Spektrum DX5 pro steering trim question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Right now steering trim is on switch B. I want to switch it to the knob. When I go into trim assignment, it will only allow me to assign switch A-D. Knob isn't an option. Any ideas how to straighten this out? Thanks.

In case this is searched in the future, I called Horizon and it doesn't allow you to use the knob for the steering trim. Only channels A-D. Makes absolutely no sense for a transmitter that is supposed to do it all.

In case this is searched in the future, I called Horizon and it doesn't allow you to use the knob for the steering trim. Only channels A-D. Makes absolutely no sense for a transmitter that is supposed to do it all.
it does make sense as you don't have a single model where you would lock the dial to a model - with a multi model transmitter, the dial could change. only option to lock it is not to use a dial but an option to lock it to a switch ... you would need a freely rotating dial for this to be able to lock it to a setting not a scaled one like on the transmitter ... but you could design it like that ... but I hope this explains it

Last edited:
it does make sense as you don't have a single model where you would lock the dial to a model - with a multi model transmitter, the dial could change only option to lock it is not to use a dial but an option to lock it to a switch ... you would need a freely rotating dial for this to be able to lock it to a setting not a scaled one like on the transmitter ... but you could design it like that ... but I hope this explains it

I understand what you're saying. I would still rather have the trim on the knob and just adjust it real quick before each run for each model. But I get why they do that now. Makes sense. Thanks.

I have a similar question. Just purchased a DX5 Pro for my Kraton 6S. How do you assign the knob - I don’t see the ability anywhere in the menus? It does beep when I move it, so what is it programmed for by default? Thanks.

I have a similar question. Just purchased a DX5 Pro for my Kraton 6S. How do you assign the knob - I don’t see the ability anywhere in the menus? It does beep when I move it, so what is it programmed for by default? Thanks.

I ended up calling Horizon on this. You can't assign a knob for steering trim. I left it on switch B I believe.

And I believe the default steering trim is switch B. But you can change that to other non knob switches. It's a little annoying but it's a great radio. The ability to adjust expo on the steering is very helpful in some models.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back