Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Won't be out till may thou.they are now making custom packs...
I’ll wait anyways. Picked up the V2’s and some Onyx packs. SMC has kept pretty good stock of the V2’s so I’m assuming it’ll be the same with the V3’s. I’ll grab some when they’re in stock. Can’t ever have too many batteries. 🤣

I’ll wait anyways. Picked up the V2’s and some Onyx packs. SMC has kept pretty good stock of the V2’s so I’m assuming it’ll be the same with the V3’s. I’ll grab some when they’re in stock. Can’t ever have too many batteries. 🤣
I'm assuming you're mainly buying/running matched pairs of batteries, when you run 6s do you like running 2x3s or just one 6s brick? Just curious because my primary car is a stretched typhon & battery/chassis space is very limited

I'm assuming you're mainly buying/running matched pairs of batteries, when you run 6s do you like running 2x3s or just one 6s brick? Just curious because my primary car is a stretched typhon & battery/chassis space is very limited
I prefer to run 2 packs to keep the weight balanced. One on each side. And yes I match them. If I want to do a 4s pass I run parallel packs. If I want to do a 8s pass I run the same packs in series. Just my personal preference. If you don’t do it that way try to run the packs equally at least. Do a pass on one pack and then another pass on the other.

I prefer to run 2 packs to keep the weight balanced. One on each side. And yes I match them. If I want to do a 4s pass I run parallel packs. If I want to do a 8s pass I run the same packs in series. Just my personal preference. If you don’t do it that way try to run the packs equally at least. Do a pass on one pack and then another pass on the other.
Well I currently only have 2 dedicated speed packs (cnhl g+70 6k), also have a single gen ace hv pack I'll give a shot. Really only interested in buying 6s batteries honestly, cuz I can also bash em & multiple packs just don't fit well under the typhon. Been shopping around for a new pack(s) to compare

Well I currently only have 2 dedicated speed packs (cnhl g+70 6k), also have a single gen ace hv pack I'll give a shot. Really only interested in buying 6s batteries honestly, cuz I can also bash em & multiple packs just don't fit well under the typhon. Been shopping around for a new pack(s) to compare
Unless running xlx2 ripple is much higher running 2 vs single packs.less weight also..I raised body enough to fit 2 37mm tall packs..8s..

Unless running xlx2 ripple is much higher running 2 vs single packs.less weight also..I raised body enough to fit 2 37mm tall packs..8s..
Am running xlx2, but I just don't have any interest in running 8s right now. I'm pretty set on only running 6s packs. Just don't wanna drop that much $$ on new platform. I'd really love to try those srd v3's & compare em to the g+. I've raised my body up as well, now I worry about air getting under the huge hole in the body where the steering linkages go thru & doing a backflip. Made this front wing, ya think it'll really help w/ my front aero? What did you do about sticking the sides of the body down? Tape? Really appreciate any info to help get me to 120mph bro!!🤩👍👍🤘🤘🤘

20230307_141411.jpg

20230307_192955.jpg

Am running xlx2, but I just don't have any interest in running 8s right now. I'm pretty set on only running 6s packs. Just don't wanna drop that much $$ on new platform. I'd really love to try those srd v3's & compare em to the g+. I've raised my body up as well, now I worry about air getting under the huge hole in the body where the steering linkages go thru & doing a backflip. Made this front wing, ya think it'll really help w/ my front aero? What did you do about sticking the sides of the body down? Tape? Really appreciate any info to help get me to 120mph bro!!🤩👍👍🤘🤘🤘

View attachment 285949

View attachment 285950
If you install front center brace mount, ya can then get AR320376 an cut it down to keep air from getting under body,.drill new hole an mount here to raise front.
Post in thread '130mph+++ stretched typhon SPEEDRUN build' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/130mph-stretched-typhon-speedrun-build.38711/post-542307

16790195944598142763039897614568.jpg

SRD-V3 11.1V-6200mAh $80​

vs

CNHL Parallel Series 6200mAh $50​

Time will tell which one is better and if the SMC one is worth the extra $30.
Appeartly all these new v3 packs are from 3 diffrent cells..3 very powerful cells so I imagine they'll be much better..I wanna get a custom 5s srd made for vendetta if I can push to that point.160+/5s

Screenshot_20230316-213420_Photos.jpg

Finally after over a month of storms was able to make some passes today. Unfortunately the Limitless is down as the bullet on the XLX2 I tried to fix didn't hold. But the stretched Typhon ran great after making adjustments and getting rid of slop while not running. Also changed out the old cap pack for a Castle 12s cap pack I had from @Rcproponent to see if it improves the ripple. Pulled a 3s PB for the Typhon of 105mph and just about have it running on rails now👌🏼
Screenshot_20230317_142514_GNSS PA.jpg

Forgot also ran a 4s 111mph shorter pass with the Typhon on single G+ 6k that was second pass on the pack. Typhon's definitely running better as previously made a parallel 4s pass at 114mph before the adjustments I made.
Screenshot_20230317_141257_GNSS PA.jpg

@Edough13 I had a motor wire bullet come loose as well. I took an old soldering iron tip and ground it down to match the dip in the bottom of the bullet. Tinned the esc tab a little heavy with lumps, Tinned the bottom of the bullet, then used the iron tip to press the bullet in and fuse the solder. I wiped the tip off first so I didn't get residual solder inside the cup. Used plent of Flux at every step. So far so good as it's pulled close to 600 amps quite a few times. Just figured I'd share what worked for me. Goodluck man.

I'll have to get video edited up but here's a short IG Reel of today's 105 pass
Finally after over a month of storms I was able to make a few passes today. Pulled a 3s PB for the stretched Typhon of 105mph🤘🏼
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp6LUXquyMJ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
@Edough13 I had a motor wire bullet come loose as well. I took an old soldering iron tip and ground it down to match the dip in the bottom of the bullet. Tinned the esc tab a little heavy with lumps, Tinned the bottom of the bullet, then used the iron tip to press the bullet in and fuse the solder. I wiped the tip off first so I didn't get residual solder inside the cup. Used plent of Flux at every step. So far so good as it's pulled close to 600 amps quite a few times. Just figured I'd share what worked for me. Goodluck man.
Ya that's almost exactly what I did but it just won't hold for me. It's fine making the pass but when I brake and hit road cracks it breaks loose. Have to try cleaning everything up better and resoldering again.

Back