Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed a whopping 93mph today before the rear output cup on my spool let loose. ??‍♂️

70FE8479-E7AC-4CF4-9BA9-E7D0F858C758.jpeg

Unofficial PB on this Typhon 6S is 117mph on 8S. It’s not official because I had to steer it into the ditch when the spur came loose last run. If you can’t drive it back it don’t count.

My overall PB is in the Typhon 3S at 130mph on 8S which shredded a rear diff at the end of the pass on the big end. Was able to drive it back with FWD so I count it ???‍♂️

Just fixed her up tonight and hope weather permits an 8S pass again tomorrow.

071A332A-BF39-465F-9562-57BA02FC4921.jpeg

I managed a whopping 93mph today before the rear output cup on my spool let loose. ??‍♂️

View attachment 86771

Unofficial PB on this Typhon 6S is 117mph on 8S. It’s not official because I had to steer it into the ditch when the spur came loose last run. If you can’t drive it back it don’t count.

My overall PB is in the Typhon 3S at 130mph on 8S which shredded a rear diff at the end of the pass on the big end. Was able to drive it back with FWD so I count it ???‍♂️

Just fixed her up tonight and hope weather permits an 8S pass again tomorrow.

View attachment 86772
That thing is fast as fuk boi ??

Tried my Typhon 6s as a buggy over the weekend and only managed 106 MPH on 6s. Sort of disappointed in the result. I believe it was over geared, so I'll reduce the gearing and try again.

When setup as a full bodied car 119mph is my current best speed on 8s. It was accelerating like crazy and I got on the brakes early. Anxious to get it back out and try again on this gearing.

This is the dumbest rule. Who really cares? A fast pass is a fast pass whether you drive it back or crash it.
Rules setup by the world wide GPS league on FB. Also similar rules for ROSSA http://www.rossa.org.uk/

I agree its silly but it is what it is...

Well, I'm just saying, but if I go 110mph in a car, and run it into a telephone pole, my story is gonna be just that. I'm mot gonna say I hit a pole going really fast, but i can't say cause I crashed. It ruins the justification of hitting the pole...lol
Damn mailboxes, I hate it when they jump out infront of me.

Did you find LEGO mans hat that blew off ?
I had to use the GoPro footage to narrow the search, but it was returned to his little yellow head?

Didn’t get the car back together in time to make a pass this evening but I’m trying to beat my PB next time out of 116mph on 30/39 gearing 6s

This was on Sunday morning a week ago
7C9DA33C-BBE3-4BEA-BCC5-DE42D26B6912.jpeg

7CBF203C-8F40-4CB1-9422-713360E6E4EB.png

Took the Hoons off and swapped over to a set of precision balanced GRPs. New gearing is 28/34 along with a more areo friendly wing that I just finished up today.
Hopefully on the next pass she’ll see low 120’s (tomorrow, weather permitting)
C6931EDE-E909-44D7-B9E8-73F44F0B3AD5.jpeg

Back