Typhon Speedrun esc advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put xlx2 in vendetta, not just to do it....I maxed the mmx8s out at 400a an required the xlx2s power to go faster.....kinda sucked to need the most powerful esc to progress..lol
What are you running for a motor?

What are you running for a motor?
Mostly tp4060cm-3480kv or tp4050cm 3800kv. Here's a couple 130mph logs

20221022_183342.jpg

Mostly tp4060cm-3480kv or tp4050cm 3800kv. Here's a couple 130mph logs

View attachment 265689
You must have a 6s typhon because I was wondering why the he** you would need a XLX2 in a 3s typhon never mind fit it in there. :ROFLMAO: The op has a 3s rig so I thought that's what we were talking about. Got any pictures of your rig?

You must have a 6s typhon because I was wondering why the he** you would need a XLX2 in a 3s typhon never mind fit it in there. :ROFLMAO: The op has a 3s rig so I thought that's what we were talking about. Got any pictures of your
I turned it into a vendetta.don't really have an pics of it..just video..it's currently world's fastest 3s an 4s vendetta

I turned it into a vendetta.don't really have an pics of it..just video..it's currently world's fastest 3s an 4s vendetta
Ill be a sob..Nice run. :ROFLMAO: I love how you mounted your esc and Velcroed you receiver to your battery. I'll be honest I figured there was not enough room in a Vendetta. Makes me want one now. Thanks

Ok not the best but it rained this morning and the road was a tad wet but I found a decent parking lot and made a short run. I see what yall mean with the remote the range isn't the best. It had more in it but I'm taking baby steps and don't wanna wreck my baby. This is fun making adjustments to the suspension and seeing how it improves or makes it worse. Thing goes straight as an arrow lol

Screenshot_20221229-115221_Power GNSS.jpg

Ok not the best but it rained this morning and the road was a tad wet but I found a decent parking lot and made a short run. I see what yall mean with the remote the range isn't the best. It had more in it but I'm taking baby steps and don't wanna wreck my baby. This is fun making adjustments to the suspension and seeing how it improves or makes it worse. Thing goes straight as an arrow lol

View attachment 265762
If you wanna meet your goal of 100mph you will wanna buy a 80$ radiolink radio....especially if ya don't wanna wreck your baby......you will run outa range,then car gos till you hit something...radiolink has a failsafe feature that brakes come on however hard ya set them if power,signal is loose to reciever.mine are setup like 80% brakes...it's saved my cars before few times...can also hook 10 cars up to 1 radio...my distance pb is 4880ft..any farther an can't see car at all..

If you wanna meet your goal of 100mph you will wanna buy a 80$ radiolink radio....especially if ya don't wanna wreck your baby......you will run outa range,then car gos till you hit something...radiolink has a failsafe feature that brakes come on however hard ya set them if power,signal is loose to reciever.mine are setup like 80% brakes...it's saved my cars before few times...can also hook 10 cars up to 1 radio...my distance pb is 4880ft..any farther an can't see car at all..
Yeah it says I went 948 feet but honestly it ran outta range like maybe 400ft lol

Which one?

Screenshot_20221229-165956_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221229-170244_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'd get the v3....then the r7fg v1.4 rx. with 2 antennas and your golden...radio has alot of features that'll help you control car,an possibly keep it from getting totaled out.my fastest run a few months ago esc cut an i had zero control at 162mph an failsafe slowed car down enough before it left road an almost no damage..without failsafe car would left road at speed an most likely ended up barrel rolling throwing everything out an major damage

I'd get the v3....then the r7fg v1.4 rx. with 2 antennas and your golden...radio has alot of features that'll help you control car,an possibly keep it from getting totaled out.my fastest run a few months ago esc cut an i had zero control at 162mph an failsafe slowed car down enough before it left road an almost no damage..without failsafe car would left road at speed an most likely ended up barrel rolling throwing everything out an major damage
Gonna grab that and the spool. After I get good with this typhon I think I might get this. Kinda like the buggy speed run look 👀 something a little different

Screenshot_20221229-182108_Facebook.jpg

Gonna grab that and the spool. After I get good with this typhon I think I might get this. Kinda like the buggy speed run look 👀 something a little different

View attachment 265841
I’m a big Tekno fan and own a few of their cars.

Just know that it wouldn’t be any better than the Typhon for speed running.

@Diem Turner check out this 1/8 325mm ALPHA SPEED body that finally showed up today..it's more low profile then fc100 ..much better fit than fc100 also

View attachment 265922

View attachment 265923

View attachment 265924

View attachment 265925

View attachment 265926
That looks pretty slippery brother, nice! If/when I've thrashed out the Dome Concept (I didn't realize there were three different 1/8 scale Dome bodies) I may have a go at that one. I really dig the lines on that thing. That one looks a bit like the lovechild of the Dome S102 and Dome 2013.

Here's what I got today not bad I think for the 4s pack sitting in my car from 630am till 1030am.

Screenshot_20221231-103032_Power GNSS.jpg

Screenshot_20221231-102847_Power GNSS.jpg

20221231_103051.jpg

Forgot to add this lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-102735_Power GNSS.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231-102735_Power GNSS.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 26
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back