Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed, he!! yeah! First real decent speed run with the new Sweep Foams and I hear a funny sound as it's going by me at around 90 mph. Bring it back and this is what I see. So pissed right now.
20211022_154459.jpg
20211022_154838.jpg

Disappointed, he!! yeah! First real decent speed run with the new Sweep Foams and I hear a funny sound as it's going by me at around 90 mph. Bring it back and this is what I see. So pissed right now. View attachment 175642View attachment 175643
I gotta set of foams and haven’t used them yet. That’s sucks J! If it makes you feel any better, I’m out now and passes are slow!👎🏼 Just changed a few things on the settings and topping of my packs🤷🏻‍♂️

I gotta set of foams and haven’t used them yet. That’s sucks J! If it makes you feel any better, I’m out now and passes are slow!👎🏼 Just changed a few things on the settings and topping of my packs🤷🏻‍♂️
What really sucks is I'm going to have to either switch to all Hoons, all GRP's or throw a set of GRP'S up front and hope for the best if I want to keep running this year. Not blowing more money on tires as the season winds down.

Disappointed, he!! yeah! First real decent speed run with the new Sweep Foams and I hear a funny sound as it's going by me at around 90 mph. Bring it back and this is what I see. So pissed right now. View attachment 175642View attachment 175643
Man that absolutely blows brother! First pass too I'd be irate also! I'd see if you can return them or maybe reach out to Sweeps company if you bought them elsewhere and see if they would replace them as that definitely shouldn't have happened first pass especially not crashing or anything to damage them.

Man that absolutely blows brother! First pass too I'd be irate also! I'd see if you can return them or maybe reach out to Sweeps company if you bought them elsewhere and see if they would replace them as that definitely shouldn't have happened first pass especially not crashing or anything to damage them.
I messaged the company I ordered them from on ebay, but like I said, even if I bought a new set, it would be mid November before I see them. I know running bigger tires in back and smaller up front is a no no, but I'm hoping the foams hook up enough to get me a new top speed before the season's over this year.

Best pass on 6s 119mph! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Something weird is going on, logs are showing the same amount time for full throttle on each session. (Impossible) Changed gearing (drastically) several time and rpm’s don’t change much. Don’t know if motor is trashed or ESC is failing, but I feel somethings not right. I’ll post my log later!🤬 Even maxed timing and no difference!🤔

53C4918A-051B-4952-BFE3-5460D86D72E6.png

Last edited:
I messaged the company I ordered them from on ebay, but like I said, even if I bought a new set, it would be mid November before I see them. I know running bigger tires in back and smaller up front is a no no, but I'm hoping the foams hook up enough to get me a new top speed before the season's over this year.
That sucks shipping is so long, is there maybe any LHS that would carry foams? Maybe search around and see if you can track down a set that could be shipped and get there quicker being in country and not coming from out of country. I know you said you don't want to put more money out but it's just an idea. I definitely wouldn't run the different size tires it's not worth causing possibly more damage and money in the long run or worse total your rig. Really hope something works out and you can get some more passes before the snow starts dropping.

That sucks shipping is so long, is there maybe any LHS that would carry foams? Maybe search around and see if you can track down a set that could be shipped and get there quicker being in country and not coming from out of country. I know you said you don't want to put more money out but it's just an idea. I definitely wouldn't run the different size tires it's not worth causing possibly more damage and money in the long run or worse total your rig. Really hope something works out and you can get some more passes before the snow starts dropping.
That's one thing none of my lhs really deal with. Most of the stuff they carry is stock parts or stuff that Horizon Hobby carries. Foams would be a special purchase and I'd still have to wait. Now the big question and I know @Mr.Duke has tried it before. How can running tires that are 5 mm smaller have such catastrophic results? I mean the front tires barely touch the ground as it is. Time to start a new thread.

That's one thing none of my lhs really deal with. Most of the stuff they carry is stock parts or stuff that Horizon Hobby carries. Foams would be a special purchase and I'd still have to wait. Now the big question and I know @Mr.Duke has tried it before. How can running tires that are 5 mm smaller have such catastrophic results? I mean the front tires barely touch the ground as it is. Time to start a new thread.
Take the front shaft out.2wd.......lmao😆🤣🤣😂

The felony has gp5 fronts 2.8 an the rears are gp6 3.0.....reg hoons 100mm an the others are 107mm.7mm difference

The felony has gp5 fronts 2.8 an the rears are gp6 3.0.....reg hoons 100mm an the others are 107mm.7mm difference
I meant to say running the 5mm smaller sized tires in front when the rears are 105's. Both front and rear difs are the same so there's going to be a slightly different rotation form front to back, but is it enough to really alter the drive of a car going in a straight line for under 15 seconds?

I meant to say running the 5mm smaller sized tires in front when the rears are 105's. Both front and rear difs are the same so there's going to be a slightly different rotation form front to back, but is it enough to really alter the drive of a car going in a straight line for under 15 seconds?
On your setup that equal to little over 5mph..imo it would probly be better to put the bigger tires on front,pull the front end,keeping it strait..on rear it'll probably want to push rear out,sideways.i image even a short run at 5mph different speeds would heat diffs up fast

Good luck bro! I hear ya haven't been able to run the last week due to rain and winds
Yeah,it sucks when your ready to go and everything is charged and it rains,but I see next weekend is supposed to get down to 65,big change for s fl

Been doing some serious thinking about angles an vibrations of center shafts an imo needs the most improved out of everything in the arrma speedgame right now.as Edough13 went to a pinocchio an gained big,that tells me there's a problem there...the vibrations kill spools, diff housings,outdrives,shaft coming apart can be major.all arrmas have the offset shaft angles I guess to fit the batt tray.to me centered,strait would be ideal for high rpms.so I'm flipping mount in mojave chassis car,centering shafts,.figured out I can adjust tension on shafts bye adjusting upper brace.must remove lower braces.from the red neck testing they seam to spin much smoother an less vibrations.getting 4 xlx2s an 1 mmx8s from CC any day now an will test an hopefully come up with something better..Lol shaft to diff in front has the most extreme angle.maybe shim front to straiten some of it out .WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK????

20211026_204537.jpg

Screenshot_20211026-184528_Drive.jpg

20211026_203958.jpg

20211026_204040.jpg

20211026_204329.jpg

Been doing some serious thinking about angles an vibrations of center shafts an imo needs the most improved out of everything in the arrma speedgame right now.as Edough13 went to a pinocchio an gained big,that tells me there's a problem there...the vibrations kill spools, diff housings,outdrives,shaft coming apart can be major.all arrmas have the offset shaft angles I guess to fit the batt tray.to me centered,strait would be ideal for high rpms.so I'm flipping mount in mojave chassis car,centering shafts,.figured out I can adjust tension on shafts bye adjusting upper brace.must remove lower braces.from the red neck testing they seam to spin much smoother an less vibrations.getting 4 xlx2s an 1 mmx8s from CC any day now an will test an hopefully come up with something better..Lol shaft to diff in front has the most extreme angle.maybe shim front to straiten some of it out .WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK????

View attachment 176295

View attachment 176296

View attachment 176297

View attachment 176298

View attachment 176299
Was flipping the mount easy? It looks super straight now which I'm sure will improve the efficiency of the shafts.

Back