Spektrum DX4S and AVC Arrma Nero w/ Brain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samtheman

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Is there a way to use my Spektrum DX4S with a 4210 RX? I don't want to give up the brain functionality, but using a stock radio is not desirable. If I can't use the Spektrum, I'd even be willing to buy another radio, I know other options have gyros, but I really like AVC. Has anyone tried this yet?

Officially there are no spare channels on the dx4s (or dx4c) when using avc, its gain settings takes up both auxiliary channels. You can use avc with a 2 channel transmitter, like the dx2s, but the gains both get locked at 50%. I'm not sure how, but maybe you could somehow trick it into working like that?

Of course you could always bind it into blinky mode which turns it into a standard 4 channel receiver but you loose the avc. If it were me, I would keep the avc and set up a manual switch for the diff. I don't have a Nero but I can't imagine I would be switching that diff too often.

Officially there are no spare channels on the dx4s (or dx4c) when using avc, its gain settings takes up both auxiliary channels. You can use avc with a 2 channel transmitter, like the dx2s, but the gains both get locked at 50%. I'm not sure how, but maybe you could somehow trick it into working like that?

Of course you could always bind it into blinky mode which turns it into a standard 4 channel receiver but you loose the avc. If it were me, I would keep the avc and set up a manual switch for the diff. I don't have a Nero but I can't imagine I would be switching that diff too often.

Thoughts for a manual switch?

tower has the following radios listed with the nero...maybe there is something about them that makes them work with the diff brain...not sure...maybe something in the radio specs can give you some clues ...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXELCK&P=NW

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFWGC&P=NW

my wife happens to be an Electrical Engineer and this is her field...robotics...radio...etc........nothing unusual there since we all have smart spouses...and partners...useful to us all in every way....i will be sure to ask her because she would just be thrilled at the idea of me considering spending more money on this toy that I enjoy so much...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back