Spektrum AVC Receiver help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought for those to work properly they need to be face up. Does the avc work properly with it like that?
Absolutely, plus it been installed with two-sided tape and it works awesome on my Notorious especially with my SRC Belted tires that I have on her!
thumbnail (1).jpg

I have the 6100 rx in my Senton 3s. The 6100 is made to be water proof, or at least resistant. I cut out the end of the rx box so the rx would lay flat, face up. The terminal end faces the motor and the ant fits perfectly in the stock ant tube. I like that I can plug in my motor fan without removing the ESC. I don't drive thru standing water anyway, so i'm fine with the rx being exposed.

I thought for those to work properly they need to be face up. Does the avc work properly with it like that?
AVC according to Spektrum Will work in a flat down position or on its side. The Internal gyro just needs to see a vertical or horizontal X Y Axis to calibrate and operate as intended. The instructions are very clear on this. I have my AVC Rx's mounted both ways in 3 different rigs. No issues. Bind in place (mounted) or you will pull your hair out.

Last edited:
Which Spektrum AVC receivers fit in the Arrma receiver box? I’m looking at the DX5C or Rugged transmitters and need some guidance please.

I was also looking for answers regarding the SR6100AT Receiver.
I purchased the Spektrum RC DX5C 5-Channel DSMR Surface Radio w/SR6100AT Receiver for my Senton 4X4 3S BLX 4WD. Thanks to the forum and the hobby store I purchased the system from, I'm confident I can install the receiver in my vehicle. I was told I can either mount it vertically (bind in place) or cut the box opening to fit if needed to lay flat. I'm not going to modify the box and will be mounting it standing on the side as per manufacturer recommendations. I receive the radio and receiver today so I will know soon if it actually fits without modification.

Last edited:
Good News: Okay, I just installed vertically and it fits. YAY!
Bad News: I went through the steps to bind and the steering simple will not work correctly. The throttle works. ARGH!

I've watched several YourTube videos and discovered two different opinions.
One video (causally indicates that a DIGITAL server is required). I've also been told by the online hobby store I purchased it from indicated it is not required but might affect performance.
So, I'm not sure if...
a) I'm binding it wrong
b) The connectors are not inserted in the correct slot
c) It requires a digital servo

Stumped>
The manual shows the cable pins IDs different from what is printed on the actual part. Very odd.

Now I need to research what servo to purchase. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE. SR6100AT Receiver and (?? Digital Servo ??)
What started as a simple upgrade is getting complicated.

You must use a digital servo, the other ones will either destroy the receiver or get destroyed due to overheating.
Ds3225 Servo is cheap, strong and works at 6V. Feel free to pick any other. I use these and more than pleased with them.

On Binding, read and follow the instructions include the throttle and steering movement calibration. Look at the lights etc. Finnicky but works when done right.
Make sure that all trims at '0' prior the bind and do not fiddle with them after the fact. Every time you touch a trim or change a rate you have to rebind.
Watch this and it will walk you through it

Connectors, well just insert into the right slot ?, they are labelled for a reason. THR and STR

You must use a digital servo, the other ones will either destroy the receiver or get destroyed due to overheating.
Ds3225 Servo is cheap, strong and works at 6V. Feel free to pick any other. I use these and more than pleased with them.

On Binding, read and follow the instructions include the throttle and steering movement calibration. Look at the lights etc. Finnicky but works when done right.
Make sure that all trims at '0' prior the bind and do not fiddle with them after the fact. Every time you touch a trim or change a rate you have to rebind.
Watch this and it will walk you through it

Connectors, well just insert into the right slot ?, they are labelled for a reason. THR and STR
Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure I fried the stock version since I swapped back the receiver and it is no longer working. I'm fine with that since I figured I would need to get a digital version. I suppose it would be nice as a part to use for building out a new vehicle, oh well. I'll look at the Ds3225 Servo.
Do I want this one?
https://www.amazon.com/DS3225-Corel...+Servo&qid=1592608037&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

Last edited:
Oh well, already ordered it. I wanted to receive it soon.
At least I know it is the exact size, so fit will not be an issue.

tHANKS @jkflow !!

@Mr.Vylan -
If you want to know everything about your set up, check out part 1 and part 2, of these two videos! Thats how I was able to figure it out plus learn all of the modes! Hope it helps brother all the best...

PART 1

PART 2
[/QUOTE]

An analogue servo will not get fried from a simple binding process to the AVC Rx. An analogue servo will just be worked harder and less accurately with an AVC Rx. Nor will the Rx get fried. AVC requires a digital servo to keep up with the gyro fast and will work less accurately with analogue and probably cause ST oscillation problems being slower to respond to gyro ST corrections. In the long term, yes an analogue servo will overheat sooner than later running AVC. There is user error to the above mentioned issues. Steering is ALWAYS on channel 1. TH. Always Ch. 2.. reversing the polarity of the F plugs incorrectly into the Rx. will NOT damage anything at all. The servo will simply not respond. Contrary to popular belief. Just wanted to clear up misinformation here. Glad that everything worked out. :cool: ?

Last edited:
I cut out this section and it allows the receiver to slide in perfectly and the antenna to be closer to the mount as its not that long. I used a piece of foam similar to whats in the other corner to protect from water but the receiver is water resistant so it should be fine regardless. Id prefer to get rid of the whole box if I could.

Attachments

• IMG_5146.JPG
    IMG_5146.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 59
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back