aren't made for that anymore.

Nice run, BTW.

To elaborate on my speed runs today. In short I have a new PB of 125 MPH. I had several runs in the 120s, with 125 being the best.
View attachment 272019

This time around I had multiple cameras which is cool, but I realy need to work on my FPV because it's basically useless video. This is the 125 MPH run with two cameras.

After that new milestone, I switched to some fresh SMC batteries. I sent it up the street and it sounded a bit chunky, so I brought it back thinking it was pinion, but it wasn't. Ok then send it. Fresh batteries, throttle pinned I pulled a measly 120 even and spun on braking? Hmm that was weak, we need to do that again, with the same results when even the spin. OK let's pack it in.

The weird thing was it would brake hard, then spin when it decreased speed. When I got back to my truck I looked it over in a bit more detail and found that the front diff doesn't act right. With an open diff, the wheels should spin opposite direction and the drive shaft doesn't turn.

I've got to pull it apart and see what happened. I thing the diff let go which would explain the spin while braking, because there were not front brakes.

You about killed me when you walked on the car. 🙈 You could do that back in the '70s, but they aren't made for that anymore.

Nice run, BTW.
Input cup grub screw tight?

View attachment 272019

Nice run, BTW.
The car was definitely RWD which explains the erratic behavior under braking. If the input cup is working as prescribed, open up the diff. It's possible that you sheared one of the cross pins or broke a sun gear. I'm sure it will become obvious rather quickly once you open her up.

Congrats on the new PB (y) :)

View attachment 272019

Nice run, BTW.
Ya I always stand on cars...I'll forever have a old beater to drive to work an not care if a rc hits it at speed...

Whole world's about to find out what these low-kv big cans are all about..I imagine McCoy is super pist about this car..raz is letting the cat outa the bag on the low kv big can secret James has been trying to hide...441a on a 199mph hit with 6500mah..my testing has proved these motor are the way....everyone about to be running them after raz Max's this setup out...

Ya I always stand on cars...I'll forever have a old beater to drive to work an not care if a rc hits it at speed...

I hear you there. If I dent my car it's on me. When someone else does it and is clueless, there is no excuse. Living in a very large metropolis, with metropolitan people (AKA selfish) it's getting harder and harder to have a nice car.

Back