Felony Spektrum dx3 firmware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVJ007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So anyone installed the bt2000 module and If so have you managed to get it to work. For me - I downloaded the Spektrum app with the new update. Plugged in the module turned on the transmitter and it immediately did a firmware update. Then the app shut down and only now opens for a second or two and shuts down. The Bluetooth module now just flashes 2 slow flashes pauses. 2 slow flashes etc etc.
Was thinking of maybe resetting the transmitter firmware back to what it was when it came out the box.

or has anyone got any other suggestions on the app.
Oh and the app update from the AppStore has disappeared when I look at the app updates. It shows all my updates for the day the week.
earlier today there was a Spektrum update for my app. Now the app update has disappeared? Any ideas.
Or is Spektrum doing a recall on the app update. Someone in USA says his is working fine?
Please help

So anyone installed the bt2000 module and If so have you managed to get it to work. For me - I downloaded the Spektrum app with the new update. Plugged in the module turned on the transmitter and it immediately did a firmware update. Then the app shut down and only now opens for a second or two and shuts down. The Bluetooth module now just flashes 2 slow flashes pauses. 2 slow flashes etc etc.
Was thinking of maybe resetting the transmitter firmware back to what it was when it came out the box.

or has anyone got any other suggestions on the app.
Oh and the app update from the AppStore has disappeared when I look at the app updates. It shows all my updates for the day the week.
earlier today there was a Spektrum update for my app. Now the app update has disappeared? Any ideas.
Or is Spektrum doing a recall on the app update. Someone in USA says his is working fine?
Please help

I did not know they released it yet....was something I was interested in getting...hoping it works correctly.

I would highly recommend reaching out to this guy on YouTube as he seems to have a good understand of the bt2000. Also Spektrum just released a video on the bt2000 module. Maybe dropping a comment to them as well.

I put the bt2000 in my dx3 this week. It updated the firmware in my transmitter also. I was getting glitches, car running and then dead stop and then running again. So, I removed the bt2000 and car ran again with no problems. I decided to put the bt2000 back into my transmitter yesterday and it ran perfect thru about 3 batteries. The only thing I figure is that maybe it wasn't seated well enough the first time in or else yesterday was a fluke and I am gonna have more problems. If I have more problems I am just gonna chuck the dang thing. I run into crap trying to watch that screen anyway :) :).

On another note, when it's working your car will fly faster than anybody else who is not running one of these bt2000's. After a quick run look at your top speed and you will find that maybe you ran 200-300 mph or so. Dang that's fast. Might need to fact check that with a gps device or your phone mounted to the car.

I put the bt2000 in my dx3 this week. It updated the firmware in my transmitter also. I was getting glitches, car running and then dead stop and then running again. So, I removed the bt2000 and car ran again with no problems. I decided to put the bt2000 back into my transmitter yesterday and it ran perfect thru about 3 batteries. The only thing I figure is that maybe it wasn't seated well enough the first time in or else yesterday was a fluke and I am gonna have more problems. If I have more problems I am just gonna chuck the dang thing. I run into crap trying to watch that screen anyway :) :).

On another note, when it's working your car will fly faster than anybody else who is not running one of these bt2000's. After a quick run look at your top speed and you will find that maybe you ran 200-300 mph or so. Dang that's fast. Might need to fact check that with a gps device or your phone mounted to the car.

How is it working

I installed the BT2000 into my new DX3 and car/transmitter operates very nice. ONLY issue is the lights on the DX3 do not show battery juice left in battery. Got on text with HH but they are not helpful to overcome. Have all firmware updates in place. I was only using one battery during this event but figured that should not affect the lights not coming on. Any suggestions ??????????????

I installed the BT2000 into my new DX3 and car/transmitter operates very nice. ONLY issue is the lights on the DX3 do not show battery juice left in battery. Got on text with HH but they are not helpful to overcome. Have all firmware updates in place. I was only using one battery during this event but figured that should not affect the lights not coming on. Any suggestions ??????????????

BT2000 is nice but it is buggy for sure. A simple test is to take it out and see if the lights come back on if you are using a Spektrum smart battery....battery lights do not work with other batteries. The BT2000 have created some strange issues if you read and look about so I feel it an idea with good intentions but like most Spektrum stuff they are not working on bugs or updates...

BT2000 is nice but it is buggy for sure. A simple test is to take it out and see if the lights come back on if you are using a Spektrum smart battery....battery lights do not work with other batteries. The BT2000 have created some strange issues if you read and look about so I feel it an idea with good intentions but like most Spektrum stuff they are not working on bugs or updates...
Hey... appreciate the followup.... Discovered my problem.... The car is new and Im getting use to it.... I had the battery plugged into the orange/orange cable instead of the orange/black cable. BINGO.... transmitter is showing battery balance now. I will keep your suggestion in mind going fwd due to the reported flaws in the BT2000. Thanks again...

Are these BT2000 still having strange problems? I have a DX3 transmitter on the way and thought this might be a fun add on but I don't wanna brick the DX3. Can you roll back firmware on them if it has problems?

I tried reading the docs for the BT2000 but they're pretty limited on info.

Are these BT2000 still having strange problems? I have a DX3 transmitter on the way and thought this might be a fun add on but I don't wanna brick the DX3. Can you roll back firmware on them if it has problems?

I tried reading the docs for the BT2000 but they're pretty limited on info.
In my personal experience with two of them and DX3 I was not happy. The firmware update is only for the BT, not the DX3 but I did not see a way to roll it back...could be possible. Sad Spektrum starts a lot of stuff but never supports or finish a lot of their stuff.

Notice...there is not a lot of talk about the BT module here.

Thanks @parcou that's a bummer, looked like something fun to play with. I wonder if my BLX RTR electronics could even send any telemetry anyway.
I got the bt2000 for my dx3 and vorteks. Im using android and it installed fine. The problem for me is the app crashes no mater how you shut it down. It'll work once or twice then when you try to open it, it says it crashed and I have to change the display to kmh (I'm in canada) and adjust the rollout again. It takes almost no time to do but it should not have to be done

Screenshot_20220120-201733~2.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back