Typhon Speedrun esc advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgwild1717

Reaction score
I'm wanting to run my 3s typhon over 100mph and gonna swap the esc out. Which one of these is the better option? Gonna run to hrb 6000 mah 3s lipos. I have 26t 57 steel spur at the moment gonna swap to a hot racing spool with a 38t spur and 30t pinion with a 3800kv surpass platinum motor.

Screenshot_20221227-145801_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221227-145809_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20221218_160726.jpg

Truthfully I’d stick with either the 4S Spektrum ESC or 150A Spektrum ESC and use the stock brushless motor or the 2050kv Spektrum motor.

These are much easier on the budget to replace after a crash while you build this rig up to be a stable 100mph performer.

The stock electronics are very much capable for 100mph pulls and are easy to get used/new fairly cheap.

Maybe consider investing in a long range radio like Radiolink RC6GS

You know when I was thinking of the 6s esc I was wanting to save money cause I'm only just getting into speed runs with the 3s stuff. But your right when I get bored with trying to get 150mph out the plastic stuff I can have that esc to build with my limitless.

You know when I was thinking of the 6s esc I was wanting to save money cause I'm only just getting into speed runs with the 3s stuff. But your right when I get bored with trying to get 150mph out the plastic stuff I can have that esc to build with my limitless.
Wait a second - you said 100mph above. If your goal is 150mph in any car then you need an XLX2. No other way around it. It'll be hard to fit into a typhon 3s though.

Not sure either 1 could do it on 3s..maybe 4s.youll need 200amp esc minimum. Mm2 ,mmx6s might do it.i did 124mph using 400amp on 3s parallel maxing out mmx8s in vendetta

I don't think any arrma composite stock chassis can handle 150 mph .that's asking a lot . settle for the 100 which is fine then move up to a stronger chassis.you don't need 8s or 6s to hit your goal of 150.from what I've seen and heard from many on here 4 s is more than capable of achieving that mph.gear it correctly with the right set of tires and spoiler set up for down force is pretty much all you need.6s and 8s is at times just un controllable.you won't enjoy the hobby and you will be disappointed.you need to go from 3s first.learn your ride max it out then move on to 4s .max that out then if you are not satisfied then you can go to 6 s ..many people like to jump right away to 6s or 8s and then find out later that it's to much power and they were not prepared.nor is there RC ready for it either..to me this hobby is like when we were born..we learned to crawl first ..baby steps then walk then run..just saying so your not disappointed when you can't handle that amount of power and reck your build..😁🤟

Mamba monster x 8s

View attachment 265398

Set your volts to 12v for 4s for a realistic accurate speed...
You mean on the esc?
Soon I'll be going to 4s my self and I'll be looking for a 4s set up..that is why I'm asking.im not familiar with setting it to 12v

You mean on the esc?
Soon I'll be going to 4s my self and I'll be looking for a 4s set up..that is why I'm asking.im not familiar with setting it to 12v
Quick question..is there anything wrong with going to a spectrum 120 or 150 amp ESC for a 4s set up? Seems like everyone likes the mambas .I'd like to keep as much arrma electronics in my build as possible.seems like the more I build on my Big rock the more it's starting not to be one..I see people doing builds and they change almost everything and still continue to call it by it's original name..I mean there must be a point in time when you can't call your rc anymore by what it was when you first bought it.on my build I'm trying to keep it as much arrma as I can.. body is getting modded and chassis got extended but I used 2 stock chassis .I can still call it a big rock because I am still on stock electronics but if I change it all to other brands now is it still a big rock?
Last part of that was for @Hawgwild1717 put 12v on calculator for accurate speeds
..opps
Oh I see

It's hard to get over 100with the firma150a 6s esc on 6s without them cutting,to do 100mph on 3s or 4s ya need a castle esc........mm2,mmx6s both will push 200 amps...can do 100mph 4s with both of them..100mph on 3s would be a challenge for them..mmx8s will push 400 amps..good for 125ish on 3s

It's hard to get over 100with the firma150a 6s esc on 6s without them cutting,to do 100mph on 3s or 4s ya need a castle esc........mm2,mmx6s both will push 200 amps...can do 100mph 4s with both of them..100mph on 3s would be a challenge for them..mmx8s will push 400 amps..good for 125ish on 3s
Oh ok now I get it . because of the voltage cut off.so for a 4s what's a good esc that's not to costly?
Oh ok now I get it . because of the voltage cut off.so for a 4s what's a good esc that's not to costly?
Mm2?

I've never ran my 8s esc on over 5s.....it's a must for the speeds I wanna run...will never run it on higher volts..I just need it's 400amps of power from it
Yes I ran mm2 in this on 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back