Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For quick reference, the GP5 diff multiplies the pinion/spur gear ratio by (43/13) X (42/15) = 1.1813. If you keep your spur gear constant and you have a 28T pinion, switching from 43/13 to 42/15 is the equivalent of gearing up 5 teeth to a 33T pinion because 28 X 1.1813 = 33.08. So going to GP5 diffs just lets you downsize your pinion by 5-6 teeth to maintain adjustability for further gearing.
I was gonna say that but like this, "me go fasta wit da gearsy changea. You makea da rationa in da deeferentia beega den da pinione can bea pocitto smalla". Almost the same as how you explained it, no?

A 46T pinion on a 35T spur does fit nicely. Smaller spur (31-29T) would probably still work too. GP5's give some extra headroom, but not mandatory to make 30k rpm hit ~150mph

1616852928587.png

I was gonna say that but like this, "me go fasta wit da gearsy changea. You makea da rationa in da deeferentia beega den da pinione can bea pocitto smalla". Almost the same as how you explained it, no?

Jar Jar, is that you? 🤣

Well all I can say is WOW! Went out to get the Limitless going straight and feel her out, absolutely impressed and happy as a clam! Had to make one single button push on the steering trim and she's going straight as an arrow. Lowest gearing possible 27/34 on 6s already 102mph!! This thing is going to put out some big numbers that's for sure!! Even did better than the speed calculator which is a first, so definitely not a true 1700kv think more like 1850-1900😍 But man how about that first maiden passes with the Limitless 102mph consistently!!
Screenshot_20210327-151524.png

Went to new spot for the first time,its gonna do!!
Typhon 106mph NEW PB!! Tryed the grpz
big rock did 83mph before running off the road at speed.not near wot.make some changes an go again in the morning

View attachment 135156

View attachment 135164

View attachment 135165
Nice! Glad to see a new PB! Man you gotta quit running off the road and crashing so much😣🤕 take some more time to get the setup going nice and straight it will save a lot of money and headache for sure! Also may not seem like a lot of damage but I'm sure tiny little bends in steering posts, chassis, driveshafts etc that you can't really see will take away MPH's in the long run. Definitely worth it to make a few trips out to just get your rigs all dialed in before going gung ho for that PB 👍

Nice! Glad to see a new PB! Man you gotta quit running off the road and crashing so much😣🤕 take some more time to get the setup going nice and straight it will save a lot of money and headache for sure! Also may not seem like a lot of damage but I'm sure tiny little bends in steering posts, chassis, driveshafts etc that you can't really see will take away MPH's in the long run. Definitely worth it to make a few trips out to just get your rigs all dialed in before going gung ho for that PB 👍
There going strait,typhon went strait as an arrow.the steering setup on the 1/10 is hard to get the sloop out of.not the best design for speed.hard to make adjustments ill figure it out,@Edough13 do you have the programming paperwork for MMX8s.lost mine its still on default settings.ordered USB programming kit.haven't received. Is there a way to program without usb??

16168893045106077048486101989961.jpg

There going strait,typhon went strait as an arrow.the steering setup on the 1/10 is hard to get the sloop out of.not the best design for speed.hard to make adjustments ill figure it out,@Edough13 do you have the programming paperwork for MMX8s.lost mine its still on default settings.ordered USB programming kit.haven't received. Is there a way to program without usb??

View attachment 135169
I've tried watching videos to program without castle link but I can't figure it out at all. What I've seen wants you to turn ESC on holding full throttle and wait like ten seconds but when I try it just recalibrates throttle. Also may be holding reverse but again when I try it just does the data logs wipe and doesn't go to "programming mode" so I've programmed it when I am able to pull logs with my mom's computer but I think all I've done is put punch at like 25% and break to 70% and recently disabled LVC. Only paperwork I got with mine just says to go online to the "drivers ed" on Castle, and shows what factory settings are is about it here it is👇
IMG_20210327_171519350.jpg
IMG_20210327_171531846.jpg
IMG_20210327_171536465.jpg

T
I've tried watching videos to program without castle link but I can't figure it out at all. What I've seen wants you to turn ESC on holding full throttle and wait like ten seconds but when I try it just recalibrates throttle. Also may be holding reverse but again when I try it just does the data logs wipe and doesn't go to "programming mode" so I've programmed it when I am able to pull logs with my mom's computer but I think all I've done is put punch at like 25% and break to 70% and recently disabled LVC. Only paperwork I got with mine just says to go online to the "drivers ed" on Castle, and shows what factory settings are is about it here it is👇View attachment 135172View attachment 135173View attachment 135174
Thanks,im stupid when it comes to computer doings.i read throu it before I lost it. I couldn't figure it out either

What's funny, but not really, is how hard it took me to break 100mph with the Typhon GT and first ever pass this thing does 102mph😂 also gives me a lot more confidence in speed running as the 102mph pass was like a stroll in the park 😁

The Typhon was like flying a trainer before you get in the cockpit of a fighter jet. Now you know what that training was for! Looking forward to seeing how far this takes you. (y)
Or like getting a Porsche and then a McLaren 😂 still blown away maiden first ever pass already broke 100mph😍😁🤘

So I wasn't happy that I didn't get a full video of my run last week with the Limitless, so I decided to do it again only this time with the Jaguar body instead of the Toyota GT1 body. Here's the video

View attachment 135169
I put the Hot Racing steering in my T3/6s to help with some of the slop. On top of that, you need to replace all the composite balls in every steering link. The slop becomes much worse as those balls stretch and disintegrate. I jerry-rigged some metal ones from 6s parts to help reduce the total slop. Improved steering is huge when you keep running in the high 70's and low 80's with these rigs.
So I wasn't happy that I didn't get a full video of my run last week with the Limitless, so I decided to do it again only this time with the Jaguar body instead of the Toyota GT1 body. Here's the video
I don't know how anyone can do it on such heavily travelled roads. In your first pass, there was a car coming in the other direction. There's also all those parked cars and commuters there. I can appreciate your confidence, but I only do speed passes in places where the only sound I can hear are the crickets chirping. If I crash, then the collateral damage is minimal to none existent.

Last edited:
Back