Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it be in reverse rotation. Swap 2 motor wires .probably going 75 in reverse
This is what I was thinking too, but the esc settings show 100% in both directions. Gonna try it anyways.

Not sure if you have radiolink receiver. But this has helped me alot.my rate is at 50% so I can turn around in 1 turn.then steering speed i slow down to 50% an return at 100% .I can steer good at speed.....works great for me

20210410_121822.jpg

20210410_121832.jpg

This is what I was thinking too, but the esc settings show 100% in both directions. Gonna try it anyways.
I'd just see if car is fast in one direction than other.dry run it in hand.couple quick blips should give you a answer

@LibertyMKiii would it be a bad decision to pull wing for 130 pass????I know it affects braking on big end,but just pulled off a 129.bout to go for 1 more run.its sitting foward an low as possible right now with some custom less restricted angle job i rigged.(drilled new holes in mount tabs.

View attachment 138555

View attachment 138557
I don't recommend it. These cars seem to "need" some wing. Maybe just trim down the center a little more?

Congrats @K-BASH!! Makes me want to run a couple 8s passes as I know I'll push 130s for sure if I'm pulling 123 on 6s👍 and thanks bro for keeping the competition going your definitely one that pushes me to go for higher PB's 👍

Congrats @K-BASH!! Makes me want to run a couple 8s passes as I know I'll push 130s for sure if I'm pulling 123 on 6s👍 and thanks bro for keeping the competition going your definitely one that pushes me to go for higher PB's 👍
Same brother,come on throw some volts at that 2080..she hasn't even woke up yet.not sure if ya got matching 4, 3s 7s works good on mmx8s. Throu together a new car last night swb haven't ran it yet .if it flys straight ill proceed
Getting to 130 went smooth 140 in open wheel car is a challenge I guess.find out

Last edited:
Managed 104 mph yesterday, so back on track. Changed some settings on the radio last night so waiting for another dry day to get out again. Crashed 3 times during testing. Car is ridiculously quick and I was having a hell of a time trying to get it going straight. Hopefully the adjustments to the steering expo will help. FYI, my white wing is history🥺

Managed 104 mph yesterday, so back on track. Changed some settings on the radio last night so waiting for another dry day to get out again. Crashed 3 times during testing. Car is ridiculously quick and I was having a hell of a time trying to get it going straight. Hopefully the adjustments to the steering expo will help. FYI, my white wing is history🥺
I SEE GOOOD #S IN YOUR FUTURE.it'll come around brother.
Looks like there's a 3 way tie for 9th,J-DIZZLE,I mean @jondilly1974

Last edited:
@K-BASH You are close to my liking, seems like in need to up my game. I've made some drastic changes, so I should be able to maintain some distance ;)

But not today. I blew another rear tire (orange stickered S7 GRP's) doing 125mph runs. No damage, just ended my runs for the weekend. But what worries me most is my GNSS not working properly. My fastest run of the day only clocked at 75kmh (46mph)

Datalog gave it 1600 rpm more than 125mph run before, no PB but really annoying that i cant trust the gps. I'll have to add my old GSM015 to double check from now on.

How is your suspension/ride geometry set? (Toe, camber, preload, etc)

@K-BASH You are close to my liking, seems like in need to up my game. I've made some drastic changes, so I should be able to maintain some distance ;)

But not today. I blew another rear tire (orange stickered S7 GRP's) doing 125mph runs. No damage, just ended my runs for the weekend. But what worries me most is my GNSS not working properly. My fastest run of the day only clocked at 75kmh (46mph)

Datalog gave it 1600 rpm more than 125mph run before, no PB but really annoying that i cant trust the gps. I'll have to add my old GSM015 to double check from now on.
All good streaks must come to an end sooner or later.i just hope it'll be easy to fix.
Put together a SWB last night.stock 150a firma an 4068-2650kv on 6s with 29/46.,test runs 88mph an WENT STRAIT👏👏👏👏.super windy here ,but I might be able to get 100 with firma150a. Back to back passeses an system under 125 degrees.should be fun to see how far that system will go.what do you all think willl go POOF first? 40$ motor or firma.

16181673167724145535171392082434.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-125751_GNSS PA.jpg

All good streaks must come to an end sooner or later.i just hope it'll be easy to fix.
Put together a SWB last night.stock 150a firma an 4068-2650kv on 6s with 29/46.,test runs 88mph an WENT STRAIT👏👏👏👏.super windy here ,but I might be able to get 100 with firma150a. Back to back passeses an system under 125 degrees.should be fun to see how far that system will go.what do you all think willl go POOF first? 40$ motor or firma.

View attachment 138991

View attachment 138992
The firma will just go in protection mode before it reaches 4kW. That might not be enough to kill the motor, unless ran overheated. In my experience the surpass 4092 all fail between 5.5-6kW. So far the 4068 in my serpent did not die on me, even though it has a 220A esc to draw power from.

How is your suspension/ride geometry set? (Toe, camber, preload, etc)
Not nearly as precisely as it should be. Rear camber and toe are pretty much factory default, tiny bit of negative camber. Front has about a degree of toe in with about the same camber as the rear. Based solely on tire wear, it seems to have pretty level contact with the pavement.

Not nearly as precisely as it should be. Rear camber and toe are pretty much factory default, tiny bit of negative camber. Front has about a degree of toe in with about the same camber as the rear. Based solely on tire wear, it seems to have pretty level contact with the pavement.
Toe in is your enemy. You want at most a degree of toe out, but neutral is what I shoot for. Toe in will make it steer much harder.

Toe in is your enemy. You want at most a degree of toe out, but neutral is what I shoot for. Toe in will make it steer much harder.

It's funny you talk about setup, Myself and a friend both had Infractions last year.
As you may or may not know as per my Infraction build thread I spent ages setting mine up, removing slop etc correcting toe and camber..!!
The end result was my friends untouched one behaved, handled and drove better and straighter than mine, go figure..!!🤔😩

I even had a conversation with "Phillip aka Ripple Killer" once about setup and he told me his are almost box stock..!!

It's funny you talk about setup, Myself and a friend both had Infractions last year.
As you may or may not know as per my Infraction build thread I spent ages setting mine up, removing slop etc correcting toe and camber..!!
The end result was my friends untouched one behaved, handled and drove better and straighter than mine, go figure..!!🤔😩

I even had a conversation with "Phillip aka Ripple Killer" once about setup and he told me his are almost box stock..!!
Yep he doesn’t even change diff fluids. I was amazed. Just a testament to his driving skills more than anything

She’s dialed in now guys! 😀
The first two full passes of the season are under my belt now.
My intention was to go out early this morning so I wouldn’t have to deal with any traffic at my run location but we had storms roll in last night and the roads were still wet at 6:30am.
Took the girls shopping and out for lunch so I didn’t get a chance to go back out to my spot until 3pm. Traffic was an issue but I got 2 in anyway

1st on 4s just to make sure the suspension and alignment were on point and the second was on 6s. Dropped 3 teeth on the pinion from my 127 pass at the close of last season.

4s pass
34393F64-6815-490D-AE91-B58ED65AA109.jpeg

86DB1B5F-825F-43AC-A4FC-1DDB1C40BAC6.jpeg

2nd pass was on 6s
C6E76DD9-5005-4653-8828-3FAACD4FDC0B.jpeg
6788B9FB-17BB-4F5F-9714-A52E272DF6E8.jpeg

I actually attempted to get verification video for the passes today but grabbed an old iPhone from the closet and didn’t realize it had recording issues until after the second pass. My daughter wanted to go so she filmed while I drove. First video of the 4s pass has no sound, not sure why other than it’s a couple yrs old and been in storage for the last 9months. The second pass the video just stopped on its own when I was heading down to the start point. Hindsight I should have just downloaded the GPS app to the old iphone and recorded everything with the new one I use everyday.

First pass (4s)

Second pass (6s)
No it doesn’t come close to anything resembling verification but I feel like everyone should have to see the top of my butt crack on this wonderful Sunday evening 😂

*As an afterthought neither vid should qualify as verification because I just now realized that I never showed the balance plugs 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

As an afterthought neither vid should qualify as verification because I just now realized that I never showed the balance plugs 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂
Glad to see you running! And the gearing sounds promising. BTW, since I know your log matches your second run, I trust it was 6S due to the voltage :cool: Again, though, we're not here to scrutinize people's numbers if they're reasonable.

Back