Spektrum 160 ESC and 780 Kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run that same motor and ESC. Set the punch to at least 4. Also a pinion of at least 34. I personally run a 39t and it is more than enough for me.

I have the exact same motor and ESC in my K8s. With stock 47 tooth spur and 44 tooth pinion I'm GPS at 63 on the road and 54 in the grass. My biggest problem was it would roll about 2 feet and then just let loose.. It would start some what fast for the first couple feet.. it had to be do cuz of Cogging. It would do the littlest burner from a dead stop and then after a couple of feet it was a monster. I played with timing and got my best results with my timing all the way up on 15. Got up to 70F here last week and my temperatures was very surprising and we're really good. That included about four 150 yards speed runs and bashing 9000mah 100 c zeee batteries. Do you know if cap packs would help this problem off the line? Still not the happiest with it. I was always under the impression that lower KV means more torque because it does not spin as fast as higher KV. The day I ran, my friend had a hobbywing 1100 KV in his and we were running side-by-side almost the whole time and he had heat issues I did not. I'm also hoping because of lower KV means lower Temps. Since I'm still not that happy with where I want to be I got the castle MMX 8s and the sensored 800 KV system coming. I fully believe that will take care of my offline problem. I may be wrong because I moved to the electric end of RC .I am coming from the Nitro area of the hobby cuz all I ever owned up until now was Nitro. So my understanding of KV is most likely wrong but I'm staying with the way I want to go cuz I love the power of a 800 KV motor compared to my friends 1100 KV.
I run that same motor and ESC. Set the punch to at least 4. Also a pinion of at least 34. I personally run a 39t and it is more than enough for me.
Are you running that in a Mojave or a K8s?

I currently have a 39t pinion in mine. Are you having any problems at all off the line? By that I mean will it do a burner from a dead stop in the dirt? this problem is driving me crazy.

no. I have the punch to 4, so I full throttle on launch and it takes off. On a fresh pack it wheelies instantly no matter the surface.

no. I have the punch to 4, so I full throttle on launch and it takes off. On a fresh pack it wheelies instantly no matter the surface.
I thought I have already tried that. But I have tried so many things with this it's unbelievable I may have forgot to even do that thank you for the heads up and I will try that tomorrow.

If you motor is the Dynamite Fuze that came in the original DBXLE you will have a hard time getting rid of the cogging. I ran it with a Max5 and it was really bad off the line. Hesitated like crazy.

If you motor is the Dynamite Fuze that came in the original DBXLE you will have a hard time getting rid of the cogging. I ran it with a Max5 and it was really bad off the line. Hesitated like crazy.
Does the current 780kv from the dbxl 2.0 have this cogging issue?

The current dbxl-e has the spectrum 800kv with the same ESC that comes in the K8s. And yeah I had some cogging issues until I turned it down to funch level four my only problem is my battery is getting a little warm but it is a beast.

The current dbxl-e has the spectrum 800kv with the same ESC that comes in the K8s. And yeah I had some cogging issues until I turned it down to funch level four my only problem is my battery is getting a little warm but it is a beast.
According to losi website the dbxl e 2.0 comes with a 780 kv motor.

I am sorry you are right and I meant the 780 not the 800 I need to proofread more before I hit reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back