Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn was hoping to see that pass, I used my phone for a long time on a hat mount and worked good. I just used a like dashboard clip mount or one of the little tripod phone holders attached to my hat and worked fine.
I had it mounted to my controller at one time,but phone is too big with the booster and batt on it.

I had it mounted to my controller at one time,but phone is too big with the booster and batt on it.
Going to see what I can get on these 2. The fastest on the buggy was 125 mph on 6s, and the fastest on the 1/8 scale limitless was 139 mph on 8s, so we will see what I can do.

20210717_171858.jpg

Got some great results on the XLX2 maiden passes today. Was hoping right about 110+/- a couple and did just that at 112mph👌 have to adjust break setting as she slid at the big end a little and then went off the road starting to turn around🤦 so made an official second pass as I couldn't drive it back to me on the first due to being off the shoulder but pulled the same 112mph so all good.
Screenshot_20210718-101442.png
Screenshot_20210718-101947.png

Got some great results on the XLX2 maiden passes today. Was hoping right about 110+/- a couple and did just that at 112mph👌 have to adjust break setting as she slid at the big end a little and then went off the road starting to turn around🤦 so made an official second pass as I couldn't drive it back to me on the first due to being off the shoulder but pulled the same 112mph so all good.View attachment 158887View attachment 158886
Dang I was off by 6 🤣🤘🏻

Got some great results on the XLX2 maiden passes today. Was hoping right about 110+/- a couple and did just that at 112mph👌 have to adjust break setting as she slid at the big end a little and then went off the road starting to turn around🤦 so made an official second pass as I couldn't drive it back to me on the first due to being off the shoulder but pulled the same 112mph so all good.View attachment 158887View attachment 158886
Good pass,what motor are you running

I managed a whopping 93mph today before the rear output cup on my spool let loose. ??‍♂️

View attachment 86771

Unofficial PB on this Typhon 6S is 117mph on 8S. It’s not official because I had to steer it into the ditch when the spur came loose last run. If you can’t drive it back it don’t count.

My overall PB is in the Typhon 3S at 130mph on 8S which shredded a rear diff at the end of the pass on the big end. Was able to drive it back with FWD so I count it ???‍♂️

Just fixed her up tonight and hope weather permits an 8S pass again tomorrow.

View attachment 86772
What heatsink and fans are those?

Dope, I just bought some AVC 4028 12V 1A DBTB0428B2G fans and I'm looking for a good heatsink to mount them on. Are you using a heat sink or just air blowing on the motor?[/MEDIA]
Just air blowing over the can. I actually have changed my setup now. I just have fans sitting beside the motors blowing without and sort of mount on the can. I usually just zip tie the fans in place a distance from the motor. Allowing the fans to have space away from the motor allows them to blow harder. Less static pressure.

Just air blowing over the can. I actually have changed my setup now. I just have fans sitting beside the motors blowing without and sort of mount on the can. I usually just zip tie the fans in place a distance from the motor. Allowing the fans to have space away from the motor allows them to blow harder. Less static pressure.
Nice, I'm trying to decide if using a heat sink or if just a fan on can is better.

Hello everyone I hit my new PB of 130 with my limitless on 8s with the white hoons I need to get some better tires before I attempt any higher speeds MMX8S And 1717 1650kv previous PB was 109 on 6s with a hobbystar 1480kv

79BFB88D-5D9A-4A0F-A31A-455453E19F43.jpeg

BFFFBEF0-2FED-47AD-8168-1D9EB1E871FC.png

Hello everyone I hit my new PB of 130 with my limitless on 8s with the white hoons I need to get some better tires before I attempt any higher speeds MMX8S And 1717 1650kv previous PB was 109 on 6s with a hobbystar 1480kv

View attachment 158997

View attachment 158998
Heck yeah 🤘🏻 That’s fast as hell on Hoons. Look into some foams. They hold up way better and grip way more than I would have thought. Way better than Hoons anyways.

Back