Infraction Spektrum dx3 with sr6100at Problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello arrma friends. i have a problem with my original control from the infraction spectrum dx3 with sr6100at receiver. i have reset the dx3 to factory settings since then it no longer works. binding is not possible even with deactivated avc. the steering only accepts commands very roughly and doesn't make any jerky movements. It's not the servo because I have several. Can someone please give me a tip on what I can try. Many thanks in advance. LG Harry

Try this!?

Screenshot_20220925-004649_Gmail.jpg

Thank you for your answer, but I tried what you wrote to me, so it is also in the instructions. I am sure that no parts are defective. Isn't there another possibility? The problem has only existed since I reset the factory settings made .lg harry

Does the receiver LED blink to show that it is in binding mode?

If you’ve been able to bind are you completing the calibration steps (with AVC on)?

ja es blinkt und leuchtet dann orange nur vollgas neutral dann bremse neutral links rechts das geht nicht. Lenkservo macht nur ruckartige Bewegungen. Ich habe mehrere Servos ausprobiert, immer das gleiche. LG Harry
yes it flashes and then lights up orange only full throttle neutral then brake neutral left right that doesn't work. Steering servo only makes jerky movements. I've tried several servos, always the same. LG Harry

Hello again. video will not work because i speak different language than you. i speak german. i'll try to explain that to you again. the receiver goes into bind mode normally, then i hold the bind button on the controller and switch on the controller, then it binds normally and the orange led lights up continuously. then you have to calibrate full throttle pause backwards pause full right then left then it should be ready or calibrate the controller afterwards. only that doesn't work. until binding, then nothing more. steering reacts very jerkily only and only to the right. unfortunately I will have to buy a new system. Thank you very much for your time and help. LG Harry

Hello again. video will not work because i speak different language than you. i speak german. i'll try to explain that to you again. the receiver goes into bind mode normally, then i hold the bind button on the controller and switch on the controller, then it binds normally and the orange led lights up continuously. then you have to calibrate full throttle pause backwards pause full right then left then it should be ready or calibrate the controller afterwards. only that doesn't work. until binding, then nothing more. steering reacts very jerkily only and only to the right. unfortunately I will have to buy a new system. Thank you very much for your time and help. LG Harry

I think I am following you so forgive me if I am not...

When I did have the DX3 I had an issue finishing calibration because I had the knobs on the radio in the wrong place. I took a pic so I could remember where they needed to be to complete a calibration. Might not be your issue but wanted to share this pic of how I needed the radio to be....otherwise I could not complete a full calibration...you MUST complete the AVC process which is the full forward/reverse/left/right...etc for a proper bind

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 5.56.34 PM.png

OR...disable AVC. See this video and you know it is disabled because the yellow light will stay one meaning AVC is disabled. Radio does NOT need to be on to do this.... see at 2:22min in all about pressing the button on the receiver to disable AVC.

Last you will do a simple bind but with NO AVC steps for calibration to see if you can bind this way.

Last edited:
i bought a used dx3 yesterday and it worked immediately with my sr6100at receiver. as i feared, the dx3 was defective. you must not reset vei dueser control to factory setting because it then no longer works. hold the brake, hold the steering to the left, then switch it on is factory setting. I would be really interested in what spectrum says about it. Thanks anyway.

I am having the exact same problem as you. I have a brand new Kraton 8s. I ran it once briefly right out the box and it had no braking at all and reverse was working only intermittently so I followed the instructions and videos dozens of times and get the same result as you! I did reset it to factory defaults a few times unfortunately. Not sure what I can do from here.....
i bought a used dx3 yesterday and it worked immediately with my sr6100at receiver. as i feared, the dx3 was defective. you must not reset vei dueser control to factory setting because it then no longer works. hold the brake, hold the steering to the left, then switch it on is factory setting. I would be really interested in what spectrum says about it. Thanks anyway.

I am having the exact same problem as you. I have a brand new Kraton 8s. I ran it once briefly right out the box and it had no braking at all and reverse was working only intermittently so I followed the instructions and videos dozens of times and get the same result as you! I did reset it to factory defaults a few times unfortunately. Not sure what I can do from here.....
As mentioned above, disable AVC on the receiver and then try to bind and recalibrate.
And welcome to the forum!

As mentioned above, disable AVC on the receiver and then try to bind and recalibrate.
And welcome to the forum!
Hi there, thanks for the welcome into the forum and quick response! I disabled AVC and I am getting throttle and breaking now but the steering is jiggling left and right randomly and i can only turn right ( at least the wheels are returning to center now and not cranking all the way left before I deactivated AVC. I feel like i must be doing something wrong as its slightly better now.... I factory reset the dx3 again and went through all the procedures and am still getting the same results though.

Hi there, thanks for the welcome into the forum and quick response! I disabled AVC and I am getting throttle and breaking now but the steering is jiggling left and right randomly and i can only turn right ( at least the wheels are returning to center now and not cranking all the way left before I deactivated AVC. I feel like i must be doing something wrong as its slightly better now.... I factory reset the dx3 again and went through all the procedures and am still getting the same results though.
Although I don’t have experience with this issue with a DX3, it was suggested that resetting it to factory specs could contribute to the problem. Make sure the knobs on the radio are set correctly (trim to zero, DR to 100%) and give it a try. Good luck, and keep us posted!

@Magnetarhead have you tried updating the DX3 with the latest software?

You can do the update with a Bluetooth module or with the usb cable.
I tried both ways and they both work okay.

The factory default might revert to an old software version that has issues (just a guess, I do not know for sure).

I have also updated the RX as well (don’t know if it’s required in your case but it had some AVC update (autocalibration).

It might not fix your issue. But I just thought I would mention the SW update.

Good luck.

This is a hypothesis, so take it with a pinch of salt. My first two Arrma cars I bought were both sitting in their respective companies (rcgeeks and modelsport) warehouses for over a year(i ve seen the label from Horizon Hobby Germany on the boxes). So I believe they might just occasionally break sitting there for year+

The factory default might revert to an old software version that has issues (just a guess, I do not know for sure).

I have also updated the RX as well (don’t know if it’s required in your case but it had some AVC update (autocalibration).

Good luck.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will give them a go today and let you know how its works out...

I ordered the blue tooth module and it "successfully" updated from 1.5 to 1.6 - absolutely no change. I went through the setup many times again and now its time to go another route as I have spent WAY to much time on this. I'm probably going try another dx3 transmitter as I like many of its features and never had an issue like this from spectrum ever before.

Good luck.
Hello, how did you updated the rx and tx? Which component did you used?
Thanx!

Back