Mojave Spektrum 160a - No BEC 7.4V option?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon Mega
  5. Vorteks
I have a Spektrum Firma 160a in my Mojave EXB and I installed a Savox SW-1210SG which is 7.4v. I have the Spektrum program card and my ESC only shows 6.0v or 8.4v. There is no 7.4v. I can a firmware update which jumped me from version B3.09 to B4.12, but there is still no 8.4v.

The servo works on 8.4v as a bench test, but I don't want to push too many volts to it and harm my new servo. If I keep it at 6.0v, will I damage the servo from not having enough power to resist the bumps and bashes to the RC?

No 7.4v on the 160a esc.. it will just be a bit slower and underpowered on 6.0v!? Can't really recommend you the 8.4v seeing how it will eventually burn it up or possibly create havoc within the system!!?

I found this I don’t know if it helps but the savox info says 6v is no problem
63ED8CEE-0E95-45FB-8339-4422FB9EE9C2.jpeg
savox’s website says the servo can run on 6v
https://www.savoxusa.com/products/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital#description

I found this I don’t know if it helps but the savox info says 6v is no problem savox’s website says the servo can run on 6v
https://www.savoxusa.com/products/savsw1210sg-waterproof-coreless-digital#description

Oh shoot, you're right! I saw that a couple of days in the servo's manual when I was installing everything but since forgot and was thrown for a loop when I was trying to find the 7.4v.

I suppose I'll stick with 6.0v to be on the safe side and monitor how well this beast of an RC (I've only had it for a few days and ran it twice). Thanks!

Is it too late to exchange the servo for something that can handle 8.4V?

Unfortunately, yes. My local hobby shop has a no-return policy. They claim it's a norm for a lot of hobby shops. This servo acts very well on 6.0 though and didn't give me any grief when I was running some light bashing yesterday and learning how to drive a 1/7th scale from my 1/10th scales.

Keep up on the maintenance and cleanliness and it will last forever!! Lets see it anyway!! 😃

Here she be!

20220701_105048.jpg

No 7.4v on the 160a esc.. it will just be a bit slower and underpowered on 6.0v!? Can't really recommend you the 8.4v seeing how it will eventually burn it up or possibly create havoc within the system!!?

In a Facebook Arrma group, a couple of people just responded there saying they over-volt theirs. One fellow has the identical servo as me and was running his on 8.4v the past 10-12 runs without issues. But like you say, will it be okay after 30 runs? Hard to tell.

I'll keep mine at 6.0v, for now, to be safe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back