Spektrum “battery update” ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating. Good to know. Sorry about your trouble with the battery though.

When I bought my first car, I got that same combo. I was pretty unimpressed with the S150 though and bought one of their better chargers within a week or two. Not much lost except a bit of time since I was able to sell the S150

I am actually heading out this morning and purchasing the S2100, hoping that will solve my issues!

Yep NUsco.... you are correcct. I too bought the combo pack charger (s2100) with two batts. My DX3 was not registering the balance in the cells .... HH advised update battery firmware and that should fix the issue. Doing that and will repost results after successful complete.

Yep NUsco.... you are correcct. I too bought the combo pack charger (s2100) with two batts. My DX3 was not registering the balance in the cells .... HH advised update battery firmware and that should fix the issue. Doing that and will repost results after successful complete.
I hope you have better luck than me, nothing worked for me and the battery simply doesn’t show anything on the DX3. I am little ticked with the customer support as they stated apart from the S2100 charger that didn’t update the battery, they asked me to buy a battery checker. I did that and that was even worse as that doesn’t give any option to update the battery, returned that.

If you do get it working please let me know what you did!

WELL.... it turns out the charger is okay after all. A tech asked me if I connected the orange/orange battery cable instead of the orange/black cable on from the car to the battery. As a result, i connected orange/orange and my DX3 will not report battery left in the battery. I connected orange/black and bingo... battery remaining shows up just fine. When i connect both batteries, I have no problem, it is only when I connect ONE battery, and connect it to the wrong cable, the DX3 will not register battery left in battery. Hope this help others !!!

I am lost, I have no Orange/Orange battery cable on my S2100, ports 1 and 2 (orange) only connect to the battery Orange/Black, there physically is no other way to connect the battery to the charger. From the car, I only have a female connector that accepts the battery, nothing else.

I am lost, I have no Orange/Orange battery cable on my S2100, ports 1 and 2 (orange) only connect to the battery Orange/Black, there physically is no other way to connect the battery to the charger. From the car, I only have a female connector that accepts the battery, nothing else.
Not my post but I believe he was plugging 1 lipo into the wrong side of a series connector in the car. Looks like a triangle with one side having 2 orange wires as it is bridging power to make 3s into 6s. Sounds like it needs to be plugged into the side of the adapter with the orange and black to read correctly on the TX

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back