Notorious Spektrum 150a ESC (Advice Pls)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
What started off as a good run at the skate park today ended in disaster.

My second big send trying to clear the utility pole and my throttle cuts out at the apex of the jump! All I could do is watch as she tumbled back to earth from around 30ft up or better. Landed upside down of course 🤬🤬🤬

I'm too pissed off to tear into it and check out the damage right now but I gotta hand it to m2c..speed chassis appears to be straight and in one piece and everything seems to be still attached. At the least tho my shock towers are both bent and I just switched em out too. 😮‍💨

I set her on the picnic table and turned the esc off and back on. No start up chime..the fans run..steering runs..nothing else. Temps were fine still cool enough to touch with your fingers and not even be hot. Motor wires are plugged in/still attached. Tried a different pack..same thing. Checked the voltage on the packs that were in it when I got home... 4.10v across-the-board..

So what's the general recommendation for escs using stock power? Max 8 or Corally esc? I don't need more performance than stock just need something reliable that won't die at literally the worst possible moment.

Last edited:
Under 2 years old? I’d just get a free warranty replacement from spektrum. Sounds like a freak issue.

Under 2 years old? I’d just get a free warranty replacement from spektrum. Sounds like a freak issue.
My Noto isn't stock anymore so the warranty doesn't do much for me other than give me another junk ESC I don't need. For how I like to drive I need something that isn't going to fail for no apparent reason.

My Noto isn't stock anymore so the warranty doesn't do much for me other than give me another junk ESC I don't need. For how I like to drive I need something that isn't going to fail for no apparent reason.
That’s fair. I bought a corally esc (max 8 rebrand) off JRC a while back and it’s been solid. Either that or a max 8 would be a great choice with the stock motor.

If you think you might want more power in the future, now’s probably the right time to go max 6 or castle. That would provide the headroom for a big motor later on.

Edit: a downside of the corally ESC is that it seems to run a different software than the max 8. Maybe the lower-grade BL150 software. The HW advanced program box doesn’t work on it. I’m not sure if there are actually any missing settings though.

Last edited:
You sure can:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhfhfboo...X+185_Manual_ENG.pdf&subfolder_nav_tracking=1

1653888472848.png

What started off as a good run at the skate park today ended in disaster.

My second big send trying to clear the utility pole and my throttle cuts out at the apex of the jump! All I could do is watch as she tumbled back to earth from around 30ft up or better. Landed upside down of course 🤬🤬🤬

I'm too pissed off to tear into it and check out the damage right now but I gotta hand it to m2c..speed chassis appears to be straight and in one piece and everything seems to be still attached. At the least tho my shock towers are both bent and I just switched em out too. 😮‍💨

I set her on the picnic table and turned the esc off and back on. No start up chime..the fans run..steering runs..nothing else. Temps were fine still cool enough to touch with your fingers and not even be hot. Motor wires are plugged in/still attached. Tried a different pack..same thing. Checked the voltage on the packs that were in it when I got home... 4.10v across-the-board..

So what's the general recommendation for escs using stock power? Max 8 or Corally esc? I don't need more performance than stock just need something reliable that won't die at literally the worst possible moment.
that can happen with any esc my firma 150a esc just stopped and set on fire :oops: had no throttle a few times when in the air but from battery coming unpluged or motor wires coming out or even a seized motor. broke a load of parts this way just how it is really

Spektrum has 2 years warranty as far as I know, doesn't matter what upgrades your truck has..!!

My advice, swap it for anything but a new Spektrum 😉🤣

I've destroyed them all....hobbywing that bl150a quikrun was unbreakage,has 4mm motor leads like stock...I crashed it at high speed,underwater,ran 4092 in Mojave no problems,Imo best 6s esc under 100$....
MM2 if ya want more power

I kill fish ..lol.i got a 48mph pb on water😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆
Man that is great and my confusion is cleared 😂 man, you must be fun to have a beer with. Such beautiful scenery as well!

Man that is great and my confusion is cleared 😂 man, you must be fun to have a beer with. Such beautiful scenery as well!
Went out early this morning ran all 3 speedcars with no crashs...it's BUSCH:30 the rest of the day..day drinking okay on holidays😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆.even if it's little early

I've destroyed them all....hobbywing that bl150a quikrun was unbreakage,has 4mm motor leads like stock...I crashed it at high speed,underwater,ran 4092 in Mojave no problems,Imo best 6s esc under 100$....
Funny enough my mm2 blew all the capacitors and stopped working after I let the wifey drive it for like 5 mins. I have a feeling castle going to cheat me on warranty too but hopefully not 😔

the quicrun 150a is good I have 3 of them never had a problem with any of them just wish they had the 7.4 volt option

Was it new???
Yep, only had about 3 packs on it. Already sent it in to castle and waiting on them to get back to me with some news. It's the first time I've ever had an esc just go out on me and the first time since I've been in the hobby that I've had to call in a warranty claim. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back