Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck yeah 🤘🏻 That’s fast as hell on Hoons. Look into some foams. They hold up way better and grip way more than I would have thought. Way better than Hoons anyways.
Thank you and I will be ordering some foams and grp tires also about to start working on my drag build today after work.

Backed up my manual pull 131mph pass yesterday with a Flysky Noble NB4 CH Speed 7.0s pull and here are the results to compare:

Mojave EXB 131mph Manual Pull.jpg

Mojave EXB 131mph.jpg

Way cleaner pull, but same exact result, 131mph. 🤷‍♂️🤘😜

Other then the smooth graph, lower voltage sag and ampdraw are quite noticeable. Then again whiles there still is some room for gearing up, your manual skill is good enough to match the speed

400rpm difference should account for more than a mile with that gearing&1/5 rollout. Yet another proof imho that the rpm logging isnt that accurate.

Other then the smooth graph, lower voltage sag and ampdraw are quite noticeable. Then again whiles there still is some room for gearing up, your manual skill is good enough to match the speed

400rpm difference should account for more than a mile with that gearing&1/5 rollout. Yet another proof imho that the rpm logging isnt that accurate.
One other thing I wanted to mention is it would be nice if Flysky had a sub-model setup option for us speed runners. I would love to have a "Down and Back" profile and a "Speed Run" profile. For example:

D&B: Steering Rate 100%, CH Speed Throttle 0.0s
SP: Steering Rate 25%, CH Speed Throttle 7.0s

If we could have a toggle button between the two, that would be awesome. You could also change any of the settings in the radio to tune it just the way you like. Similar to how you can do multiple models, you could just have a sub model setup too.

The reason for this is when using the CH Speed feature, it is hard to get your car to turn around at both ends of your run. The reverse throttle is unaffected, but forward throttle is very difficult when trying to use small inputs.

Also, I prefer to have my steering rate at around 25% to prevent major inputs during a pass when my adrenaline is running maximum strength. I have tried my best to modulate my input, but nature takes the wheel. 😜

The reason for this is when using the CH Speed feature, it is hard to get your car to turn around at both ends of your run. The reverse throttle is unaffected, but forward throttle is very difficult when trying to use small inputs.

Simple solution.... Drive backwards back to you :ROFLMAO:

One other thing I wanted to mention is it would be nice if Flysky had a sub-model setup option for us speed runners. I would love to have a "Down and Back" profile and a "Speed Run" profile. For example:

D&B: Steering Rate 100%, CH Speed Throttle 0.0s
SP: Steering Rate 25%, CH Speed Throttle 7.0s

If we could have a toggle button between the two, that would be awesome. You could also change any of the settings in the radio to tune it just the way you like. Similar to how you can do multiple models, you could just have a sub model setup too.

Also, I prefer to have my steering rate at around 25% to prevent major inputs during a pass when my adrenaline is running maximum strength. I have tried my best to modulate my input, but nature takes the wheel. 😜
Yeah i totally agree. I made the case before somewhere as well. So often turning around gets you stuck of the road, which is always at the furtest point possible away from where you are. So anoying...

Maybe make a new thread dedicated to flysky feature requests and all of us can mailbomb flysky with the link.Who knows maybe they listen to their customers 😇

Yeah i totally agree. I made the case before somewhere as well. So often turning around gets you stuck of the road, which is always at the furtest point possible away from where you are. So anoying...

Maybe make a new thread dedicated to flysky feature requests and all of us can mailbomb flysky with the link.Who knows maybe they listen to their customers 😇
I sent them an email for the feature request.

Got my new Gensss Ace 6800/120c/22.2v batteries in. Did a quick hit last night with 34/34 gearing and barely got up to speed. 109 mph and melted solder in a different stock 2050kv motor once again. Motor is repaired and ready for some real passes soon.
20210721_205643-01.jpeg
20210721_205707-01.jpeg

Got the new stretched Typhon setup out for some shakedown passes to make adjustments etc. Unfortunately had range and lag issues with the V1 RC6GS so was only able to make a couple decent pulls best at 91mph. Just running 4s so not bad at all but think the Rx/tx issues definitely held it back besides trim issues. Going to try a different reciever and see if any improvement otherwise think I'll just pick up a v2 reciever and add it to my v2 transmitter. Really happy though as new TP 2620kv ran nice and cool even after a good 40mins of light running and two decent pulls temp topped at 122°.
Screenshot_20210730-130046.png

More test passes Typhon 6s stretched. Was hoping my Sky RC gsm020 was going to be delivered today, but I guess when you save a few bucks on fleaBay, shipping takes forever!🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, results!😎

Typhon (Stretched)
6s (2 x 3s 5200mAh CNHL)

1st pass - 100mph
2nd pass - 105mph
3rd pass - 107mph
4th pass - 107mph (new PB)

F20CB690-13E9-4955-8984-0743B5106E7A.jpeg

EDD460E2-1FB0-43FD-AB93-66F4745A1219.jpeg

F041207F-7297-40A5-916F-793675FC0EE6.jpeg

710AB7A6-AD09-4266-9401-FBD4A763E98A.jpeg

56BFC05B-12F0-4A7C-AF06-356D214031D2.jpeg

BADCD019-6E58-43ED-AE13-17EA8803E3F9.jpeg

More test passes Typhon 6s stretched. Was hoping my Sky RC gsm020 was going to be delivered today, but I guess when you save a few bucks on fleaBay, shipping takes forever!🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, results!😎

Typhon (Stretched)
6s (2 x 3s 5200mAh CNHL)

1st pass - 100mph
2nd pass - 105mph
3rd pass - 107mph

View attachment 161165

View attachment 161166

View attachment 161168

View attachment 161169

View attachment 161170

View attachment 161172
Nice! Congrats on the PB!

Anyway, results!😎

Typhon (Stretched)
6s (2 x 3s 5200mAh CNHL)

1st pass - 100mph
2nd pass - 105mph
3rd pass - 107mph

View attachment 161165

View attachment 161166

View attachment 161168

View attachment 161169

View attachment 161170