Spektrum AVC Receiver help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Which Spektrum AVC receivers fit in the Arrma receiver box? I’m looking at the DX5C or Rugged transmitters and need some guidance please.

Lol, that’s what I’m asking. Which Spektrum surface receiver with full AVC fit in the Arrma receiver box?
SRS4220 receiver or SRS6000? If both do does one have an advantage over the other in regards to range?

I’m planning on getting the DX5C or DX5 Rugged transmitter.

Oh, if model car, V3 Typhon 6S. I figured the receiver boxes were the same on every car.

It fits in the v3 box, the v2 is too small.
AVC works great, i use it on my Baja Flux 8s 2wd and without it that thing is all over the place.
Also used it in the Typhon but it didn't really make a difference. The Typhon is a very steady rc by itself.

How did you like the AVC in that car? Is it worth it?

If you want to go really fast, yes I think it helps. For regular bashing I like the back end to get loose so I would turn it off. The only reason I had the receiver was because it came with the Spektrum Dx5C.

Run a spektrum sr6000t in my Kraton, senton, x-bug x-maxx, and will install in my typhon gt8 build. No problems with fitment.

Well, I just bought the DX5C w/receiver for my Mojove. And guess what. They now come with the 6100AT receivers. And they do not fit in the receiver box for it. Same receiver box that goes for all the 6S systems. Truly bummed. Anybody have any ideas of what I can do? I really wanted it for the Mojave since it can be a little squirly when you run it.

Trust me. The new receiver doesn’t fit. I had to put a traxxas receiver box and move the battery tray back so it would fit.
On another note, does AVC slow the car down? It seems since I swapped out the stock receiver and transmitter, that it is a little slower then it was with the stock. I made sure I calibrated the receiver correctly during the bind process. Is there anything else I should do to make sure I get the most out of my Mojave?

Attachments

• 469CA5C5-D2CC-4CCC-80C3-42B53CE2D32C.jpeg
    469CA5C5-D2CC-4CCC-80C3-42B53CE2D32C.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 992BD84E-3C84-46FE-B80A-DFE9263A901E.jpeg
    992BD84E-3C84-46FE-B80A-DFE9263A901E.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 116
Try turning TH Priority up and TH Gain down. You don't want much TH AVC if any at all. It will reduce power to accommodate traction. Bashing on dirt requires wheelspin and some drifting, which TH AVC tries to cancel out. The motor appears to want to bog down for split seconds here and there. Some even think it is the LVC or battery . It is not. But you want that complete control. ST AVC I have set to 30%. A lot of guys don't like any AVC and disable it. I like playing with it. I use the SRS6000 with my DX5C. On 3 models. Tekno Mt410, Limitless and TC.
You need to adjust this through your AVC menu screen on the TX. The manual and a few Spektrum YT videos explain best. There is a learning curve. AVC is not Plug and Play as most think.

Last edited:
Awesome. I will give that a try. I only had the throttle gain at +10 but I will bring it to 0. And I will check the priority and make that is at 100 percent which it should be. Thank you for the info.

Quick question ? I bought the SpektrumRC DX5C remote for my 6s #Notorious stunt truck but for some reason when i LET off the throttle at high speeds it wobbles really bad moving forward! In the manual it says to lower the gains on the AVC option but I tried that and can't figure it out for the life of me and I starting to get a little frustrated ???.. Would you be so kind and help me solve this problem since this is my go to 6s rig that i drive the most out of my 3s #Typhon and my 6s #KRATON? I even tried to turn off the AVE totally but still have wobble issues! Let me know your thoughts and concerns?

Attachments

• Spektrum DX5C remote.jpeg
    Spektrum DX5C remote.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Spektrum DX5C remote manual.jpeg
    Spektrum DX5C remote manual.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Custom 6s Outcast Body.jpeg
    Custom 6s Outcast Body.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 69
Trust me. The new receiver doesn’t fit. I had to put a traxxas receiver box and move the battery tray back so it would fit.
On another note, does AVC slow the car down? It seems since I swapped out the stock receiver and transmitter, that it is a little slower then it was with the stock. I made sure I calibrated the receiver correctly during the bind process. Is there anything else I should do to make sure I get the most out of my Mojave?
Did you figure a way out of this with the 6100at? Just landed my kraton 6s and went to swap to realize it doesn't fit, now im stuck with the 6100t and dx5c and no way to mount it? Help.

It's a tight fit but you have to do a little work. You will need a tiny screwdriver and a very small drillbit.
Open the receiver (those tiny screws), rotate the receiver antenna wire 90 degrees, drill a tiny hole into the receiver housing where the antenna now ends up. Close receiver with the screws. Now you are ready to install this in the box, it will fit lengthwise, very tight fit.
Another hole in the receiver box to get the antenna to the outside.

1587653400025.png

harv666 - I have the DX5C and the SR6100AT DSMR 6-Channel AVC Telemetry Surface Receiver and instead of how jkflow has his installed, I did it the other way on my #v3 #KRATON and had no issues what so ever! Its a tight fit but it does fit, see below:

1592564083392.png

With that Rx, if you ARE Using AVC (not disabled) you need this Rx to be mounted stationary with not even a bit of movement within the Rx box. Glue, Servo tape or similar must be used. Just finding that it squeezes into the box tightly is NOT enough insurance for a properly mounted AVC Rx. ST Oscillation issues will occur if this Rx is not rigidly mounted to the Chassis/Rx box.:cool:

harv666 - I have the DX5C and the SR6100AT DSMR 6-Channel AVC Telemetry Surface Receiver and instead of how jkflow has his installed, I did it the other way on my #v3 #KRATON and had no issues what so ever! Its a tight fit but it does fit, see below:

View attachment 86220
I thought for those to work properly they need to be face up. Does the avc work properly with it like that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back