Speed running on the road and the law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my line of work it's labelled 'Intelligent risk taking' and actually expected. Just don't be wrong in taking those :ROFLMAO:

usher risk GIF

In my line of work, it's called "assumed risk", which means the one taking the risk is comfortable with it regardless of what the data indicates. Like assuming the risk of riding without a helmet. It's nice and easy until that split second before death, when having that helmet would have been nice. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think there is a law on it besides it can follow under the nuisance law if you are being as such and also depending on the city as i did read one or a few or more towns had outlawed rc vehicles for dumb reasons.

I had an event with a bunch of County Sheriffs responding full lights & sirens in Central Illinois. I’ve got 5 of the gasoline powered Losi 1/5th, and a Kraken Vekta all with OBR Racing engines and these things SCREAM! The manager of the local Walmart used to let me set up my cones & GoPros every Friday & Saturday night. One night had my wife running the video cam when 5 Sheriff Units come flying into the lot lights & sirens going. One of the Officers made there way over as I had a pretty good crowd and asked where were the racing bikes? They had been chasing high performance motorcycles but couldn’t catch them. I asked him if they sound like this, when I fired up my Kraken? He almost fell over laughing! I thought I was going to catch some disturbing the peace at least. Instead he got on his radio and 4 other units came back to watch the races! For 2 years i ran out there, a bunch of Cops with kids every weekend!

Since 1/1/2021 permits for drones are mandatory in the EU. I haven't bothered to get one, 200Euro.
I only fly FPV and would still require a LOS spotter beside me at all times to make public flying legal. Thx to the stupidity of the let's peak at the girl next door drone guys we ended up with these stupid rules.

Luckily FPV freestyling has the same effect on people/cops as speedrunning. As long as you don't bother people and don't take stupid risks, anyone seeing it will just pass by thinking like 'wow that some cool stuff' or 'what a nerd, grown-ups with toys'
That’s not what fpv drones are for?😱🤣🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back