Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might need more testing on the motor timing. My car lost about 5mph going to 0 degrees (d-wind motor)
Temp changes were very minimal so I went back to 10 degrees timing.
Are your findings on the latest firmware? I honestly let I all the timing go ever since the XLX2 launch debacle.

Since i keep registering a relative high amp vs speed i've not been tempted to raise the timing again, 5mph difference is a lot

Are your findings on the latest firmware? I honestly let I all the timing go ever since the XLX2 launch debacle.

Since i keep registering a relative high amp vs speed i've not been tempted to raise the timing again, 5mph difference is a lot
This was the MMX8s on original firmware. I wish the logs showed the motor timing in the data graphs so you could know what it was doing with the timing....

Ok so not sure what's up besides the rotor to me looks like old junk that was lying around they slapped in. No kevlar wrap at all so not sure if that's normal for TP motors or specifically the CM motors? But all looks good? Went out again today and same thing right at 130 on the money did the same thing so I have no clue?? Also tried timing back at 0 like the 138 pass I ran and didn't make any difference obviously. Here's the rotor and what I could get of inside but all looks good besides the sh!t looking rotor that's like dented and pitted with no wrapping.
IMG_20210513_105557432.jpg
IMG_20210513_105542011.jpg
IMG_20210513_105622815.jpg

Heres replacement rotors,looks same besides dents

View attachment 145448
Ok like I said wasn't sure if it was normal to not be wrapped. I emailed TP but last time I tried that I still haven't heard back in I think about 2 months now so I'll see if they actually respond this time😒

Ok like I said wasn't sure if it was normal to not be wrapped. I emailed TP but last time I tried that I still haven't heard back in I think about 2 months now so I'll see if they actually respond this time😒
It looks in fine condition to run indeed. Just clean and juice up the bearings. You confirmed there is no motor damage.

It looks in fine condition to run indeed. Just clean and juice up the bearings. You confirmed there is no motor damage.
So why would it continue to have the same issue as I said it did it again today same exact speed of 130??

No LVC, yet LVC behavior. So something is limiting either the on voltage or ampdraw.
The motor has no significant observable damage, so the noise is not caused physically within the motor. Still smart to try running with a different motor.

I still think the battery voltage dropped too hard. Your packs resistance might have gone up, lowering the amps they can deliver. I haven't heard it sound like this before though, I had longer and irregular intervals.

No LVC, yet LVC behavior. So something is limiting either the on voltage or ampdraw.
The motor has no significant observable damage, so the noise is not caused physically within the motor. Still smart to try running with a different motor.

I still think the battery voltage dropped too hard. Your packs resistance might have gone up, lowering the amps they can deliver. I haven't heard it sound like this before though, I had longer and irregular intervals.
It's odd it's right at full throttle too. I'm going to pull the perfect pass, I added a glitch buster and going to see if it happens again. I don't really have another motor of the same caliber to try, I've got the Spektrum 2050kv is about it

It's odd it's right at full throttle too. I'm going to pull the perfect pass, I added a glitch buster and going to see if it happens again. I don't really have another motor of the same caliber to try, I've got the Spektrum 2050kv is about it
Did you update the firmware on the ESC?
Almost seems like the RPM sync issues they noted on the 6 pole motors.

Doesn't need to be the same caliber motor to confirm your esc behaves normal at high rpm (even if it's on lower speed/gearing/ampdraw)
Did you update the firmware on the ESC?
Almost seems like the RPM sync issues they noted on the 6 pole motors.
True the sound and even the amp peaks on full power are too harmonious

Yes I updated firmware when it came out already. Going to see if it does it with the changes I made if so I'll try a different motor and see😔

Can you post up a log from before it had this issue so we can compare the raw data

Can you post up a log from before it had this issue so we can compare the raw data
Here is the pass at 138mph with no issue
IMG_20210513_161605815.jpg
and then this is today's that is almost identical to yesterday's with the same issue
IMG_20210513_161903273.jpg

What's really odd is why all of a sudden ripple went through the roof the last two passes?

It’s acting like your cap pack came unplugged.
the difference of 2000rpm in the first run should be the 8mph difference in speed. I don’t know other than address the cap pack and run it again but stay in it longer at full throttle and see if it can gain back that 2000rpm

I think I'm going to unsolder it and see if it helps. Just odd as I checked yesterday and touched up the solder in case it wasn't a good connection but again today did the same thing. I don't know if possibly it came undone under the cover of the caps cause solder to power wires is fine. Just sucks as I've only made 3 passes with the cap pack the first being the 138 which dropped ripple from over 3.0 to 1.26 and the last two passes has been right under or at 4.0 all of a sudden and now having the issue.

Here is the pass at 138mph with no issueView attachment 145496 and then this is today's that is almost identical to yesterday's with the same issue View attachment 145497
What's really odd is why all of a sudden ripple went through the roof the last two passes?

The LVC behavior and steep voltage drop I mentioned before were similarly present at your good run too, so that's not new. Ripple is the only big difference, next to your missing rpm's.

The LVC behavior and steep voltage drop I mentioned before were similarly present at your good run too, so that's not new. Ripple is the only big difference, next to your missing rpm's.
I know that's because the issue happens right as I hit full throttle so I let off immediately, where the 138 pass I stay on throttle for at least another 1-2 seconds. I'm going to pull the cap pack and see tomorrow if there's no change I don't know what to possibly address next besides trying a different motor? Just frustrating as there was no change at all from the 138 pass besides changing timing on the ESC.

There are only three reasons for having a higher ripple voltage, the batteries went bad, an increase of the length of the wires from the batteries to the ESC or the cap pack (and soldering) went bad. If you didn't increase the wire length and the batteries are ok then pull out the cap pack and check.

Back