Spektrum ESC Programmer - Anyone going to get one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
With the Felony having the new Spektrum Firma ESC 150 and some of the issues we have seen posted, any of you planning on getting this Spektrum programmer below to update the ESC when updates come out?

Spektrum ESC Programmer is $30 is it worth getting one to be ready?

1603941296330.png

I have one, works great. Cost a great deal more here in Canada.......30$ is a drop in the bucket

cheers,
kev

I have one that I got a while ago mainly because the documentation for the firma ESCs at the time was out of date and one of the parameter options in the manual didn't match the number of options available that the esc actually had in it. This made the esc beep method programming confusing because it made me think was in the wrong parameter so I wasn't sure if I was changing the right thing. I got the smart programmer so I could tell which options I was modifying because this displays the actual menu item by name on the display.

A bonus of this unit is you can check cell voltages of your packs so it's still useful after initial esc programming.

Screenshot_20201028-204810_eBay.jpg

I purchased one as well - for easy programming as well as firmware updates. I believe the Firma 150 has two firmwares - one for off-road (B2.12) and one for on-road (B2.11). Don't ask me what the difference is, but if you ever repurpose the Firma 150 from your all-road car to use in an off-road vehicle, it might be nice to have the programmer around to re-flash the firmware.

Firma_Firmware.jpg

Got one while ago. It’s well worth 30 beans.

Firmware updates.
Something I know nothing about I’m embarrassed to admit. In a nutshell, what process do you have To do?

With the Felony having the new Spektrum Firma ESC 150 and some of the issues we have seen posted, any of you planning on getting this Spektrum programmer below to update the ESC when updates come out?

Spektrum ESC Programmer is $30 is it worth getting one to be ready?

View attachment 106866bought mine from Horizon Hobby, easy to use and worth the money but I own 5 Arrma's and 3 of the have problems with the ESC's, 2 100BLX's and 1 Smart Firma that came in my Mojave.

I have one that I got a while ago mainly because the documentation for the firma ESCs at the time was out of date and one of the parameter options in the manual didn't match the number of options available that the esc actually had in it. This made the esc beep method programming confusing because it made me think was in the wrong parameter so I wasn't sure if I was changing the right thing. I got the smart programmer so I could tell which options I was modifying because this displays the actual menu item by name on the display.

A bonus of this unit is you can check cell voltages of your packs so it's still useful after initial esc programming.

View attachment 106867
I have one and it's worth the money instead of pushing buttons and counting beeps, it's just I haven't had very good luck with Spektrum ESC's 2 100 BLX's and Smart firma in my Mojave which I bought the programmer for are giving me all kinds of problems, Horizon Hobby told their stuck between modes and to send them for repair or replacement. Th as that's 3 of them ! Either way they never said they would do it for free? I think they should send me 2 100 BLX's And 150 smart firma that goes in my $700 Mojave. I own 5 Arrma vehicles all bought through Amazon in the last 4.5 months. This is ridiculous, I was going the buy the Losi 22S until I found out the electronics are Spektrum.

Does anyone know if the Hobbywing version of this programmer works on Spektrum? Can it flash/update the firmware?

Does anyone know if the Hobbywing version of this programmer works on Spektrum? Can it flash/update the firmware?
No. They’re all proprietary. They look the same but to my knowledge they don’t allow others to work. Unless you can find a way to “unlock” or jailbreak one lol.

Hobbywing works w Hobbywing. Spektrum w spektrum

For some odd reason I haven’t been able to get mine to work. It will read cell voltage but haven’t figured out how to get it to program the esc.

You guys are simply plugging in from the connector out of the esc, right?

I can't speak for Spektrum yet but for Hobbywing I have had better luck using the pigtail that comes with the programmer and connecting to the ESC fan port. (plug in the programmer, then turn on the ESC).

Does one programmer do one car or does it do multiple cars and do I have to connect it to the computer to do a firmware update can I use it without using the firmware update on multiple cars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back