Typhon Speedrun Season ALL Makes and Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malice

Doing all kinds of messed up stuff.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Is there one? I guess what I'm asking is do you guys pack your babies up so they're all nice and warm during the fall and winter months? Store it off the wheels as to not create flat spots?

If not, what tires do you run? Are you limiting yourselves to lower speeds than max due to tire grip considerations?

I just thought about this as hunting season is around the corner and I'm gearing up. I have trucks I play with during the winter months if it snows but that is the extent of my cold weather rc play. I would like to continue my quest for putting it in the wall at plaid....no wait...ludacris speed, but I don't know if it's possible.

I run my Kraton, Notorious and Talion year round but as the road surface temperature drops in the winter months it’s gonna be hard to get GRPs or Hoons to hook up below 50F. I imagine I’ll run on nice days where the road temp is above 50 with GRP S1 or Gold Hoons

S1 tires work good through the fall and spring if the peak temps reach around 50 F.

I do always keep my cars up off the tires. It seems to help the tires stay balanced/avoid flat spots.
Generally speaking there is a season through the summer, however I have seen plenty of people setting personal best records on cold days. The motors and ESCs like it. Foams are less impacted by colder temps... The batteries like to be in the 95 F + range so they often perform better on the 2nd pass. Ideally if you can keep them warm prior to use that would be better.

My thoughts are run if it meets this criteria:
1. Temps between 40-95 degrees F
2. Wind below 8mph
3. Dry road
4. No traffic

Last edited:
S1 tires work good through the fall and spring if the peak temps reach around 50 F.

I do always keep my cars up off the tires. It seems to help the tires stay balanced/avoid flat spots.
Generally speaking there is a season through the summer, however I have seen plenty of people setting personal best records on cold days. The motors and ESCs like it. Foams are less impacted by colder temps... The batteries like to be in the 95 F + range so they often perform better on the 2nd pass. Ideally if you can keep them warm prior to use that would be better.

My thoughts are run if it meets this criteria:
1. Temps between 40-95 degrees F
2. Wind below 8mph
3. Dry road
4. No traffic

The first three are no problem living here in So. Cal.. but the last one is an issue lol, traffic in LA runs at all hours.. It drives me crazy, I literally have one of the best roads possible to run on right outside my house but there's always traffic, as long as its daylight outside. Traffic is the second most frustrating thing about speedrunning for me, after tires.

The first three are no problem living here in So. Cal.. but the last one is an issue lol, traffic in LA runs at all hours.. It drives me crazy, I literally have one of the best roads possible to run on right outside my house but there's always traffic, as long as its daylight outside. Traffic is the second most frustrating thing about speedrunning for me, after tires.
Oh that's easy to resolve! :ROFLMAO: A small investment can fix that up!

1601468871596.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back