Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special but still a PB on the setup. Stretched/wide Typhon running a TP 4060 2620kv, mmx8s on single G+5000mAh 4s pack 109mph. Still having issues getting her to run straight but was able to get a few good passes in. Odd the car wants to pull right on start then at about 60+ straightens out so🤷
Screenshot_20230127_135134_GNSS PA.jpg

Last edited:
We finally have our very own speedrun section so,
Let’s see ‘um

Post up your daily MPH and/or new PB numbers here.
It was a good day then not a good day, m
We finally have our very own speedrun section so,
Let’s see ‘um

Post up your daily MPH and/or new PB numbers here.
I had a good day and a bad day, for my second run,I messed up on the start and ended up under a big loader bucket that was put there 2 min earlier and was sticking out in the road some,had to wait 15 min for the loader to come back and pick up the bucket to get my car back,lol . Needless to say I have some fixing to do. Now for the good part is I got a pb on 6s at 163 on the first run.

Screenshot_20230128_104529_GNSS PA.jpg

Had to get in a few runs as we have storms rolling back in so last day to run for awhile. Typhon is still all over but was able to pull 114mph on 4s parallel and first ever 6s pass on motor and setup at 127mph in about 1500ft. Not sure what to make of these mmx8s logs though pretty hideous😖 thinking cap pack is toast and mmx8s possibly on its way out🤷
114mph 4s parallel
Screenshot_20230128_134525_GNSS PA.jpg
20230128_145539.jpg

127mph 6s pass
Screenshot_20230128_140950_GNSS PA.jpg
20230128_145209.jpg

Got out for some testing today. Car is definitely dialed in. Just did some 3s and 4s passes. I'm geared pretty conservatively. Just trying to get back in the saddle and work out the jitters. Did 82mph on 3s and 104mph on 4s. Didn't use the throttle timer function on the NB4 either. Car is on rails so I'll probably do some more 4s passes just to get used to things again and go up from there. All in all I feel a lot better with how she runs so I'm just gonna stick with the basics and go slow this time and have fun.
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png

Gotta show some 2s love. New pb. 100mph in a 1\7 scale . It's putting a real hurt on my packs though but one was kinda crappy out the box anyway.
Arrma infraction GT
xlx2
2 cnhl 6200 2s2p packs in parallel

Screenshot_20230128-164039_GNSS PA.jpg

Got out for some testing today. Car is definitely dialed in. Just did some 3s and 4s passes. I'm geared pretty conservatively. Just trying to get back in the saddle and work out the jitters. Did 82mph on 3s and 104mph on 4s. Didn't use the throttle timer function on the NB4 either. Car is on rails so I'll probably do some more 4s passes just to get used to things again and go up from there. All in all I feel a lot better with how she runs so I'm just gonna stick with the basics and go slow this time and have fun.
.View attachment 273737View attachment 273735
Great that sucker up and see how far you can take it on 4s!!! I'm addicted to all the lower volt challenges. Crazy good fun.

Gotta show some 2s love. New pb. 100mph in a 1\7 scale . It's putting a real hurt on my packs though but one was kinda crappy out the box anyway.
Arrma infraction GT
xlx2

View attachment 273773

Great that sucker up and see how far you can take it on 4s!!! I'm addicted to all the lower volt challenges. Crazy good fun.
Very well done! I can't get 8S to 100 and you just did it with 2S!
This shows how crazy my 1/8 and 1/10 builds are going to get this year.

Very well done! I can't get 8S to 100 and you just did it with 2S!
This shows how crazy my 1/8 and 1/10 builds are going to get this year.
Thanks brother how's your vendetta coming along? That's gonna be a super fun car

Arrma infraction GT
xlx2

View attachment 273773

Funny you should say that. Was thinking I just might leave it for lower volts and use the new build for 6S and 8S. It’s got the 2022kv 4080CM in it now. Thinking of getting a higher KV for it. And good to see you running the CHNL parallels. I picked up a couple of the 3s during a sale but haven’t tried them yet. Today I ran the SRD V1’s for 3s and the CNHL 9500 90c for the 4s passes, both in parallel. I have the new square SRD V2’s also but I’m saving them until my jitters are completely gone. 🤣

Funny you should say that. Was thinking I just might leave it for lower volts and use the new build for 6S and 8S. It’s got the 2022kv 4080CM in it now. Thinking of getting a higher KV for it. And good to see you running the CHNL parallels. I picked up a couple of the 3s during a sale but haven’t tried them yet. Today I ran the SRD V1’s for 3s and the CNHL 9500 90c for the 4s passes, both in parallel. I have the new square SRD V2’s also but I’m saving them until my jitters are completely gone. 🤣
Good move on saving the srd v2. From my experience the 95000 fall on their face when you start pushing the hard but they would be great for getting it dialed in. Personally I hope you do ru low volts. For me 2300 to 2400kv work good on low volts. Higher kv are really hard on lipos. I have a tp4060 3500kv that did 115 on 3s that I may try again now that I know more.
1721 is a great motor for all volts.

Good move on saving the srd v2. From my experience the 95000 fall on their face when you start pushing the hard but they would be great for getting it dialed in. Personally I hope you do ru low volts. For me 2300 to 2400kv work good on low volts. Higher kv are really hard on lipos. I have a tp4060 3500kv that did 115 on 3s that I may try again now that I know more.
1721 is a great motor for all volts.
Got the 1721 in the new build. Anxious to try that out. And yea. I don’t plan on using the 9500 for anything serious. I just already have them so I’ll stick to parallel runs with those.

Thanks brother how's your vendetta coming along? That's gonna be a super fun car
It is almost done, I am weighting on a drive shaft and spool and need to order links and then we will be good to go do some test runs with my test combo (160A 6S) when I got the money, I will be doing a MMX8S TP4050 set up.

It is almost done, I am weighting on a drive shaft and spool and need to order links and then we will be good to go do some test runs with my test combo (160A 6S) when I got the money, I will be doing a MMX8S TP4050 set up.
I'm excited for you bro. It's gonna be a blast and fast. Can't wait to see you post speeds. Goodluck and godspeed.

It was a good day then not a good day, m

I had a good day and a bad day, for my second run,I messed up on the start and ended up under a big loader bucket that was put there 2 min earlier and was sticking out in the road some,had to wait 15 min for the loader to come back and pick up the bucket to get my car back,lol . Needless to say I have some fixing to do. Now for the good part is I got a pb on 6s at 163 on the first run.

View attachment 273652
Awesome work man. Sucks about the mishap on the second run. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Last season I got 167 on 6s with my dual. There was so much more in it too. I was at like 85-87% throttle iirc. 6s on a dual setup can see 180 mph.
Awesome work man. Sucks about the mishap on the second run. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Last season I got 167 on 6s with my dual. There was so much more in it too. I was at like 85-87% throttle iirc. 6s on a dual setup can see 180 mph.
I dug up the log, even if I held full throttle longer I would have see close to 170 there. And my throttle input was set to 85% on the remote because I was geared for 4s passes
DBF702A9-041D-4170-B925-9AC3A00CF6A4.jpeg

Last edited:

I dug up the log, even if I held full throttle longer I would have see close to 170 there. And my throttle input was set to 85% on the remote because I was geared for 4s passes
View attachment 273887
Thanks brother, it was 200 for parts,new body and such. As soon as I get the right gears it should hit 170,they sent me 8mm instead of 5mm. Curious on what batteries for the 167. Here's a pic of the damage and one of the new.

20230128_132102.jpg

20230129_105956.jpg

I think I'm about done,crashed again today with what I just fixed.

View attachment 273988
Walk away for a while and put it in a box. Come back after a while. It sucks so bad crashing one that you just put back together. I have done the same. I also cussed and quit speedrunning the whole ride home. After 2 days I was ready to inspect the car better and make a plan. Hate to hear about your crash man.

Walk away for a while and put it in a box. Come back after a while. It sucks so bad crashing one that you just put back together. I have done the same. I also cussed and quit speedrunning the whole ride home. After 2 days I was ready to inspect the car better and make a plan. Hate to hear about your crash man.
Thanks, got to go through the entire car,bent chassis, broken wing and all,new body again, I like them to look good, it will be fixed by the end of the week.

Back