Spektrum big block?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFM

Beast mode activated
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
Searching for an alternative to the hobbywing max6 combo. I already have the 4985s in one rig and I want the same power set up but I’d like to utilize the spektrum telemetry data.
which would be a good spektrum set up for 1/6-1/7 scale? Anyone running this?

Searching for an alternative to the hobbywing max6 combo. I already have the 4985s in one rig and I want the same power set up but I’d like to utilize the spektrum telemetry data.
which would be a good spektrum set up for 1/6-1/7 scale? Anyone running this?
Do you mean the 1250kv motor with the 160 Firma esc?

If so, I have one in my O8S and also one in my kraton xl. As well as one in my infractionless..

If so, I have one in my O8S and also one in my kraton xl. As well as one in my infractionless..

How do you like it in the Kraton 6S? I am considering either the Firma 150 with 2050 or Firma 160 with 1250 as an eventual replacement in my Kraton 6S

Is the 160/1250 borderline too much for the Kraton 6S for general bashing? I don't have tons of driving experience yet, but I'm starting to think I could handle a bit more power than the stock setup.

Thanks!

How do you like it in the Kraton 6S? I am considering either the Firma 150 with 2050 or Firma 160 with 1250 as an eventual replacement in my Kraton 6S

Is the 160/1250 borderline too much for the Kraton 6S for general bashing? I don't have tons of driving experience yet, but I'm starting to think I could handle a bit more power than the stock setup.

Thanks!
I haven’t gotten the kraton xl on the road quite yet.. it’s ready, the weather has just been kinda spotty so it hasn’t seen the pavement. To answer your question I’d say yes this is a borderline too big of a setup for general bashing. It will add a lot of weight to your vehicle as well so keep that in mind. My kraton XL has the EXB setup on it and it also has Mojave suspension so this helps compensate for that extra weight. Check it out here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-exb-“xl”.24062/
The latest details are towards the end...
I will try and get it out soon and report.

I think so. My talion is 1/7 so I want the power w gearing options. I’ve got the hobbywing 4985s in my Mojave running 25/46 gearing and it’s absolutely insane! So I want similar power and gearing options. Wasn’t sure if the firma160 was enough to handle the 1250 or if that’s what spektrum pair it as like the max6 combo. Sick build by the way. What rear body posts (red tubes) are you using

I think so. My talion is 1/7 so I want the power w gearing options. I’ve got the hobbywing 4985s in my Mojave running 25/46 gearing and it’s absolutely insane! So I want similar power and gearing options. Wasn’t sure if the firma160 was enough to handle the 1250 or if that’s what spektrum pair it as like the max6 combo. Sick build by the way. What rear body posts (red tubes) are you using
Hey thanks bro, I did those Extensions in the beginning. They were an integy extension arm. I don’t remember the size tho ?

The spektrum combo is pretty stout, i think it’s pretty comparable to the max 6 combo for sure.

If you plan on running the heatsink and fan combo on the spektrum motor, you’ll have to trim 2 fins on the heatsink to get it to work with the 6s line chassis..

Last edited:

Hey thanks bro, I did those Extensions in the beginning. They were an integy extension arm. I don’t remember the size tho ?

The spektrum combo is pretty stout, i think it’s pretty comparable to the max 6 combo for sure.

If you plan on running the heatsink and fan combo on the spektrum motor, you’ll have to trim 2 fins on the heatsink to get it to work with the 6s line chassis..

good stuff. So what combo would that be? The spektrum one?

I personally wouldn't put anything under 1900KV in a 6S Kraton unless I was looking to speed run the thing. Power will be almost unusable. You want some power band and not just straight to wheelie all the time.

I personally wouldn't put anything under 1900KV in a 6S Kraton unless I was looking to speed run the thing. Power will be almost unusable. You want some power band and not just straight to wheelie all the time.
Isn’t that what throttle control is for? You can also use a myriad of electronic controls to limit power delivery. Punch, EPA, etc

Isn’t that what throttle control is for? You can also use a myriad of electronic controls to limit power delivery. Punch, EPA, etc
I was just gonna say throttle control haha. Beat me to it JD.. I get what skids is saying tho. But me personally I love the raw torque. I compare it to real cars like a turbo 4 cyl with monster power and a v8 muscle car that’s naturally aspirated with the same amount of power .. the 4cyl builds Boost and is kinda like a sling shot effect and the V8 is just up in your face rawr.. ??

It’s early for the graveyard worker, Sunday’s - Monday’s are the worst!

I suppose, but you're paying for alot of extra power at that point that just I personally would just limit out.

I suppose, but you're paying for alot of extra power at that point that just I personally would just limit out.
I find it very useful in the air. It did take me some time to get used to how easy it was to control the EXB in the air with the 1717 power, but I quickly realized how a lack of that instant power on my other rigs has lead me to crash them more. You get used to being able to rotate it at the last second and save a bad landing. Can’t do that without the absurd power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back