Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ran 106 and 110mph.go pro on back of car..apparently camera not aerodynamic enough to get pb??????????????????,,thoughts????

View attachment 136326
It blocks the function of your spoiler and it ruins the Cd (drag coefficient) and Af (Front area) all with all demanding more amps to get up the same speed as without.

Putting the gopro at the front bumper will still effect the Cd, but Af and you spoiler downforce will not be effected. putting the gopro in some more aerodynamic shape will reduce the bad Cd effect some

I'm buying a chassis to stretch my typhon 6s BUT what chassis? And does it have to be a 6s chassis?
Yes it needs to be a 6s chassis.
The common ones are Kraton or Mojave. You will need to get the center dog bones from that chassis.

I'm buying a chassis to stretch my typhon 6s BUT what chassis? And does it have to be a 6s chassis?

Yes it needs to be a 6s chassis.
The common ones are Kraton or Mojave. You will need to get the center dog bones from that chassis.
And the rear chassis brace if you choose to run with one.

1617392796214.png

No PB or anything, just running some tests with locked diffs and general stability tweaks. Pulled a decent 201kph/124mph

1617393141178.png

Lowered my gear ratio to actually reach 100% power out on my 450m road. Disregarding that the Vdrop and ripple are a bit high on this set of batteries, I still think my ampdraw is still ridiculously high for this speed. I fear my bearings have seen their best days and are up to replacement.

View attachment 136659

No PB or anything, just running some tests with locked diffs and general stability tweaks. Pulled a decent 201kph/124mph

View attachment 136661
Lowered my gear ratio to actually reach 100% power out on my 450m road. Disregarding that the Vdrop and ripple are a bit high on this set of batteries, I still think my ampdraw is still ridiculously high for this speed. I fear my bearings have seen their best days and are up to replacement.
Mph!?!?!?

Well definitely some redemption today for the catastrophe with the driveshaft and motor incident. New PB today of 117mph on 6s running the Spektrum 2050kv 27/34 gearing and new GP5 diffs!!! The GP5 diffs definitely make a huge difference!!! @The Donut Man
IMG_20210403_113208421.jpg

Finally got into castle link,radiolink reciever quit on me so been waiting on new one.went throu programming,made some changes an had to give it a try.threw dumbo reciever in an took it easy 2 passes 97 & 100mph .heres 1st log,any advice appreciated,3.54 on max sag!!

20210403_171431.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-165629_GNSS PA.jpg

16174890953175499709823901219381.jpg

Finally got into castle link,radiolink reciever quit on me so been waiting on new one.went throu programming,made some changes an had to give it a try.threw dumbo reciever in an took it easy 2 passes 97 & 100mph .heres 1st log,any advice appreciated,3.54 on max sag!!

View attachment 136945

To properly study a datalog, zoom in by scrolling on a single specific run. Min/Max is about what's displayed. If you drain you battery to the lowest drop, that's what Vmin wil say. It's more important what the figures are in a specific run. Just follow the rpm line and capture 0 to 0.

1617490465918.png

Lots to see, comparing runs when you made changes can tell you plenty. General Current draw, max rpm, battery sag, ripple, temp(s)

Max rpm / V@max rpm vs motor KV and max rpm/amp vs previous run will give you indication of efficiency.
And you can learn a lot about your trigger finger as well. Like if you have a nice constant rpm increase. Amp bump ups are inevitable, but when too steep, that would indicate you should go easier on the throttle next time.

My day didn't go as planned. Pretty sure my MM2 is toast. No idea why. I'll check with Castle. Threw in a BLX 185 just to keep running and pretty sure that's fried too. Top it all off, tried to do a 40 mph run to see how I compared to @K-BASH and @jondilly1974 and smacked a curb. Easy fix but just added insult to injury.

My day didn't go as planned. Pretty sure my MM2 is toast. No idea why. I'll check with Castle. Threw in a BLX 185 just to keep running and pretty sure that's fried too. Top it all off, tried to do a 40 mph run to see how I compared to @K-BASH and @jondilly1974 and smacked a curb. Easy fix but just added insult to injury.
Sounds like the way my MM2 went out too. 🥺
all goood,an then.do you run drag break??thats 1 hell of badazz setup...amazed at all the braking options in castle link.i did 60%braking an 30% drag.seamed good in short test
I had it set for 20% drag brake

A0523B2F-BBDF-4173-8615-1EC918A65CAF.png

110mph! 1st time out running, Limitless (open wheel) with a max6 1650 combo. Spent about an hour refining toe, camber, shocks, etc. and took it out. Consistent 90mph runs on 6S, put 8S in and pushed 99-100mph easily and consistently, finally went for one big one and broke past my goal for today of 100mph straight to 110mph!

Screenshot_20210404-161634.png

Back