Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0A9310FF-759C-42BA-92FF-D34D26727A02.png

80CE27B7-7E44-4C5D-8FE1-86E31C2AAA1C.png

Mojave 120mph.jpg

Last edited:
I hit a new PB of 87 mph today with an old Outcast running a Typhon body, and ended the run by clipping the grass and spinning about five times.
Congrats on the PB! Gotta bump those numbers up though, my 11yr old son has 4 MPH's on ya 😂

Congrats on the PB! Gotta bump those numbers up though, my 11yr old son has 4 MPH's on ya 😂
Haha. He probably has a few more years of experience driving RCs than I do. I bought my first hobby grade RC just over a year ago, and only recently decided to try an on road setup.

The 10/43 diffs in the outcast really hold it back from any kind of speed. The GoPro 7 I had mounted on the front didn’t help with aerodynamics either. I messed up, and bought a 40T spur for the center diff. I should have just went with a spool. I’m still not sure whether I want to continue changing this setup, or just pick up a limitless/infraction.

Is there any difference in the GSM020, it seems like there are several on Amazon (different prices) Which one is everyone using?

Haha. He probably has a few more years of experience driving RCs than I do. I bought my first hobby grade RC just over a year ago, and only recently decided to try an on road setup.

The 10/43 diffs in the outcast really hold it back from any kind of speed. The GoPro 7 I had mounted on the front didn’t help with aerodynamics either. I messed up, and bought a 40T spur for the center diff. I should have just went with a spool. I’m still not sure whether I want to continue changing this setup, or just pick up a limitless/infraction.
No he started maybe a year ago but has not driven a lot. He started with a WLtoys 144001 but had lots of breakage and then I turned it into a mini speed rig so he didn't drive it after that. This was only his second ever speed run his first he did 88mph on 4s 91 now first ever 6s pass but also on my pretty cherry Limitless setup which makes it a lot easier for him. I'd stay with the 40t and just gear up spool is only 6t less so to get same as the 34t spool figure gear up 6 teeth on the pinion 👍

There is only one SKU as far as i am aware of: SK-500023, so pick the cheapest and know thou speed
Just thought it was odd, Amazon has them made by so many different companies. SkyRc, Power Hobby, Coolrc, Nbepoch, etc…..🤷🏻‍♂️

Just thought it was odd, Amazon has them made by so many different companies. SkyRc, Power Hobby, Coolrc, Nbepoch, etc…..🤷🏻‍♂️
Vendors branding it as their own, in the end it's all the skyrc make. Power hobby has their own version of the app though. It has an extra start screen that says powerhobby, rest is all the same and will work with all 020's if you like the extra start screen added to the app

This is my best of 87 from a couple of days ago.

Thanks; when I asked I should have realized that the list caps at 93mph right now. I can only export the top 60 spots on the forum, and as people share new runs the max speed required to get on the list slowly goes up. Use it as motivation to keep pushing; you're close!

Thanks; when I asked I should have realized that the list caps at 93mph right now. I can only export the top 60 spots on the forum, and as people share new runs the max speed required to get on the list slowly goes up. Use it as motivation to keep pushing; you're close!
Thanks! I am already running the largest pinion that will fit my motor mount, so I think I will need a spool to break 93 mph. I’m pretty tempted to just buy a limitless since I have a spektrum 160A and 1250kv I could throw in, and I don’t want to spend much more on my used Outcast that appears to be from 2016.

We finally have our very own speedrun section so,
Let’s see ‘um

Post up your daily MPH and/or new PB numbers here.
I finally made it to the 150 mph club today. I had to wait an hour for the road to dry up but it was a great run. With the new body color I can see it better and go further,and I made a wing that is working out well. I told myself when I hit this speed I'm putting this car away for a month to concentrate on my 1/8 scale limitless and stretched typhon and see what I can get
We finally have our very own speedrun section so,
Let’s see ‘um

Post up your daily MPH and/or new PB numbers here.

Screenshot_20210717-113127_GNSS PA.jpg

20210716_101605.jpg

I finally made it to the 150 mph club today. I had to wait an hour for the road to dry up but it was a great run. With the new body color I can see it better and go further,and I made a wing that is working out well. I told myself when I hit this speed I'm putting this car away for a month to concentrate on my 1/8 scale limitless and stretched typhon and see what I can get

View attachment 158600

View attachment 158601
Badass bro! Congrats! You happen to get it on video for verification?

No video, need to get a go pro
Damn was hoping to see that pass, I used my phone for a long time on a hat mount and worked good. I just used a like dashboard clip mount or one of the little tripod phone holders attached to my hat and worked fine.

Back