Spektrum 2S getting "too warm" under normal use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bscheife

Reaction score
I've got two 2S Spektrum's (50C, 5000 mAh) that I run in my Kraton 6S and my Typhon 3S. They're both within the specs of the ESC (35C min). But they get hella warm when I use them and the smart charger shows me they've both had plenty of "over temperature faults". Anyone know what is going on or experienced similar concerns?

I got them because I felt like I had too much power on 6S in the Kraton, and more than enough on 3S in the Typhon. But the 2S lipos are a bit unsatisfying in both machines, and they're getting too warm. The IR is fine on both of them (around 3 mOhms), and the weather here is not hot at all (in Canada)

I've got two 2S Spektrum's (50C, 5000 mAh) that I run in my Kraton 6S and my Typhon 3S. They're both within the specs of the ESC (35C min). But they get hella warm when I use them and the smart charger shows me they've both had plenty of "over temperature faults". Anyone know what is going on or experienced similar concerns?

I got them because I felt like I had too much power on 6S in the Kraton, and more than enough on 3S in the Typhon. But the 2S lipos are a bit unsatisfying in both machines, and they're getting too warm. The IR is fine on both of them (around 3 mOhms), and the weather here is not hot at all (in Canada)
Check your punch setting, are you overgeared, is your gear mesh/drivetrain binding/showing resistane, are you using an adapter from battery to ESC, are you dipping below 3v per cell? Check these things if you still have issues I don't know what to say. Its normal for LiPos to get slightly warm but if or they get hot or start puffing discharge them to 0v and bring them to a local battery recycle/disposal service.

Last edited:
nope, there's no extra stress that I can think of: new car, stock gearing, no adaptor, not over-discharging. They just seem to have a hard time moving the car around. Maybe 4S is just a bit optimistic for the Kraton and it's better optimized for 6S

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back