Typhon Speed Typhon questions -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
howdy gang -

So I recently picked up a Typhon, and am toying with making a speed run car out of it. I know of a guy of FB selling motor mounts that will take larger pinions than the stock mount, but what about spur gears? Other than the plastic TD 46t, are there any off the shelf options for smaller spurs?

Thanks,
Jerry
Edit - Also, anyone know of any decent semi-budget belted on-road tires for speed runs? Currently I am thinking of getting some XO1 tires. $80 a set. I know, budget and speed don't really go together, but... :)

Last edited:
GRP are what i run. I use s7 compound and hit 134 today on them.

Next question - my motor is a Trackstar 4268 2350kv - is this too high of a KV for 6s running? Or is KV kind of a "try it and see what happens" kind of thing?

(Those GRP tires look good. $50 on Amazon for a set of 4. :) )

Next question - my motor is a Trackstar 4268 2350kv - is this too high of a KV for 6s running? Or is KV kind of a "try it and see what happens" kind of thing?

(Those GRP tires look good. $50 on Amazon for a set of 4. :) )
Yep I like grp get them warm and they will hook. 2350 will be fine on 6s. I do prefer a longer can though. Just watch your gearing.

Yeah, I don't' see being able to hang with your 134mph typhon with a 68mm motor. Right now I am saying my goal is an honest 100mph. After that, we'll see... :)

Yeah, I don't' see being able to hang with your 134mph typhon with a 68mm motor. Right now I am saying my goal is an honest 100mph. After that, we'll see... :)

Friendly competition is a good thing..the black motor is good for a solid 125 mph .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back