Spektrum “battery update” ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscheife

Reaction score
So I decided it would be a good idea to update my Spektrum charger (S2100) firmware to the new G2 stuff. That was easy enough, took only a minute or two. Then when I hooked up a battery and was playing around with the new interface, I saw an option “Update Smart Battery”. Couldn’t find much about it on google. Anyone have any idea what it’s doing?? I hit start and here’s a screenshot.

8C3BE76E-2A17-4013-A41C-B308E7059FE4.jpeg

Nice I have all spektrum stuff the whole smart pack and I was worried to update any thing but I would imagine it has to with the chip in battery, maybe it's a self regulating program so you don't have to hook up balance ports. Give them a call or shoot the email. I am interested to see what happens lol

Nice I have all spektrum stuff the whole smart pack and I was worried to update any thing but I would imagine it has to with the chip in battery, maybe it's a self regulating program so you don't have to hook up balance ports. Give them a call or shoot the email. I am interested to see what happens lol
it sat there for a long time with apparently nothing happening, so I stopped the process and disconnected the battery. Doesn't seem to have had any impact. Maybe it's an incomplete feature... I wish there was some documentation for it but I haven't been able to find any

it sat there for a long time with apparently nothing happening, so I stopped the process and disconnected the battery. Doesn't seem to have had any impact. Maybe it's an incomplete feature... I wish there was some documentation for it but I haven't been able to find any
do you have update usb cable maybe plug it on ur pc maybe there a battery update update ?

do you have update usb cable maybe plug it on ur pc maybe there a battery update update ?
Did that for the charger already and it worked. It’s a separate thing for the battery, which is what I was working seeing about

Not really. The charger update worked well. The “battery update” didn’t do anything as far as I can tell...

I have one battery that fails to send the amount remaining in the pack to the transmitter. Got figure how I am going prove this in pic fourm lol

I would like to know how to update the S2100. I have the interface cable that plus into 12vdc port. Plug it into my PC and nothing happens. Appreciate any help.

How are the spectrum Batteries, i got the S2100 and 2 3S lipos for my kraton 6S. Just getting into the hobby so i was just wondering?

How are the spectrum Batteries, i got the S2100 and 2 3S lipos for my kraton 6S. Just getting into the hobby so i was just wondering?
Spectrum batteries are doing ok. After you run your batteries out on the Kraton 6 it is a good idea to put them in the "storage charge mode" with the s2100 charger. I do this every time I run my K8 .

Spectrum batteries are doing ok. After you run your batteries out on the Kraton 6 it is a good idea to put them in the "storage charge mode" with the s2100 charger. I do this every time I run my K8 .
how long after running your batteries do you have to get them hooked up to the charger. Like if I go to a park and use them but im not going home for like an hour? Is that bad or is that ok?

Only guessing. On DJI stuff they had 'battery updates' as well but only to sync revisions or static information in case there were changes. Nothing functional ever changed on batteries. I would guess the same happens here.

Rule of thumb, same day or should be within 24h. Again, it's a good rule to abide by but nothing catastrophic will happen.
You do not want to let it sit discharged for a month, overcharged is not an issue on SMART batteries. They will drain themselves to storage levels.

So I decided it would be a good idea to update my Spektrum charger (S2100) firmware to the new G2 stuff. That was easy enough, took only a minute or two. Then when I hooked up a battery and was playing around with the new interface, I saw an option “Update Smart Battery”. Couldn’t find much about it on google. Anyone have any idea what it’s doing?? I hit start and here’s a screenshot.

View attachment 136623

I have not seen that at all....

But I cannot get my S2100 to update and I got the stupid special cable you need for it to do it. The drivers are there Device Manager sees it...it will not see it in the app... Think I have a bad cable...two chargers I have tried the cable with no luck.

If you do find out let us know....I still need to get the update to work
I would like to know how to update the S2100. I have the interface cable that plus into 12vdc port. Plug it into my PC and nothing happens. Appreciate any help.

My cable did not work...let us know if you get the update... info is here:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...harger-Update-Instructions-and-Change-log.pdf
how long after running your batteries do you have to get them hooked up to the charger. Like if I go to a park and use them but im not going home for like an hour? Is that bad or is that ok?

Once you use the battery and it stops at LVC say for example like mine 3.4v you can safely wait for 24hr to storage charge. Like you I do it sooner than later for the Spektrum at the worse I never go 48hrs. Not that it's bad if it has not dropped below 3.0v by that time...but good habits have me trained to do is soon :)

I have a lot of Spektrum batteries as a newbie it was a smart and easy choice. I still do like them for the smart telemetry. Now that I am a better RC'er and push my rigs a little harder my Spektrum 3S 5000mah 50C don't have enough for me. I now use 3S 5500mah 75C and 3S 8000mah 120C (Infraction only this one). The aftermarket batteries well out perform the Spektrums. I still use them but just knowing the thrill will be short.

Last edited:
I use G2 batteries and the new S2200 charger - I can update the G2 batteries - I'm not sure whats gets updated but I get a status bar and a message to not disconnect until the update is complete.

In fact just today I updated a brand new G2 battery.

they auto discharge you don't have to worry about that

I love my Spektrums. The 3S especially -- I have some problems with my 2S's getting too warm

I really like my Spektrum 3s 5000mah 100c batteries. they always run cool and fit my 3s Senton nicely.
I charge them with a S1100 charger. the setup works great for me. still learning about the all functions.
for a smaller charger it fits my needs well.

they auto discharge you don't have to worry about that
I think this was more in reference to when you drain the batteries below storage levels, charge them back up storage levels after use.

View attachment 136623
Mine does the same thing. Doesn’t appear to update anything with the battery.

Found this post, I just purchased a new Smart Powerstage Bundle which included a S150 charger along with a 5000 mAh 50c 3S battery. When using the battery in my DX3 it does not register the percentage remaining, I know the remote works as I have another spektrum battery that is registering just fine. I reached out to Spektrum and was told my new battery needed an update, that I needed to purchase a new Smart Charger or Smart Battery Checker. They said once I plug this battery in, the system will prompt me to update. Needless to say I am not impressed, mainly because I bought the battery/charger combo in a nice pack, you would think it would be updated out of the box vs me having to make it work.

Either way, that is one of the things the battery update can apparently fix according to Spektrum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back