SOLD / FOUND Spektrum 3s 4s 6s batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
As I sit here in my 4th hour of discharging a battery into storage mode, I've been thinking about Spektrum Smart batteries. I'm super lazy, and I hate discharging (yes, first world problem; I know 😂). I'm also thinking about getting rid of my traxxas batteries and soldering on EC5 connectors to my Maxx and Xmaxx, that way I only need one charger for those and my notorious.

Anyone have 3s 4s and/or 6s they'd be willing to part with?

Lemme know! Thanks.

Buy yourself a lipo discharger.
I'm a complete noob, and I've never heard of these. I'm going to head to the Google cave to do some research. Thanks!

It looks like my charger only discharges at 665mah max, the HH one can discharge up to 10x faster!

The product description for the HH one says:

Default cut-off voltage and working temperature could be adjusted through sc-linker by PC or by ISDT smart charger

Does that mean I can set it to 3.8v/cell, but I need a computer cable? Does this usually just discharge batteries to low-voltage cutoff? Also, this thing plugs into a regular outlet, correct?

Screenshot_20220210-223805-772.png

It looks like my charger only discharges at 665mah max, the HH one can discharge up to 10x faster!

The product description for the HH one says:

Default cut-off voltage and working temperature could be adjusted through sc-linker by PC or by ISDT smart charger

Does that mean I can set it to 3.8v/cell, but I need a computer cable? Does this usually just discharge batteries to low-voltage cutoff? Also, this thing plugs into a regular outlet, correct?

View attachment 199352
Same concept as the cheap one that you posted. Plug it in. Discharge.
Yes it can be set to a certain voltage.
I'm going to get since this one since it's wireless. Instead of using a pc.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/isdt-fd200-8s-smart-lipo-discharger-25a-200w-isd-fd-200/p999240

As I sit here in my 4th hour of discharging a battery into storage mode, I've been thinking about Spektrum Smart batteries. I'm super lazy, and I hate discharging (yes, first world problem; I know 😂). I'm also thinking about getting rid of my traxxas batteries and soldering on EC5 connectors to my Maxx and Xmaxx, that way I only need one charger for those and my notorious.

Anyone have 3s 4s and/or 6s they'd be willing to part with?

Lemme know! Thanks.
you don't have to do all that soldering a coupler to EC5 would do the job, they make them without wires so it be short.

https://www.amazon.com/OliRC-Female...ocphy=9010351&hvtargid=pla-956250891983&psc=1

you don't have to do all that soldering a coupler to EC5 would do the job, they make them without wires so it be short.

https://www.amazon.com/OliRC-Female...ocphy=9010351&hvtargid=pla-956250891983&psc=1
I'd do that, but as a noob, I thought adapters were bad?
Same concept as the cheap one that you posted. Plug it in. Discharge.
Yes it can be set to a certain voltage.
I'm going to get since this one since it's wireless. Instead of using a pc.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/isdt-fd200-8s-smart-lipo-discharger-25a-200w-isd-fd-200/p999240
I'm thinking about ordering that FD-200 as well. I wish there was an xt60 to EC5 and TRX octopus. Adapters are $10 on Amazon and $4 on Ali, but I don't want to wait 2 months! If I want cheap adapters delivered fast, am I stuck with Amazon?

The ISDT100 Discharger uses the connected lipo for power and stops working when storage voltage is reached. You still need to choose how many cells and the amps but you don't need to connect it to a computer to set it up as 3.8V per cell is the factory setting. I still place the lipo in a lipo bag just in case something happens. I own two and have never had an issue and I think the poor reviews (see Amazon) are due to the internals getting too hot from use/overuse and/or air flow to and from the unit being blocked. I've had mine for a few years with no issues. The only downside is the thing gets loud because of the fan and there is the need to give it a break when hot but I think they are worth every penny as time is money and waiting sucks. There is a new version of the discharger the ISDT 200, the 100 is being discontinued so you might see a decent deal on them. PM me if you have questions.

Where was that memo about adapters being bad? And if you can solder you can make an adapter.

Question:

Is there any unit where you can charge both EC5 and the Traxxas plug (the one where the balance lead is integrated into the main plug), and discharge both? Like an all in one unit? I'm going to have like 3 chargers and a discharger now.

20220211_121858.jpg

Most LiPo chargers are limited to like a 10W discharge rate, up to like 0.5A. At that rate, it's going to take forever to burn through 3000 mAh to get a full battery down to storage voltage.

I've used one of these balancer/dischargers for years, it works great. 150W of discharge power takes care of most batteries within a half hour down to storage voltage. It was a little cumbersome to use but then I found a 3D printed file for a case online and commissioned it through one of the sites.

I'd post a link but I'm apparently too new? It comes with an XT60 plug, I made a deans adapter but you could also just get one of those octopus charging leads that has all the different battery connector types on it. It would be pretty universal then.

AOK 3-IN-1 Lipo Battery 150W Discharger, Lipo Voltage Tester, Lipo Battery Balancer​

Thank you all for the suggestions! I ended up going with the FD200 and buying adapters to discharge my Traxxas and EC5 batteries and also charge them both (had to buy EC5 to TRX on Amazon) with my Spektrum S2200 G2. Now I can sell both my Traxxas EZ Live Peak chargers 🙂

You guys rock! This is a super helpful community, and I appreciate it

Screenshot_20220211-144745~2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back