Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This probably isn't the place for it except that I'm trying to work something out on my Typhon, is there any issue running a Castle motor with a Hobbywing ESC? For example I have a Max 5 and a Max 6 would it be ok to run a 1717 Castle motor with them? I know they are not the best speedrun ESCs, but until I can get a MambaXLX extreme would it damage the motor with timing or anything? Thank you.
You can pair it with the Max5. It wouldn't hurt the motor in any way.

Hit an all time PB today of 137mph and it will be official when I get this video uploaded ?

Screenshot.jpeg

Hopefully no damage? By the way, I've never seen what your car looks like; mind sharing a few pics?
It has a bent battery tray and slightly tweaked the rear of the chassis. Both were fixed in 2 mins when I got home.

That body looks good now you have it fitted..??
Thanks man. The paint turned out pretty poorly. It’s already coming off in spots. It may just get a brake fluid wash and repaint it the way I intended. I rushed it and it shows.

Made a pass today in the Typhon 3S and ended up melting the connector off the motor lead. This was an Arrma 2400kv motor on 6S. This happened as I got into full throttle and happened at about 109mph. Lucky for me it rolled to a stop in the middle of the road. No further damages to report.

2857628F-2330-46D7-B074-211ED0BD76BC.jpeg

I finally found a decent road with little traffic to run last Sunday, and its not too far from me either. I took out my Hobao Hyper VT for a test run on it and easily managed a 120mph pass.. and of course I had forgot to charge my Gopro the night before, so no video. I'm going again Sunday and will make sure to get the video lol. I did get a few pics. The thing that really struck me was how slow the pass looked and felt, though at 120 this was a new PB for me. I have done speedruns on roads where I went much slower but due to traffic, road conditions, or other factors I was very nervous about it. By contrast, running on this wide, flat and smooth road was easy, no big deal. I look forward to getting the Limitless out there this Sunday and see what she can do

Attachments

• IMG_E4410.JPG
    IMG_E4410.JPG
    580 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_E4412.JPG
    IMG_E4412.JPG
    565.4 KB · Views: 42
Back