Spektrum 1250kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawky

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Is it worth for me to call Horizon Hobby and ask for a replacement? Or should I just buy a new one or maybe Max5 combo with 1100kv motor?

IMG_1096.JPEG

Is it worth for me to call Horizon Hobby and ask for a replacement? Or should I just buy a new one or maybe Max5 combo with 1100kv motor?

View attachment 74472
We gotta know how this happened?!
Did it happen in epic fashion??

We gotta know how this happened?!
Did it happen in epic fashion??

Not in too epic fashion but it was pretty sweet. There's a perfect dirt ramp where I live and I always go bash there. Yesterday I took a few jumps and on the last one the nose was diving down so I gave it a small punch to lift the nose up and that's when it all went silent.

I did manage to land flat and soft but the only thing I heard was a quiet hum of the motor. Took the body off looked at the pinion gear, thought it came loose, and I saw nothing. The pinion and part of the shaft are gone.

I'm thinking there might have been a weak spot in the shaft and it finally snapped.

I did use loctite on the set screw. Was that bad?

I did use loctite on the set screw. Was that bad?
Not bad, you definitely want loctite on there ?

I think he was referring to the excessive amount that sometimes gets put on at the factory.

If they don’t give you a new motor I would buy the hobbywing 5687 or Hobbystar 5692 1120kv. Just use the stock esc, it’s fine. I run mine pretty hard with a 30t pinion and is far more responsive than the stock motor. Everyone will tell you to buy a max5, unless there are going to buy you one just use the stock esc...

If they don’t give you a new motor I would buy the hobbywing 5687 or Hobbystar 5692 1120kv. Just use the stock esc, it’s fine. I run mine pretty hard with a 30t pinion and is far more responsive than the stock motor. Everyone will tell you to buy a max5, unless there are going to buy you one just use the stock esc...

I'm looking at the 5687. Will that fit on the stock mount? Also, where can I get a 25T pinion with an 8mm bore?

It will
I'm looking at the 5687. Will that fit on the stock mount? Also, where can I get a 25T pinion with an 8mm bore?
It will if you buy the PPS-RC motor mount slide that works with the stock motor mount. Or you can buy a whole new mount from M2C Racing. Here is a video I made.

It will

It will if you buy the PPS-RC motor mount slide that works with the stock motor mount. Or you can buy a whole new mount from M2C Racing. Here is a video I made.

Thank you so much for the info! I subbed too :)
I’ve been running these pinions https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Mod-Pinion-Gear-10T-150T-Spur-Gear-With-Step-45-Steel-Motor-Transmission-Gear/153007681876?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=452811791327&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Or go on eBay and search for 8mm 25t mod1 and you will find some. I would buy a variety of the cheap ones. A 25t will be pretty tame, maybe go 27. 30 is about right for me but when it gets warm out I will drop a couple teeth to keep temps down.

@bicketybam has you covered with the motor mount.
Will check it out. Thank you!

View attachment 74472
Mine broke too. I’ve been in the hobby off and on (off when things break on when I have the money and time to fix what breaks) for 20 years and this is a first. No mods to the truck everything is stock.

I just had this happen on my O8s. I was recording it. I was jumping a gravel pile and in the video I can hear I quick rev as I crested the hill of the jump. The funny thing is it sent me into a front flip due to loss of power.. Nice... HH is going to replace under warranty, but unfortunately its a 3 week back order..

Has anyone used the spektrum 1250kv motor in limitless with stock mount it seems to need shimming to slide into the mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back