Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is called learning on the job. You are gaining knowledge as you go. Embrace it. You’ll will get to your goals as soon as you are able to. Just keep trying. 👍🏻
For sure and like I said besides no gain I can't complain a bit. Last 6 passes have been 4 at 123 and 2 at 122 and I'm absolutely loving that in how consistent the Limitless has been for me. Castle just needs to get the app updated to be able to pull logs with the B-link. That is what sucks for me not having the ability to pull logs unless I have my mom's computer and I'm lucky to see her once a week maybe once every other week.

For sure and like I said besides no gain I can't complain a bit. Last 6 passes have been 4 at 123 and 2 at 122 and I'm absolutely loving that in how consistent the Limitless has been for me. Castle just needs to get the app updated to be able to pull logs with the B-link. That is what sucks for me not having the ability to pull logs unless I have my mom's computer and I'm lucky to see her once a week maybe once every other week.
Yeah that would be nice!

#1 thought I have is did you reach 100% throttle or is the perfect pass impeding that?
I agree with @rotauq that if the amps went up and the car went the same or slower then you likely reach a peak / amperage saturation for that motor on that voltage level.

Yeah that would be nice!

#1 thought I have is did you reach 100% throttle or is the perfect pass impeding that?
I agree with @rotauq that if the amps went up and the car went the same or slower then you likely reach a peak / amperage saturation for that motor on that voltage level.
Right that was a thought I had also and again until I can pull logs I have no idea of knowing. Should see my Mom tomorrow and be able to pull logs to see if there's anything that stands out hopefully. Was hoping to push 130 on 6s before going to 8s but might just have to make the switch sooner than planned.

OMG look at this forecast for Sunday morning 😘

E7412F09-131A-4AA1-AA56-F540D78D3E65.jpeg

I wish i could light up some leds on the spoiler when 98+% power out has been reached.

Too bad the aux wire only does inputs and not outputs :cry:
I had 2 thoughts. Since you are good with electronics you could go with 2 options via a micro-controller.
1. Would be to monitor throttle input signal via the RX to esc signal wire. When greater than "x" value lights on.
2. Monitor voltage at the ESC and when it dips below "x" voltage (voltage sag value common in your logs) then turn lights on with delay for 7 seconds (because the voltage would creep back up)

Last edited:
I had 2 thoughts. Since you are good with electronics you could go with 2 options via a micro-controller.
1. Would be to monitor throttle input signal via the RX to esc signal wire. When greater than "x" value lights on.
2. Monitor voltage at the ESC and when they dip below "x" voltage (voltage sag value common in your logs) then turn lights on with delay for 7 seconds (since the voltage would creep back up)
You actually triggered some idea's, I'll give it some more thought this evening. Thx!

Ok so still have to pull logs here in about a half hour and see but pretty sure I figured out the issue. I miss read on setting the perfect pass so instead of hardly any delay I in fact had it at almost maximum delay so I can almost guarantee with a 8-9 second delay I'm not getting to 100% throttle. I mean I get a good 5 second full pull but that's still not 8-9 seconds so fingers crossed that is my issue and I'm not tapped out for 6s just yet🤞

Ok so still have to pull logs here in about a half hour and see but pretty sure I figured out the issue. I miss read on setting the perfect pass so instead of hardly any delay I in fact had it at almost maximum delay so I can almost guarantee with a 8-9 second delay I'm not getting to 100% throttle. I mean I get a good 5 second full pull but that's still not 8-9 seconds so fingers crossed that is my issue and I'm not tapped out for 6s just yet🤞
Well nope I was wrong unfortunately.... Looks like I'm tapped out on 6s damn it!! Looks like 8s from now on.... Here's log from pass #2 at 123 mph. Getting huge voltage drop now pass 1 was a 6v drop from 24.7 to 18.5 and now also ripple is over 10% at 2.63v and Amps are now about 330-350 DAMN IT!!! Could my pack be going on me, or is it just that I'm tapped out for the voltage?
IMG_20210416_102122570.jpg

Well nope I was wrong unfortunately.... Looks like I'm tapped out on 6s damn it!! Looks like 8s from now on.... Here's log from pass #2 at 123 mph. Getting huge voltage drop now pass 1 was a 6v drop from 24.7 to 18.5 and now also ripple is over 10% at 2.63v and Amps are now about 330-350 DAMN IT!!! Could my pack be going on me, or is it just that I'm tapped out for the voltage?

Bummer, might be worth going up one more tooth to make sure... At peak RPM it is only around 260 amps and I'd think that motor isn't saturated just yet....
Which motor and KV is it?

Bummer, might be worth going up one more tooth to make sure... At peak RPM it is only around 260 amps and I'd think that motor isn't saturated just yet....
Which motor and KV is it?
It's the TP 2080kv 4060-cm. I'll try one more pass and go up a couple teeth as I don't have a 32t just a 33t. Just sucks really wanted to do 130mph on 6s 😢

Last edited:
It's the TP 2080kv 4060-cm. I'll try one more pass and go up a couple teeth as I don't have a 32t just a 33t. Just sucks really wanted to do 130mph on 6s 😢
Looks like that 33T will get you darn close to your goal if the batteries hold up to the load.

Looks like that 33T will get you darn close to your goal if the batteries hold up to the load.
🤞 I'll see hopefully Sunday morning got wind today and tomorrow. Thanks as always for all your help @LibertyMKiii!!!

Going for PB,SMOKED MY TP4050-2100KV. puff of smoke an rotor locked up.shoulda let it cool down bit longer.time for bigger an better motor I guess..got big plans in the works for big power soooon.

View attachment 140131
That sucks bro! Definitely can't be hot lappin as you found out the hard way. What you thinking for the next victim😂

Going for PB,SMOKED MY TP4050-2100KV. puff of smoke an rotor locked up.shoulda let it cool down bit longer.time for bigger an better motor I guess..got big plans in the works for big power soooon.

View attachment 140131

Sad to hear your motor went up in smoke :( Still 128mph on a 4050 ("4082"), is very good achievement. None of the non-TP motors that size i've done speedruns with made it past 124mph before they fried. It's a non CM 3Y version, right?

I did some benchmark runs with my TP 4060 - 1750kv - 3Y today on conservative gearing (110mph), I was already happy with the rather low ampdraw. Seeing your result it seems to have plenty of room for more gearing.

That sucks bro! Definitely can't be hot lappin as you found out the hard way. What you thinking for the next victim😂
Lmao my whole life ive learned the hard way with everything.my whole life ive worked on having better patience,still working on it....
Next victim will be 4070-2700kv cm a 10 second-75,000rpm motor. See how it can handle 7 an maybe 8s.suppose to sell 1 of my 1/10 today.if happens im buying a xlx2...that be my next system.think till then I'm gonna throw my reg.4060-1650kv in there..just don't have gears for pb..just ordered 29t spur maybe try some 1 to 1 with it
Sad to hear your motor went up in smoke :( Still 128mph on a 4050 ("4082"), is very good achievement. None of the non-TP motors that size i've done speedruns with made it past 124mph before they fried. It's a non CM 3Y version, right?

I did some benchmark runs with my TP 4060 - 1750kv - 3Y today on conservative gearing (110mph), I was already happy with the rather low ampdraw. Seeing your result it seems to have plenty of room for more gearing.
Yes tp4050-2100kv 3y....its been great motor.probly get another one.for now I'm gonna put this 4060-1650kv delta motor in typhon..I can't tell any difference in a y an d motor .I've read they have a different powerband.ill be posting damage when I take it apart later..

Attachments

• 16186144975548233546962966541872.jpg
    16186144975548233546962966541872.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Might have a hard time getting back close to the 130 with the 1650. But then again the lower kv is higher torque for higher gearing I'd think. I'm running the 4060-cm 2080kv and I think I'm about tapped on 6s at 123mph. I'm going to run Sunday if it's not windy with going up a few teeth and see if I gain any speed, if not I'm tapped for 6s so be going to 8s next. FYI 123 is with 31/34 gearing so going to 34/34 as I thought I had a 33t pinion but it was a 34 so see if I have gain or if I'm done on 6s. Also not sure there's a mount that will allow 29/29 as stock mount has to be total teeth count of 60 minimum same with the PPS mount actually think @jondilly1974 said he had to run it at 62t minimum as it would mesh tight enough lower than that.

Back