Spektrum DX5 radio differences ..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I'm not too familiar with Spektrum other than the radio in my Infraction and the ?? one in my Kraton that got replaced with a Tactic asap..!! Thinking of an upgrade..?

What are the main differences between the DX5c and DX5 Rugged..??

Other than the obvious, like one's rugged..?

Ed says the one he has has issues with the buttons and scroll knobs. Let’s ask him to chime in

@bicketybam
The DX5C has similar issues. The mode/roller/select button is irritating to use. They really need to separate the roll/select buttons. Sounds stupid, but in real world, it's annoying to use as you tend to select when you don't want to, or I do... The lack of a charge port is annoying, I don't think either have a charge port. Not sure how else the DX5C differs though.

The DX5C has similar issues. The mode/roller/select button is irritating to use. They really need to separate the roll/select buttons. Sounds stupid, but in real world, it's annoying to use as you tend to select when you don't want to, or I do... The lack of a charge port is annoying, I don't think either have a charge port. Not sure how else the DX5C differs though.
^this :mad: that scroll wheel makes me want to punch babies sometimes.

You should check out the Futaba lineup... seriously they make amazing radio equipment.
Really wish I would have went Futaba, but the Spektrum receivers are less than $20 so.

Only staying with Spektrum because of the AVC on the Infraction..?

I remember how good Futaba were when I was a youngster in the days of Acoms and my Tamiya's ? Futaba's were so expensive back then..!!

I'm not too familiar with Spektrum other than the radio in my Infraction and the ?? one in my Kraton that got replaced with a Tactic asap..!! Thinking of an upgrade..?

What are the main differences between the DX5c and DX5 Rugged..??

Other than the obvious, like one's rugged..?
Other than the water resistance and the rubber pieces, the only difference is the scroll pad. The pad can be a challenge to use. I'm used to it by now but it was tough in the beginning.

Other than the water resistance and the rubber pieces, the only difference is the scroll pad. The pad can be a challenge to use. I'm used to it by now but it was tough in the beginning.

@bicketybam ... Do you think the rugged its truly worth the increase in price over the standard DX5 then..??

Are any of the other radios available on Jenny's comparable or better that the Tactic TTX300?? Needing a new radio and the TTX300 seems to always be sold out...The POS spektrum seems to always be available, hmmm

Here's a list of some other radios available on JRC:
HoBao Truggy SS FHSS HT-2.4E
Syncro KT 201
Skyion MOD 3S

@bicketybam ... Do you think the rugged its truly worth the increase in price over the standard DX5 then..??
What's the price difference? My DX5 was expensive because it came with the SR6000 AVC receiver. I know the Rugged isn't available with that option. I'm pretty hard on my controller and frequently get it muddy and wet. So in my case it probably was worth it.

I'm pretty hard on my controller and frequently get it muddy and wet. So in my case it probably was worth it.

@bicketybam
I'm also not very careful with my controller, that's what drew me to the rugged in the first place..?

Can I ask another question.. does the rugged have adjustable finger trigger positioning and steering tension like the Dx5 pro..??

@bicketybam
I'm also not very careful with my controller, that's what drew me to the rugged in the first place..?

Can I ask another question.. does it have adjustable finger trigger positioning and steering tension like the Dx5 pro..??
I'd have to look but gun to my head I would say no. Doesn't it say on their website?

I went with the 5C because it was a little cheaper - and the AVC receiver is already in the Infraction. As a bonus, it comes with a comfy wheel grip. ;)

Rugged is really just for people who drop their radios or get them wet/dirty. Otherwise, the DX5C is quite a bit cheaper.

My opinion on Futaba vs. Sanwa vs. Spektrum

I run a 7PX with a GYC441 gyro via a R334SBS and CB-700 servo.

Best be sitting down when you price it up but the kit is amazing!

The gyro and servo interaction is so quick it drives pinpoint straight even on the worse of surfaces, can’t compare to AVC but against the TSM its so much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back