Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New PB!
View attachment 88147
Took my good luck charm with me this morning so she could get some video.
(Made her sit in the rear of an open suv for cover just in case things went sideways on the run up)
God I love the sound of a speed pass ?????

New PB!
View attachment 88147
(Made her sit in the rear of an open suv for cover just in case things went sideways on the run up)
Real nice run there! Looks like it is driving very straight.
Is that the 2450kv tp4050?

Real nice run there! Looks like it is driving very straight.
Is that the 2450kv tp4050?
Thanks!
No not the 2450kv
I’ll just say it’s lower than that and I plan on throwing 8s at it once I’m done squeezing what I can on 6s ?

New PB!
View attachment 88147
Congratulations on your PB just got a Typhon 6s daughter brought me a Mamba X 8s for Father’s Day now I’m trying to find the rt T.P motor to go to it and 120mph sounds just find can u tell me wht T.P motor your running plz..

Ran my HobbyStar 4092 1480kv on 34T Spur 30T Pinon, just a short run outside my house with stock ESC. There is a reflector in the middle of the road that I can't seem to avoid, hit it at near full speed today and got a nice 50m wheelie and nearly lost control. Still managed only 131km/h 81mph..
20200705_105446.jpg
20200705_105556.jpg

I've got some parts on order, I really want to get to a clean road for a proper run and hopefully get close to 100mph

Had some issues today with my new MMX8S that was delivered yesterday. It was a replacement for the MM2R I sent back. This was in my Typhon 6s GT. I couldn’t get a full throttle pull out of it as it would amp limit and poop down. I had six runs under 100 mph and one at 124 mph but it’s not official as I had to put it in the ditch due to traffic and couldn’t drive it back.

6B73E5BB-5349-4525-AE28-42AEB48D6B27.jpeg

Had some issues today with my new MMX8S that was delivered yesterday. It was a replacement for the MM2R I sent back. This was in my Typhon 6s GT. I couldn’t get a full throttle pull out of it as it would amp limit and poop down. I had six runs under 100 mph and one at 124 mph but it’s not official as I had to put it in the ditch due to traffic and couldn’t drive it back.

The MMX8s was shutting down due to over amps? The castle Rep indicated there was no amp limiting on that ESC?
Congrats on the new PB even if you say it does not count. I'd say it does not count if you crash etc, but if you pull off the road to protect it from a 1:1 car that counts in my book

View attachment 88628
:( that sucks... and is just ??.. sorry dude ..

Knew I wasn't going mad or blind in my old age..??? NO SPRINGS..!!
I had mentioned it in another post earlier in the week too..
Everyone called me crazy when I did that on the Unlimited project. Look at me now ;)

unlimited completed.JPG

Do they log the voltage/current curve in software? What are the usual reasons for that kind of power loss? Bad cell, over geared, bad electrical connection?
Yeah I pulled the logs and the voltage didn’t sag very far, so it may be a bad ESC. I just received it yesterday. Going to swap it with my other one and give it a rip tomorrow. See what happens.

Yeah I pulled the logs and the voltage didn’t sag very far, so it may be a bad ESC. I just received it yesterday. Going to swap it with my other one and give it a rip tomorrow. See what happens.
Guess I have a lot to learn ??‍♂️ I didn’t know you could even do stuff like that. I’m such a NEWB! ??

What are Castle like with warranty and proving you have a bad ESC? Wonder what type of test procedures they use to ensure that the unit meets the spec?

What are Castle like with warranty and proving you have a bad ESC? Wonder what type of test procedures they use to ensure that the unit meets the spec?
My MM2 Retro was really bad so they didn’t question it. This one I will have to swap with a known good unit and see if that fixes it.

Just realized I blew another u-joint on my pass today. They were brand new shafts. That’s my final 8S attempt on a 3S car unless I decide to buy the CVDs.
Buy the CVD's JD! They definitely hold up well and you can buy replacement parts for them if needed.

This probably isn't the place for it except that I'm trying to work something out on my Typhon, is there any issue running a Castle motor with a Hobbywing ESC? For example I have a Max 5 and a Max 6 would it be ok to run a 1717 Castle motor with them? I know they are not the best speedrun ESCs, but until I can get a MambaXLX extreme would it damage the motor with timing or anything? Thank you.
700X400+NEW+1717+SERIES+.png

Back