Spektrum 1100Kv firma motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello guys, I have to say that I’m frustrated with spektrum and their crappy technical support. I recently upgraded my Kraton 8s with a 1100Kv motor as the Kraton 8s comes with a esc that handles up to 160amps. For some reason when I first installed the motor it was running super slow and I had to turn up the timing in the esc. I reached out to spektrum and it took them 1 week to respond and they were of no help. Can anyone on here help me out by explaining to me why I would have to have my timing turned up on my esc in order for this thing to run properly. She’s running nicely but I’m not understanding why I would have to turn my timing up for it to run right.

555116C6-2DC0-4204-A8EB-D936690968B6.jpeg

C43DD74C-53F6-46F3-9394-E3B413E6E754.jpeg

DF9B28F4-A034-49C8-8D61-5413FF81BC9F.jpeg

Yes what pinion? I had that setup 1100kv spekrum and max5 on my outcast and it was absolutely a beast! I was running 29pinion with stock spur.

Btw, contact horizon @

[email protected]

I have to ask…..what pinion do you have on there?
I have tried many 19,20,22,25 I just don’t get why it wouldn’t perform with having to turn the timing up.
Yes what pinion? I had that setup 1100kv spekrum and max5 on my outcast and it was absolutely a beast! I was running 29pinion with stock spur.

Btw, contact horizon @

[email protected]
Did you have to turn your timing up with the max 5? It’s running like a beast but I have the timing on 7.5 it’s running good with a 30 pinion. I just don’t get why I had to turn up the timing.

Going to 7.5 timing is not going to make any difference. Same goes with all the timing modes.

I got it all figured out now after doing some research and talking to a spektrum rep. It’s running strong and smooth as it should.

Not to dig up an old thread but what did you end up figuring out cause I'm about to go this route with the same motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back