Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I wasn't happy that I didn't get a full video of my run last week with the Limitless, so I decided to do it again only this time with the Jaguar body instead of the Toyota GT1 body. Here's the video
NICE! I really gotta move somewhere warmer with less wind 🤣

I put the Hot Racing steering in my T3/6s to help with some of the slop. On top of that, you need to replace all the composite balls in every steering link. The slop becomes much worse as those balls stretch and disintegrate. I jerry-rigged some metal ones from 6s parts to help reduce the total slop. Improved steering is huge when you keep running in the high 70's and low 80's with these rigs.

I don't know how anyone can do it on such heavily travelled roads. In your first pass, there was a car coming in the other direction. There's also all those parked cars and commuters there. I can appreciate your confidence, but I only do speed passes in places where the only sound I can hear are the crickets chirping. If I crash, then the collateral damage is minimal to none existent.
It’s true the road isn’t an ideal location as far as traffic and the general area goes, but it’s smooth and the only place around me that can support those kinds of speeds. I try to mitigate risk as much as possible by running on Sunday mornings when it’s almost empty. Regardless I need a new bigger place to run anyway, it’s getting hard to stop without running out of room there

Just ran back to back passes on 7s.109 an 110 for a new pb.car went strait as an arrow.current setup working. Running 27/40.ill gear up to 28 next.new battery trey on way.cant fit 2×4s packs in car yet.CNHL BLACK SERIES PACKS. MOTOR 127 DEGREES AFTER BACK TO BACK PASSES.THE SOUND OF CAR GOING BYE IS UNDESCRIBABLE.IMO MIX OF A INDY CAR AND A CROTCH-ROCKET AT REDLINE ..

Screenshot_20210330-124405_GNSS PA.jpg

Just ran back to back passes on 7s.109 an 110 for a new pb.car went strait as an arrow.current setup working. Running 27/40.ill gear up to 28 next.new battery trey on way.cant fit 2×4s packs in car yet.CNHL BLACK SERIES PACKS. MOTOR 127 DEGREES AFTER BACK TO BACK PASSES.THE SOUND OF CAR GOING BYE IS UNDESCRIBABLE.IMO MIX OF A INDY CAR AND A CROTCH-ROCKET AT REDLINE ..

View attachment 135895
Congrats on the PB

This line made me laugh 😂 so I’m quoting it out of context
This is something only an older married guy could relate to:LOL:

So I wasn't happy that I didn't get a full video of my run last week with the Limitless, so I decided to do it again only this time with the Jaguar body instead of the Toyota GT1 body. Here's the video
Awesome progress!
You gotta get out of the city brother!!!

@K-BASH you've got 3 cars on the list; which one is this? Congrats on the PB!
Stretched typhon,she's wanting more.by the time it comes by me no more steering needed,just throttle.after about 1/3 throttle its like its on rails..make a arrow change an probly go again on current setup.go from 27 to 28t overnight an go again tomorrow.need to try go-pro next time. Just getting car ready an making sure gnss is all good is alot for me. Add go-pro an thats even more for me to remember, lol.
BABY STEPS.im tempted to try 107mm hoons another try.give me about 10mph more ,but better just stick with whats working for me
16171321282139043811591487536417.jpg

Went up 2t on pinion 29/40.gonna try for 120s after work today.heres setup,can only fit 7s under body till new batt tray comes tomorrow. Nice,beautiful, little to no wind.car going perfectly strait.only change i did was less restricted wing.THANKS LIBERTY FOR UT VIDEO. most likely would finish with 119.lol
Shes rip rooring ready to go...
These S4s are hooking hard.ill get a tire temp today.car comes back an tires are smoking hot.look melted a bit

1617204790140123977206498819273.jpg

16172048638716714693351276681813.jpg

16172050638141810303213829810795.jpg

Screenshot_20210331-102546.jpg

I only got up to 100mph today. It just wasnt going on rails. New set op GRP S7's just didnt feel right at all. I locked up the rear diff so i was about to blame it on that, but then i noticed this:

1617211555029.png

First time running speed with these threaded revo ones instead of slicks (S3-4-5 usually). Disregarding the hole, I also don't like how they roughen up so quickly. These have run 3 miles, mostly below 80mph...

I only got up to 100mph today. It just wasnt going on rails. New set op GRP S7's just didnt feel right at all. I locked up the rear diff so i was about to blame it on that, but then i noticed this:

View attachment 136189

First time running speed with these threaded revo ones instead of slicks (S3-4-5 usually). Disregarding the hole, I also don't like how they roughen up so quickly. These have run 3 miles, mostly below 80mph...
So no real input on the locked dif. I'm actually starting to get nervous about the 1M weight I added to mine. I hope this doesn't affect the driveability too much, but still haven't gotten to make my first passes with the GP5's and the heavier weight.

View attachment 136189

I’ve had lots of issues with S7s as well. Never had any issues with just about any of the other 1:8 GRP. I’ve had almost all styles too. I really prefer the S3 Revo and just know they wear out quickly. They are cheap. At least they don’t blow.
So no real input on the locked dif. I'm actually starting to get nervous about the 1M weight I added to mine. I hope this doesn't affect the driveability too much, but still haven't gotten to make my first passes with the GP5's and the heavier weight.
The locked diff would HELP keep you from blowing tires. An open diff is your worst nightmare. A single tire getting all the power would be how you could guarantee a blow out.

I reattached my front splitter and adjusted my ride height for less rake. So headed back with a new set of rear tires. Even tough the it seemed balanced enough in my pre-check it was definitely the tire that was acting up. New rear tires and it's on rails again. Some cars were parked at an annoying place so my road was shortened to 350m(1150ft) but i was still able to pull 179kmh/111mph comfortably.

Based on this experience with and without my battered body and how my limitless behaved in it's best days, i'd say the locked read diff does make it go straight a little nicer and tiny steering corrections are slightly more direct. Minor nuances in the positive. On the other hand, torque steering from throttling up is more direct as well. Increase power to much and it will hop to the left slightly more direct than 100k rear diff would do. The positive effect of the tiny steering correctios does compensate that some. Adding Jondilly strong argument for less chance of blowing tires I'd say it's a win.

See how easy it stays straight and in the middle of the road:
straight.gif

I reattached my front splitter and adjusted my ride height for less rake. So headed back with a new set of rear tires. Even tough the it seemed balanced enough in my pre-check it was definitely the tire that was acting up. New rear tires and it's on rails again. Some cars were parked at an annoying place so my road was shortened to 350m(1150ft) but i was still able to pull 179kmh/111mph comfortably.

Based on this experience with and without my battered body and how my limitless behaved in it's best days, i'd say the locked read diff does make it go straight a little nicer and tiny steering corrections are slightly more direct. Minor nuances in the positive. On the other hand, torque steering from throttling up is more direct as well. Increase power to much and it will hop to the left slightly more direct than 100k rear diff would do. The positive effect of the tiny steering correctios does compensate that some. Adding Jondilly strong argument for less chance of blowing tires I'd say it's a win.

See how easy it stays straight and in the middle of the road:
View attachment 136211
My neck hurts. I think it's gone by 3000 times as I write this.

I'm running traxxas 20 million in all 3 diffs.not running a spool.i can punch it at about 70ish an it just hauls ***.before little to much throttle at any speed an it would spin-out.IMO seams to go alot more strait. Hardly have to steer at all during entire run.

Back