Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on 120's!!
Thank you!!!! Absolutely stoked I'm in the 120s on 6s and motor didn't even get to run good hard passes today. Lol the first pass was 120 and I pulled off early as I was swerving, I though eh maybe 110 and nope was 120🤯

Finally got my new reciever, moved some things around in the chassis (reciever box behind batt tray)gonna run small hump pack for 2×40mm on motor.raised body just enough for 2×4s packs.im off work tomorrow so I think its bout time to cut her loose.gonna try a 7s run an if all good,full send on 8s.super windy just did a couple 6s passes..103 & 104mph..still running strait and fast after adjustments. With 30/40 gearing I set drag brake at 30% an some ramp up..can't remember what its called.but its perfect for this setup.i just lift an typhon gos 100-0 real quick on its own.nothing worse than getting on breaks to hard an crashing after a clean pass.ill share settings later when I get into cc link.

1617837519406578970569799773582.jpg

Screenshot_20210407-173628_GNSS PA.jpg

Finally got my new reciever, moved some things around in the chassis (reciever box behind batt tray)gonna run small hump pack for 2×40mm on motor.raised body just enough for 2×4s packs.im off work tomorrow so I think its bout time to cut her loose.gonna try a 7s run an if all good,full send on 8s.super windy just did a couple 6s passes..103 & 104mph..still running strait and fast after adjustments. With 30/40 gearing I set drag brake at 30% an some ramp up..can't remember what its called.but its perfect for this setup.i just lift an typhon gos 100-0 real quick on its own.nothing worse than getting on breaks to hard an crashing after a clean pass.ill share settings later when I get into cc link.

View attachment 138051

View attachment 138052
Totally wrong on settings.loving the programming options on castle

20210407_201334.jpg

@Notorious J you should try these brake settings on typhon when ya get it going again.takes all the stress outa slowing down at end of run..with those tall geared diffs it would probly be 20% more on braking & drag...when ya get it right its great..check out these brand new grp..wheel looks like it's cracked throu to hex...think i should run it??????

16179047313807014158258246651416.jpg

16179047898558134990569050458571.jpg

@Notorious J you should try these brake settings on typhon when ya get it going again.takes all the stress outa slowing down at end of run..with those tall geared diffs it would probly be 20% more on braking & drag...when ya get it right its great..check out these brand new grp..wheel looks like it's cracked throu to hex...think i should run it??????

View attachment 138236

View attachment 138237
Nope, if you run it once, there is no warranty. Get a replacement now!

Just ripped off a 126mph pb!!!!!!! Car went strait an perfect.haven't seen footage yet,but it sounds like it cuts out on the high side ,hopefully I got good footage will post soon.this is with a center diff 30/40 🤣😂🤣😂

View attachment 138274
Congrats! That's on 8s though? Seems a short run also at only 2600ft, is that bringing it back to you or just going to start point and stopping after run? If that's back to you also there's a lot more in there I run about 4000ft passes from me to start, make pass, and then back to me.

Last edited:
Congrats! That's on 8s though? Seems a short run also at only 2600ft, is that bringing it back to you or just going to start point and stopping after run? If that's back to you also there's a lot more in there I run about 4000ft passes from me to start, make pass, and then back to me.
Its a typical run.ive been doing um 1 min up the street.get in an get out type thing.30 ++min drive to find anything close to what you have.been ran off by law once already.still searching for prime spot.still building up confidence to stay in it longer,ill get there.baby steps are better than no steps.didnt get video,may do 1 more before dark,try video again.think I can get 130mph.

Just ripped off a 126mph pb!!!!!!! Car went strait an perfect.haven't seen footage yet,but it sounds like it cuts out on the high side ,hopefully I got good footage will post soon.this is with a center diff 30/40 🤣😂🤣😂

View attachment 138274
As @Edough13 said above, that is a short run for 120mph+ and probably why it cut out. Let her stretch her legs a little more and you will increase your PB and less cut outs.

As @Edough13 said above, that is a short run for 120mph+ and probably why it cut out. Let her stretch her legs a little more and you will increase your PB and less cut outs.
Appreciate the addice.ok ill try an go further down road an more steady throttle,stretch run out a bit👍

Packs charging getting ready to head out for some more passes with the Limitless today. Think I'm going to start and do some 4s passes, one I've never ran a 4s pass in the Lim and two will allow me to get it all straightened up before some 120mph+ 6s passes so I'm not wasting my 6s pack on steering adjustments and wasted passes👍 Wish me luck fellas hoping to match or pass my overall PB of 125mph on 8s today running 6s🤞

Ok well didn't quite make the 125 goal but pulled another PB of 123mph on 6s with the Limitless. But super proud and absolutely ecstatic, I let my 11yr old son run the Limitless for his first ever speed run today and he pulled his first ever PB of 88mph on 4s😍😁 Was also awesome had a few people stop today and even got one guy and his daughter ask to watch a pass so made a 122mph pass for them it was awesome, he even recorded it😁 @The Donut Man that's 123mph now on 6s and if you want to add Mr. Xavier's 88mph 4s pass he would be ecstatic!!
Screenshot_20210409-112856.png
GOPR0058_1617996582933.JPG

Ok well didn't quite make the 125 goal but pulled another PB of 123mph on 6s with the Limitless. But super proud and absolutely ecstatic, I let my 11yr old son run the Limitless for his first ever speed run today and he pulled his first ever PB of 88mph on 4s😍😁 Was also awesome had a few people stop today and even got one guy and his daughter ask to watch a pass so made a 122mph pass for them it was awesome, he even recorded it😁 @The Donut Man that's 123mph now on 6s and if you want to add Mr. Xavier's 88mph 4s pass he would be ecstatic!! View attachment 138500View attachment 138502
I need the wind to stop blowing or else you’re going to pass me by 😜🤘🏻

Congrats on the PB

Back