Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear your motor went up in smoke :( Still 128mph on a 4050 ("4082"), is very good achievement. None of the non-TP motors that size i've done speedruns with made it past 124mph before they fried. It's a non CM 3Y version, right?

I did some benchmark runs with my TP 4060 - 1750kv - 3Y today on conservative gearing (110mph), I was already happy with the rather low ampdraw. Seeing your result it seems to have plenty of room for more gearing.
Have you ever tried any of the leopard motors for speedruns??boat
Might have a hard time getting back close to the 130 with the 1650. But then again the lower kv is higher torque for higher gearing I'd think. I'm running the 4060-cm 2080kv and I think I'm about tapped on 6s at 123mph. I'm going to run Sunday if it's not windy with going up a few teeth and see if I gain any speed, if not I'm tapped for 6s so be going to 8s next. FYI 123 is with 31/34 gearing so going to 34/34 as I thought I had a 33t pinion but it was a 34 so see if I have gain or if I'm done on 6s. Also not sure there's a mount that will allow 29/29 as stock mount has to be total teeth count of 60 minimum same with the PPS mount actually think @jondilly1974 said he had to run it at 62t minimum as it would mesh tight enough lower than that.
Heres tallest gearing I have right now..I do have a 4040 2100kv delta i could use.probly run hot

Screenshot_20210416-192130.jpg

I managed a whopping 93mph today before the rear output cup on my spool let loose. ??‍♂️

View attachment 86771

Unofficial PB on this Typhon 6S is 117mph on 8S. It’s not official because I had to steer it into the ditch when the spur came loose last run. If you can’t drive it back it don’t count.

My overall PB is in the Typhon 3S at 130mph on 8S which shredded a rear diff at the end of the pass on the big end. Was able to drive it back with FWD so I count it ???‍♂️

Just fixed her up tonight and hope weather permits an 8S pass again tomorrow.

View attachment 86772
Thing is awesome! I'd like a list of all parts and gearing lol

Sad to hear your motor went up in smoke :( Still 128mph on a 4050 ("4082"), is very good achievement. None of the non-TP motors that size i've done speedruns with made it past 124mph before they fried. It's a non CM 3Y version, right?

I did some benchmark runs with my TP 4060 - 1750kv - 3Y today on conservative gearing (110mph), I was already happy with the rather low ampdraw. Seeing your result it seems to have plenty of room for more gearing.
Everran leopards for speedruns??mounting holes and 3.5 bullets would make things a pia.but they run good in boats like the tp motors

Lmao my whole life ive learned the hard way with everything.my whole life ive worked on having better patience,still working on it....
Next victim will be 4070-2700kv cm a 10 second-75,000rpm motor. See how it can handle 7 an maybe 8s.suppose to sell 1 of my 1/10 today.if happens im buying a xlx2...that be my next system.think till then I'm gonna throw my reg.4060-1650kv in there..just don't have gears for pb..just ordered 29t spur maybe try some 1 to 1 with it

Yes tp4050-2100kv 3y....its been great motor.probly get another one.for now I'm gonna put this 4060-1650kv delta motor in typhon..I can't tell any difference in a y an d motor .I've read they have a different powerband.ill be posting damage when I take it apart later..
I've been testing the 4070CM-2700 on 8S and it's just not doing great efficiency. High rpm's, very high amps/rpm drop under load. I personally think a relatively slower overall drivetrain rpm, by bigger gearing and no extreem kv just does do better. The 2200kv seems to be the sweetspot. It's not so much about just higher rpms.. It's more like at what rpm the motor gives the optimal efficiency where you can gear up the highest. This is also where Y and D differ a little bit.

For gearing i have 26-30, 32, 34, 38, 39 and 46 giving me plenty of options.
Everran leopards for speedruns??mounting holes and 3.5 bullets would make things a pia.but they run good in boats like the tp motors
Didn't do speedruns with a leopards, but used some on other vehicles. They are like Toyota's. Not the fastest, but close and very reliable.

I do still have a MSQ 4092-2000KV on stock which i want to give a try on the limitless.

Last edited:
I've been testing the 4070CM-2700 on 8S and it's just not doing great efficiency. High rpm's, very high amps/rpm drop under load. I personally think a relatively slower overall drivetrain rpm, by bigger gearing and no extreem kv just does do better. The 2200kv seems to be the sweetspot. It's not so much about just higher rpms.. It's more like at what rpm the motor gives the optimal efficiency where you can gear up the highest. This is also where Y and D differ a little bit.

For gearing i have 26-30, 32, 34, 38, 39 and 46 giving me plenty of options.
I've got 4 tp power motors,highest kv is 2100.i wanna try a high winder soon.even if on lower volts.i just like trying different things. I like the 4s challenge everyones doing,but everyone's doing it....lol...3s challenge?????
36mm can challenge????
0-100mph challenge????
NEED ANOTHER CHALLENGE TO PLAY WITH WHILE SPEEDCAR IS DOWN.

Nice!
So on the infraction you used NB4 CH speed/perfect pass whiles on the typhon it's all manual?
The Infraction pass shown here was using the CH Speed feature at 5.0 seconds. T3SGT was still using Futaba.

Does that make you the fastest one here?
No and also we are only counting Arrma rigs for the speed list not Hobao's. That's awesome regardless but again not an Arrma rig...

Back