Spektrum Firma 100 ESC program confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I just swapped ESC‘s and put the new firma 100 in my Granite. The program card that came with did not show an adjustment for BEC. Prior to putting this in I noticed online that there was an adjustment between 6 V and 7.4 V BEC. Does anyone know if there is a new firmware update to change that adjustment or something like that? Thank you

I just swapped ESC‘s and put the new firma 100 in my Granite. The program card that came with did not show an adjustment for BEC. Prior to putting this in I noticed online that there was an adjustment between 6 V and 7.4 V BEC. Does anyone know if there is a new firmware update to change that adjustment or something like that? Thank you
It looks like this issue has been taken care of through the manufacturer cause I just bought the firma 100a esc a couple days ago along with the spektrum programmer and the BEC in the programmer does give you the option now to change it between 6v and 7.4v.

Despite that Spektrum claims these are Firmware updatable, Spektrum does not support that at all. Last I heard.
There are even F/W differences between their Retail versions and the RTR versions. Although apparently the same ESC's. But if you look closely enough the model numbers are slightly different due to the different F/W. Being stuck with what you end up getting.
Like with the RTR Vorteks ESC. Has no LVC setting. It is "locked" in the F/W to one set Voltage cut-off. And its too High of a cut-off. Many Vorteks owners find that the Lipos go LVC rather too early, even with plenty of lipo capacity left. Short run times......
Whatever F/W was flashed at the time of Mfr'ing is what you have to deal with. Even the Spektrum Documentation seems to be in error in many cases. One reason I stay away from buying Retail Spektrums after the RTR stockers are done fried . They are all a mixed bag, cheap RTR stuff. Buy cheap, don't complain.
HW for me.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back