Spektrum DX4C DSMR Remote. Is it worth buying for $50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
A friend came to me today selling some of his stuff. He has a Spektrum DX4C DSMR want to sell for $50 very good condition

I think this is an older radio. Never even thought of using one until he asked me today. I have four Arrma RCs, Infraction v1, Felony, BR v3, and Granite BLX v2. Is it worth it or just add the money to something newer "if" I wanted to go with one remote...is it old tech vs new tech that's out? What about AVC control?

Thx

It's not horrible for $50, but how many radios do you want to have around? It's DSMR technology which is good, but were it me, I'd just by a DX5C and call it good. The DX5C has "smart" technology if you're into getting telemetry from your Felony. The DX5C also has a larger display with better visual ergonomics.

Its rather old tech with limited display features. If it was <$25. maybe I would give it a second look. But $50. doesn't look like any great deal to me. And the newer Spektrum"Smart" DX5C is only $110. without receiver. And also does AVC and Telemetry, Smart Tech. with much more control and features. It is Firmware/Raceware updatable. And is future proof. The older DSMR protocol DX4c is not supported by Spektrum any longer. The newer DSMR radios have faster Frame rates (quicker response to input) My thoughts. Your call...Good luck.

:cool: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMR5115

Have DX5C also. Pre-Smart version. But it was updated to the latest Raceware recently. A big update. Added screens etc. I also have the Flysky Noble and Radiolink RC6GS. The Noble doesn't have the longest range unfortunatley compared to my Spektrum and probably the Radio link. Some food for thought. The Noble is more suited for Track use( short distances). But feature wise and Frame rate wise, the Noble is the best among the 3. It's just not good for speed running, distance wise. But the Noble does has voice prompts to let you know you've reached its range limit. The specs of the Noble are accurate however and their advertised range is pretty much dead on correct. I don't have my Radio link set up yet, but others feel its range is the best if range matters to you. It does have an external antenna FWIW.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back