Limitless Speed Runners - Reading Castle Data Logs and ESC Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I am really starting to realize that I may have issues reading my logs as soon as I swap in my Castle system. Hooray for colorblindness.
You can also change the data line colors in the settings. I’m extremely color blind so I have to do this, red/blue green/brown and kinds of colors in between, can’t distinguish any of them.
Then if you are going to run a 6 pole 56 can with the XLX2 is better to use the original software and not the updated right?
They will be fine on the newest software

My personal opinion is that a cap pack will not add any speed. The amperage available from them is not enough to turn the motor 1 rotation. It is purely a filter to smooth out the high and low peaks of the voltage input (reducing stress on the ESC).
I thought this as well, until I watched Jason Flores drive one of his cars for a solid 20 seconds on one of his cap packs alone. He has demonstrated this several times in his videos. Don't get it twisted, I'm not making any statement as to whether this adds performance, simply that cap packs have the potential to hold a lot more power than a lot of us think.

I thought this as well, until I watched Jason Flores drive one of his cars for a solid 20 seconds on one of his cap packs alone. He has demonstrated this several times in his videos. Don't get it twisted, I'm not making any statement as to whether this adds performance, simply that cap packs have the potential to hold a lot more power than a lot of us think.

Yeah he must be using super caps in series. I had made a 21,000uF pack and it still will not run the motor.

Quick question for all the resident Castle experts.!!
Just asking for a friend 😉 should this screen be set for each different car/motor you run, example the kv and poles ?
1 to 1 gearing is correct, yes?

IMG_4466 2.jpeg

Quick question for all the resident Castle experts.!!
Just asking for a friend 😉 should this screen be set for each different car/motor you run, example the kv and poles ?
1 to 1 gearing is correct, yes?

View attachment 229971

Yep that looks correct. 1:1 gearing 4 poles and can enter the motor KV if you want but it wont matter.

@LibertyMKiii, thank you so much for clarifying the rpm issues!!!! I was showing a max rpm of 12,749 on my Big Rock/Mamba Monster X/1515 2200kv/4s combo also known as the "Fat Rock" today on a proof of concept test. Obviously the math didn't work out and I was like what the heck? I did a google search and this thread popped up. After changing it to 1:1 the max rpm on my runs went up to 34,605.... That makes much more sense.
BTW, on my caliper measured Hoons @ 108mm (not accounting for tire expansion) and 21/57 pinion/spur gearing that ends up being around 57 mph. I never saw that speed... I have a very conservative throttle curve programmed in, but even so and being gentle on throttle, I'd just loose traction at 20 to 30 mph and spin out trying to accelerate on my street (Which is heavily crowned, narrow old asphalt). I need way more room, a much gripper and flatter surface to even come close to that number. Motor temps never broke 130, although the ESC did peak @ 151 F. Peak amps were 125.2, watts were 1939.
I can't wait to hit some dirt and grass with my Proline Badlands on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back