Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice runs.
If I may lend some advice. Try to get up more speed before the car passes you. This may mean starting the run further back or just getting on the throttle more aggressively. You want to be able to hold full throttle for a solid 3+ seconds and you will see a higher max speed (y)

FYI that 2050kv motor loves 8s ;)
Awesome I appreciate the tips and help @LibertyMKiii!!! Ya I need some 4s batteries but no income currently so be a bit before 8s passes.

@LibertyMKiii man thanks for the suggestion!!! Went out and was more aggressive to start as you suggested got a good 3 second wot and jumped up 4mph more to a new PB of 112mph!!! Huge thank you to everyone for all the help and suggestions!!! Can't believe in a months time I've went from a 64mph PB to 112mph!!!!
Screenshot_20210223-131000.png

Yesterday's 112mph new PB run. Videos edited funny as I also did a CNHL vs Youme pack test and didn't want to give anything away in this video, you'll notice I go from reading GNSS to walking back to my car lol. Went off the road turning around after another pass.

Made it to 78 mph - 3s to 6s conversion. Stock 3s difs, shafts, slipper, spur etc. 2050 kv motor with 26t pinion. All Arrma💪💪
20210227_171929-01.jpeg

Was 6s using Arrma BLX 185 esc and 2050kv motor. Slipper is almost full tight. Lots of good passes without any issues. Pinion came loose at the end, but otherwise, no issues
I was getting 71-73 with grps,looks like your running 107 hoons.now its decision time.higher kv or custom work

I was getting 71-73 with grps,looks like your running 107 hoons.now its decision time.higher kv or custom work

Seems abt right @Notorious J
View attachment 129116
Here is my gearing and top speed. I have done 106mph unofficially.
View attachment 129117
Hoons definitely help. Not sure I want to mod the T3 too much. If there is a smaller spur, and I'm not sure there is, then I would have to buy an adjustable motor mount. Mine is the old style 3s one with the drilled out holes for specific pinions. Love watching it fly by though. Sings a totally different song than the T6. Hopefully with a good tail wind, I can squeak out 80 mph and leave it at that.

Hoons definitely help. Not sure I want to mod the T3 too much. If there is a smaller spur, and I'm not sure there is, then I would have to buy an adjustable motor mount. Mine is the old style 3s one with the drilled out holes for specific pinions. Love watching it fly by though. Sings a totally different song than the T6. Hopefully with a good tail wind, I can squeak out 80 mph and leave it at that.
You will definitely get 80 out of it.

Consistently pulling 110-111mph on the current gearing. Went out twice today first time out did 109 consistent, can't remember if I recalibrated the throttle after binding the new RC6GS V2 so came home recalibrated and charged pack back up. Second time out did 111mph consistent on 2 passes then 110mph third pass but she ran straight as an arrow finally!! Going to make some gearing changes and next time out hope for 115-120mph🤞
IMG_20210307_151113_827.jpg

Well looks like I have to pull up my big girl panties and go big. Had a feeling the 30t pinion would be close with the 29t spool in the stock mount and damn it sure enough mesh is just a bit too loose. Looks like a big jump for me now to 32t pinion and 29t spur should be interesting 😱 thinking 120+ but we shall see🤷
IMG_20210307_161551592.jpg

Also added some tubing to the rear diff cups and rear center driveshaft as they had quite a bit of play so should eliminate all that extra vibration 👍

Last edited:
I made 2 passes mid day today and it wasn’t happy with the road and the changes I made.
Ran 113 on an aborted run due to it getting out of shape on the big end about a second into full throttle and then followed up for a second pass with another 113 but was bouncing on the surface and fluttering the rpm up top trying to maintain traction. Both passes were pretty sketchy. Called it quits after run 2 and made some changes to go back out in an hour to my normal spot and try again. Not ready to give up for the day.

vid of 2nd pass
@Mr.Duke - What ESC were you running the MMX8s or MMX6s?

So recently got a 1/10 Tamiya TT01 Mustang SVT from @twicks0831 and decided to do a brushless conversion with a BLX100 and a 9t 540 brushless motor from @Kusher. Got the conversion all done this morning and had to go see what it would do. Super windy so wasn't ideal conditions, even got blown over once but cars all good, anyways 50mph on 3s in that light little rocket 🚀
IMG_20210312_185330206.jpg
IMG_20210314_102208854.jpg

1615764778144.jpg

Well was a soso day for speed runs today. Not very much luck keeping the TT01 on it's wheels so best I could pull was 46mph on 3s and lots of tumbles down the pavement.
Screenshot_20210316-115022.png
Typhon GT didn't want to run straight but still pulled a new PB of 114mph but she's got lots more in her. @The Donut Man need my PB adjusted please Sir.
Screenshot_20210316-114558.png

Back