Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE SPEEDRUNNING WITH 325MM BITTY 765 BODY?? 1st paint job,not going for looks,just wanted to be able to see car down road..looks better than I expected it to....

20220702_185250.jpg

ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE SPEEDRUNNING WITH 325MM BITTY 765 BODY?? 1st paint job,not going for looks,just wanted to be able to see car down road..looks better than I expected it to....

View attachment 227294
Fwiw Bitty bodies are a lot thinner than delta bodies so they flap and flex like crazy. It’s why nobody really uses them for speed runs.
Fwiw Bitty bodies are a lot thinner than delta bodies so they flap and flex like crazy. It’s why nobody really uses them for speed runs.
Try the epoxy like I did actually. It worked great and was only $10

Last edited:
Good day with two solid passes. First one is the slightly older pack,about 8 to 10 runs on it now, second pass was with a brand new CNHL 70c 6000mAh G + 6s
20220703_104728-01.jpeg
Image-1(1).jpg
Image-1(2).jpg

View attachment 227294
My first 765 didn't dail in as i hoped and died quickly. My second is in prestine condition and likely will remain a shelfqueen body. My reinforced Hyper7 body was doing a much better job. I'm now trying out the new dome body from delta platics.

My first 765 didn't dail in as i hoped and died quickly. My second is in prestine condition and likely will remain a shelfqueen body. My reinforced Hyper7 body was doing a much better job. I'm now trying out the new dome body from delta platics.
I'm gonna run it...if I have to reinforce it I will,working on side-skirts that will velcro to body to help.1st paint attempt,went for brightest color..

20220703_135923.jpg

20220702_185250.jpg

Ok so I just ran on 4s instead of 6s today and I was pretty happy. No video today but I got a pic. I was running high gearing and I am pretty sure I got over 70% throttle but the Driveshaft obv had to pop. And when I turned around I didn't realise so I got a little trigger happy and went into the curb but nothing broke. Not too bad for a 4s run with a DS pop
1656886054606.png

EDIT: Typhon 3s running 4s on 2400kv motor n 150amp esc. New motor is ON ITS WAY!
Confirmed pb 97
unconfirmed 106

Last edited:
Got the log from my 139 mph pass. Got the most horsepower and highest rpms of any pass I've made now that I'm slightly over charging the lipos to about 25.4 v and the voltage didn't sag below 19.4v. Front output bearing is getting killed on every pass so I'll be switching to a 6mm front driveshaft soon. Pretty sure once I get that sorted out, the Typhon will be a 150 mph 6s car. 11.8 hp and over 45k rpm peak
2022-07-03 139mph pass.jpg

Got the log from my 139 mph pass. Got the most horsepower and highest rpms of any pass I've made now that I'm slightly over charging the lipos to about 25.4 v and the voltage didn't sag below 19.4v. Front output bearing is getting killed on every pass so I'll be switching to a 6mm front driveshaft soon. Pretty sure once I get that sorted out, the Typhon will be a 150 mph 6s car. 11.8 hp and over 45k rpm peakView attachment 227544
I’m pretty sure another 3 seconds of full throttle would have gotten you close to 150.
You’ll get there soon enough buddy. Keep pushing.
Try not to overcharge the packs too much tho.
In my experience that can quickly damage them, you get far more benefit from heating the packs just prior to the run

I’m pretty sure another 3 seconds of full throttle would have gotten you close to 150.
In my experience that can quickly damage them, you get far more benefit from heating the packs just prior to the run
+1
Can confirm, the heating makes a huge difference. I've been exceedingly happy with this heater bag from Ethix. It will easily hold four big lipos, even if two of them are the 15000mAh cinder blocks from G-Ace (It'll hold dozens of smaller ones). I run it off a 5000mAh 3S lipo and start it up about an hour before the run to make sure the heat has penetrated the lipos sufficiently. Warming the lipos prior to the run is enough to boost performance by a couple of miles per hour. Well worth the investment if you're serious about going fast.
https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:ethix_deluxe_bag
1656899962961.png

Thanks Shawn. I've only done it twice to one pack and once to the other. I'll try not to push my luck going forward. As for warming them up, I'm the only person in the world who has the heater on full in his car this summer, with the lipos sitting on the dash on top of the defroster vents. Windows rolled down so I don't die of heat stroke, and they are definitely up to temp by the time I run.

Thanks Shawn. I've only done it twice to one pack and once to the other. I'll try not to push my luck going forward. As for warming them up, I'm the only person in the world who has the heater on full in his car this summer, with the lipos sitting on the dash on top of the defroster vents. Windows rolled down so I don't die of heat stroke, and they are definitely up to temp by the time I run.
lol, You're a madlad J :LOL:
This gave me flashbacks of the days when I worked as a sound engineer in live sound reinforcement many aeons ago. Sometimes on the way home from productions, in the wee early hours of the morning, totally beat and tired we would play a game in the bus or truck that roughly translates to "WITHSTAND!!!" to stay awake. We would roll up the windows, turn on the heater and find the crappiest song on the radio and turn both up to 11. Then we'd start singing along out of key sounding more like drunk seals than humans as loud as we possibly could. Whoever threw in the towel had to pay for the next bar tab.

+1
Can confirm, the heating makes a huge difference. I've been exceedingly happy with this heater bag from Ethix. It will easily hold four big lipos, even if two of them are the 15000mAh cinder blocks from G-Ace (It'll hold dozens of smaller ones). I run it off a 5000mAh 3S lipo and start it up about an hour before the run to make sure the heat has penetrated the lipos sufficiently. Warming the lipos prior to the run is enough to boost performance by a couple of miles per hour. Well worth the investment if you're serious about going fast.
https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:ethix_deluxe_bag
View attachment 227570
I just walk outside here in south Florida and my lipos are hot. How hot are you guys heating them up to?

Back