Spektrum DX5 Rugged / DX5 Pro - Battery Status

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dex

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon TLR
Hi,
I need advice on where I can find the current remaining capacity during use. I have explored every part of the menu and found nothing like that and I still refuse to believe that such information is not there when the DX3 transmitter can do it... (Only through the LEDs but still it's enough...)

Thanks

Hi,
I need advice on where I can find the current remaining capacity during use. I have explored every part of the menu and found nothing like that and I still refuse to believe that such information is not there when the DX3 transmitter can do it... (Only through the LEDs but still it's enough...)

Thanks
Someone correct me if im wrong. but I believe you have to run Spektrum batteries & smart ESC for this to work

Cheap and easy way is to put a lipo alarm on the battery. Set the alarm for a little bit above LVC cut-off. When you hear the alarm you will know to bring it back close to you. Like said above, you will need the spektrum smart esc and batteries for the dx5c to show battery life.

Sorry I didn't specify, I have everything from Spektrum (ESC, receiver) including batteries, I even have G1 and G2 batteries... So?

Sorry I didn't specify, I have everything from Spektrum (ESC, receiver) including batteries, I even have G1 and G2 batteries... So?
google spektrum telemetry set up . lots of youtube videos showing the setup.

google spektrum telemetry set up . lots of youtube videos showing the setup.
If it was that simple I wouldn't post on the forums... I couldn't find anything to help me... Thanks

If it was that simple I wouldn't post on the forums... I couldn't find anything to help me... Thanks
sorry I can't help run a dx5 rugged and Spektrum receivers in my boats but don't use spectrum batteries or esc . have you searched the forum for help
Which receiver are you running?

Last edited:
sorry I can't help run a dx5 rugged and Spektrum receivers in my boats but don't use spectrum batteries or esc . have you searched the forum for help

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/spectrum-dx5-rugged-no-telemetry.18910/

When your looking at the main screen, you have to scroll down through the different parameters.. also you may not have it selected to be displayed!? It's there I promise, u got the manual handy?

You need a telemetry receiver (ends in T), not any ol’ Spektrum receiver will work.

I'm sorry I finally found it... I didn't realize I had to go to the main menu after setting up telemetry and that's where it shows up. I'm still a bit confused with the logic of setting up the transmitter menu.

Thanks everyone

Hit me up if you have any questions!
I'm sorry I finally found it... I didn't realize I had to go to the main menu after setting up telemetry and that's where it shows up. I'm still a bit confused with the logic of setting up the transmitter menu.

Thanks everyone

Hi, I would still like to advise on something I have come across and don't really know what to do with. :cry:

I have a DX5 Rugged transmitter where I have a problem with the battery telemetry, but everything should work, I must be missing something.

I have a combination:
Smart Firm 150A 3-6S + SR6100AT + DX5 + G2 Battery 4S (All have updated firmware) and the transmitter does not display the current battery level why?

I still have the combination in another model:
Smart Firm 130A 2-4S + SR6100AT + DX5 + G2 Battery 4S here with that combination the transmitter displays the battery status correctly.

Is it possible that the ESC 6S telemetry is not working properly when I use only the 4S battery in that model? Is that the only difference, otherwise I have no explanation why it doesn't work, or does it have to switch something on the controller for the 4S battery?

Thank you

Is it displayed on the screen with no data?
Yes, the ESC which has two connectors IC5 does not display any data, so I did not try in the second connector and I did not try 2x 3S Batteries. I have them so I can try them, however it is still strange, it should work no matter what battery it is...

Thanks everyone
There is a learning curve with all Radios. Takes much time to go over the whole menu over and over to program it the way you want it. Manual in hand, doesn't always help. But go there first. There are many YT videos about this radio. The $99.00 Spektrum Telem Rx is crazy stupid expensive.:mad: Like it is supposed to be Gold or something. :unsure: Costs more than the DX5C radio alone. What gives? :unsure:I gave up on being raped by Spektrum Smart dumb stuff. I gave up on the Spektrum radios. I do have a DX5C, and is Far from my favorite radio. Have many others here. Rx's cost way less than the Spektrum slow ass garbage.

Last edited:
There is a learning curve with all Radios. Takes much time to go over the whole menu over and over to program it the way you want it. Manula in hand. There are many YT videos about this radio.
However, yes, I have already set it all up as I wanted, but I found that it is not sent at the specific ESC telemetry and I have already gone through everything according to my... And believe me, I haven't found this "problem" anywhere that's why I'm asking for advice here...

Has nothing to do with battery type etc. It works. The only thing you need is ESC/Receiver and transmitter, which you have.
Did you actually set up telemetry on your transmitter for this model? Bet you didn't.
Simply go into the telemetry menu on your DX5 and do an auto-config or manual setup.

Should work now.
Needs to be done for every receiver you bind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back