Spektrum 1250kv question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronxTechRC72

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
I have the Spektrum 1250kv motor in my EXB K6. According to Castle, you cant't use Delta wind motors untill the software update comes out at the end of the month. Does anyone know DEFINITELY if the 1250kv Spektrum motor is a Wye wind or a Delta wind? Not trying to fry my new MMX8s and would like to finish setting up the truck. Thanks guys!😁

Spektrum probably has no clue. It is not published info at least. Cheap motor companies have no clue in regards. These Firma motors are just rebranded by OE's.
I find it strange that the MMX8S cant accept a Delta wind. Castle dropped the ball if what you say is True about the MMX8S. (n) Did you confirm this with Castle directly over the phone or hear some urban myth stuff in regards?? If this is true, I bet it probably has to do with Castles Motor Timing algorithm. Hense the F/W update again if this is true. But I have heard nothing in regards to your concern. Delta and Wye work in most any ESC. ESC Software Timing settings can be the only issue with some winds.
If you haven't called Castle directly for that Info, I would do that first.
You can call HH/ Spektrum. Doubt they are technical enough to tell you anything about your Firma 1250kv. I could be wrong. Try.

There is a way to determine whether you have a Delta or Wye Wind motor......
Break out your trusty Digital VM.....
Motor-Lead Connections – Basic Motor Control (bccampus.ca)
Good Luck.:cool:

Giant recall and software update from Castle. Had my 2 XLX2s recalled and checked already for the shorting buss bar issue and they both passed, but according to Castle, the MMX8s won't run Delta wind motors untill the software update.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back